What do you want to be added the most?

Poll closed Jan 5, 2016.
  1. Give us more CFWs to choose from when booting

22 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Improve the readme.txt and turn it into an awesome readme.html

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. Add a working ninjhax 1.1b exploit that will launch old HBL & will be launched by using Cubic Ninja

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. Make a guide for 9.3.0+ users (HBL only)

12 vote(s)
    19.7%
  5. Make a video of this

21 vote(s)
    34.4%
  6. Something else... (Please post suggestions and ideas)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 61 voter(s)
  1. conradcervantes

conradcervantes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Download on your twitter constantly freezes up at 98%. Not sure if it's something on my end, but I've tried four times now and it's been the same result every time.

2. AileenLumina

OP AileenLumina Python main, software engineer and API designer

Germany
    This is weird. I would appreciate if anyone could give you the ZIP by uploading it to e.g. zippyshare and sending you the link via PM. :) (I can't do that right now, that's why.)

3. conradcervantes

conradcervantes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    No worries, thanks for replying so quickly, as well as the amount of time you spent compiling everything for this.

4. AileenLumina

Germany
    Thank you for the motivation. :)

Last edited by AileenLumina, Nov 1, 2015
  5. Kyberoid

Kyberoid Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    First off, thanks for all your work with this guide, really it helps with so much information being out there, to have it consolidated.

However, I also have the issue of the download freezing at 98%, I've tried it a number of times, and even left it for 9 hours while I went to work. So if anyone could put it on a mirror or such, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I can't download 4 files specifically. (I did the option to download every file separately)
    N3DS_U_13330_8203.bin
    POST5_U_2048-_usa_9221.bin
    and then Japan and Europe file that I didn't get the name of, but I don't think I need those, as I have a US 3DS.

Last edited by Kyberoid, Nov 3, 2015
  6. MTfresh

MTfresh Member
    Newcomer

You can do what I did and replace the themehax_installer folder with the newest version (menuhax 2.0). Menuhax 2.0 can be found here: https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax/releases

7. AileenLumina

Germany
    An improved Menuhax 2.0 is included in the download as well. :)

8. Kyberoid

Kyberoid Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok, so I was able to finally download all of the files, and then I put them onto my SD card, and when I click on the slider for step 1.2, the bottom screen goes yellow then gray, then it just stays there. Any ideas? My 3DS is version 8.1.0-19U by the way.

Thanks.

9. AileenLumina

Germany
    You have to be on 9.0.0, 9.1.0 or 9.2.0 in order to have everything working. Here's how to safely update to 9.2.0:

10. Amadren

Amadren Pasta Hoarder

France
    Suggestion: Add this to your tuto: "If you have a 9.0-9.2 N3DS and rxtools/pasta isn't loading, use a new, never used microSD card". I had this bug. HBL loading fine but not Pasta, Cakes and rxTools. It may happen on some N3DSes with 9.0 (mine came from Australia (EUR region) and it has this problem)

AileenLumina likes this.
  11. AileenLumina

Germany
    Thank you for your contribution!
    You actually should try to format the (micro)SD using FAT32 before you give up on it. :)

Edit: To do so, use EaseUS Partition Manager.

Last edited by AileenLumina, Nov 4, 2015
    Amadren likes this.
  12. Amadren

Amadren Pasta Hoarder

France
    Did it using gParted, even tried a "dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sdX" before formatting in Windows with EaseUS Partition Manager, didn't worked. The microsd was working fine but not Cakes, rxTools and Pasta (black screen with rxTools, firmware.bin not found with cakes and no sig. patch with Pasta).

AileenLumina likes this.
  13. AileenLumina

Germany
    Well, thanks again then. Would you mind adding some details of your SD card?
    Oh, and yes, mine (32GB) didn't work as well at the beginning until I did everything on the 4GB microSD that was already inside the n3DS when I got it, then using USB Image Tool to copy the data to my 32GB microSD.

Amadren likes this.
  14. Amadren

Amadren Pasta Hoarder

France
    3 cards didn't worked:
    32 Gb noname x2 <- Not detected by the N3DS after rebooting in Pasta
    16 Gb Samsung Class 10 <- Detected by the N3DS but Pasta/rxTools/CakesFW not working (CakesFW worked the first time BUT, when I resetted my console to install rxTools + Pasta by following another tut, it didn't worked anymore)

Bought a 16 Gb Samsung Class 10 Pro Evolution (35€ :'() and it worked perfectly.

EDIT: You said that if I copy the sd 1 to the sd 2 using USB Image Tool, it will work? I'll give it a try, thanks ^^

Last edited by Amadren, Nov 4, 2015
    AileenLumina likes this.
  15. Dani S

Dani S Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    Please help! I have an o3ds with 9.2.0 on emuNand and sysNand (I used your guide to update it) and it seems that my emuNand isn't working with rxTools. I created emuNand partition yesterday gateway and updated it to 9.2.0 When I try and boot from rxTools it gives me the error 4 when trying to install. I tried following instructions in this thread earlier by copying the firmware.bin to /rxTools/sys and some other instructions online to the root of the SDCard, but it still doesn't load. Can someone help?

Thanks

16. AileenLumina

Germany
    I would be really thankful if anyone could please use cdn_firm.py to download the 10.2 firmware.bin, then upload it on his MEGA, then share it with aidanlumina(at)protonmail.ch . :)

In order to download the firmware.bin, download and install python 2.7x (use google), then download the latest nightly of rxTools, then launch the cdn_firm.py which is in the Tools folder inside the rxTools ZIP.

17. angrybanana5000

Newcomer

United States
    Thanks a lot for this guide! I wouldn't have been able to get my n3DS CFW ready without it! However the mega download kept breaking at 98% for me so I went and downloaded each folder by itself (except for themehax, I think that'd what is causing the download to break) and go from there!

18. HelpThePenguin

Newcomer

Hi there,

Thank you so much for creating this guide!

I'm trying to unlock an N3DS on firmware version 9.0.0-20E, unfortunately I keep getting stuck at a black screen during step 1.3.5. After waiting for 10 minutes my 3DS does not return back to the home menu screen.

Could anyone tell me where I might be going wrong?

Thanks!

- HTP

19. Amadren

Amadren Pasta Hoarder

France
    ;)

AileenLumina likes this.
  20. AileenLumina

Germany
    Yes, it's true. Thanks for your help! :)
    I'm gonna make a lot of improvements to the guide when the PoC of 3CIA is finished.

Amadren likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Beginners, gbatemp, Guide