Before turning the gun on himself...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho...I guess...

Well, it's pay day, and once again it's bad news. The short version? I'm REALLY fucking poor. The long version...

- I used to score about £480 a month on average.

- My expenses every month are £250 to my dad (£200 for rent, £50 to pay off what I owe for Nanaki), £52 a month for my mobile and broadband charges, somewhere around £40 a month for Nanaki's food and upkeep, and the rest normally went on games and cheese but now it finds its way towards romantic activities with Heather.

- Last month I only got £313, so I couldn't pay my phone and broadband bills at all. I'm therefore badly behind schedule and owe Virgin Media a LOT of money. My phone bill was also much higher than normal thanks to a rather ill-advised phone call to Sian that cost me a damn fortune.

- This month I was on a 5 week rota (we're paid monthly, two sets of 4 weeks then a 5), so I should have earned more. On a decent 5 week rotation I can easily break the £550 mark.

- I should have earned even more this month because we're supposed to earn 1% of all our sales. Even with such a small percentage, I've sold a LOT of stuff over the last 5 weeks. It adds up.

- I got just over £400.

WHAT THE FUCK?????!!!!!!!!!!!????????

I feel sick. I've worked my nuts off for the last 5 weeks and I've got basically fuck all to show for it. I can just barely pay my basic expenses, my rent and Nanaki's food. After that I'm fucked. I can't pay off my Virgin Media outstanding bill, I can't get myself anything decent, be it clothes or games or cheese, I can't take my girlfriend out anywhere nice.

I'll be 'having words' with my boss for the final time this afternoon after examining my paycheck in great detail, and in all probability turning in my badge. I cannot survive on such an insulting wage. Well, I can survive, but not live. I can't make anything worth my time. I can't enjoy anything. The last five weeks of hard labour just to pay bills and continue eating terrible food, being hounded by Virgin Media for money I don't have, having to give my dog the cheap crappy food, not being able to take my sweetheart to the movies or out for dinner. I'm insulted. To whoever is responsible for constantly under paying me, I say simply this.

[youtube]65Hbl9J3zlM[/youtube]

Thankfully I do have some saving graces. A brief show of force (with a helpful reminder that I own a razor sharp Lionheart gunblade replica) has reminded my dad that constantly demanding money I don't have will only...enrage me. I've explained to Virgin Media that I'll pay them when I can afford it. And frankly I don't care if they cut off my phone or broadband, I can live without both. I've scraped together a little extra leeway with my finances so I can make life a little more worthwhile. And Heather isn't exactly a materialistic girl, she doesn't need flowers and chocolates and trips to the movies to be happy, she just wants someone who cares for her, which I can provide no matter the circumstances. So it's not all bad. I just wish I could go one pay day without it being such a joke. I want my efforts to mean something at the end of the month and they never seem to. Hence why I've been filling out application forms for new jobs. Maybe one day I'll find a place in this world where I'm appreciated. But until then, if you see me in a news article ending with the blog title, you know why.

Now I have to give Virgin Media another call and explain the situation more thoroughly, explain I'll make some sort of 'token' payment as a show of good faith but they'll have to wait for the rest. After that...I dunno. My finances are gonna be shot to shit for a while, but I'll endure somehow. I always seem to endure. I just wish my life was more about living than enduring, you know? But as long as I have Heather by my side I'll get by. After all, I used to spend my money on games and snacks to make myself feel better about life because I was alone. Now I'm not.

I'm still buying Resident Evil Mercenaries on the 1st though
smile.gif
Somehow...

Blaze.

'Oh, I get it. You think you can handle me. That's cute.' - Me, when Tony decided to 'square off' on me thinking he was 'hard'.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
That sucks...

On your last blog, you said that your Boss was getting attracted to you because of Heather didn't you?

But isn't she pregnant, or whatsoever? i remember 1 time in a blog you posted that when the baby was born he would be called Kyle (Kyle's Mom a B*tch, remember it?)

Well, go there and explain your situation, your bills.. and maybe she will give you more money? xD

Well... Good Luck... if i could i'd help you, you seem a really nice guy.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
MaxNuker said:
That sucks...

On your last blog, you said that your Boss was getting attracted to you because of Heather didn't you?

But isn't she pregnant, or whatsoever? i remember 1 time in a blog you posted that when the baby was born he would be called Kyle (Kyle's Mom a B*tch, remember it?)

Well, go there and explain your situation, your bills.. and maybe she will give you more money? xD

Well... Good Luck... if i could i'd help you, you seem a really nice guy.

Shiva's my supervisor, not my overall boss. That's still Wesley. Shiva does indeed seem to be attracted to me and yes, she's already with someone else and expecting. Not that it matters, even if she was single I wouldn't give even the slightest hint of a flying fuck. And that's even if I wasn't with the vastly superior Heather. Heather's gorgeous, Shiva's kinda meh. Shiva is a cold calculating biatch. Heather's the sweetest person I've ever met. No contest.

It's Wesley who dicks about with the numbers every month and ends up paying us less. See, the reason is that he only has a set number of hours to dish out, and they're not enough to get everything done. So he offers us more hours, we work them under the promise we'll get paid but it'll be run through the rota using hours he had left over from the previous week instead of appearing on the week we work the shift (we don't care how, so long as we're paid) and if deputy manager James has command, we do indeed get paid. If Wes in in charge...well, this happens.

There's also no sign of my bonus pay, which I'll be taking up with them shortly.

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Men, just go there, tell him to pay, or GTFO!

You Work, OverWork, and OverOverWork, to get your sweet money and he doesn't want to pay the extra hours you do?

That sucks... I'd just quit that job.. its not really worth it.. you are working like for free...

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
MaxNuker said:
Men, just go there, tell him to pay, or GTFO!

You Work, OverWork, and OverOverWork, to get your sweet money and he doesn't want to pay the extra hours you do?

That sucks... I'd just quit that job.. its not really worth it.. you are working like for free...

I can't quit because I'm not entitled to Job Seeker's Allowance if I quit a paying job, even if it is underpaying me. I still have to pay bills, so if I quit I'd have no money at all. Better to have the bare minimum than nothing at all. I am applying for other jobs though. Got an application form for a card shop right around the corner from my house. Not the most respectable profession but it's better than nothing.

At least Heather understands though. She knows I work hard and that I'm doing my best. She doesn't want to be taken out to dinner, she actually prefers the simple intimacy of my room with pasta and a movie.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do what most people do GET A SECOND JOB!

other than that budget properly and cut your phone use down!

£52 a month for a mobile wtf! guessing here do you by chance have a blackberry and paying for the unnecessary bolt on crap like bbm yet have unlimited texts !? can never figure that one!? nor paying for bb email when you can access google mail freely!? (#1 tip for a message client for most mobile 'whatsapp' free for the first year and a couple of quid there after per year!

£200 a month rent to your own family!!! that totally sucks maybe cheaper getting your own place! or share with a friend!

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
Do what most people do GET A SECOND JOB!

other than that budget properly and cut your phone use down!

£52 a month for a mobile wtf! guessing here do you by chance have a blackberry and paying for the unnecessary bolt on crap like bbm yet have unlimited texts !? can never figure that one!? nor paying for bb email when you can access google mail freely!? (#1 tip for a message client for most mobile 'whatsapp' free for the first year and a couple of quid there after per year!

£200 a month rent to your own family!!! that totally sucks maybe cheaper getting your own place! or share with a friend!

The £52 is for my phone and my home broadband combined. Samsung Galaxy S, 600 minutes, infinite texts, 1GB net allowance, and 30MB wireless broadband. I actually get a fairly sizeable discount for having both together. My phone bill was much higher last month though because I got ripped off on a call to New Zealand. Fuckin' 95p a minute...

My dad's still being a prick even though I just gave him £200. It's high because he knows I can't afford to go anywhere else, so he charges me for everything. He's scum. He still has the cheek to bitch about how money's tight even when I just gave him fully half my pay and left myself in deep financial shit as a result. Even if I keep my temper at work, I doubt I'll keep it at home much longer. He's constantly yelling at me because the house is struggling. It's insulting, considering out of the 3 people living here (me, my older brother and our dad), dad's the only one without a job. He's always implying that it's me that's letting the house down for my wages not being up to scratch. AT LEAST I HAVE WAGES YOU FAT FUCK. Seriously, all he does is sit around moping and playing Tiger Woods on the PS3. And he has the balls to yell at me and call me lazy when I work every hour the good lord sends.

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Well... you should talk to Heather or to some friend of yours to see if you can move to him and pay him a rent... must be smaller... £200 a month to the family is kinda.... stealing you?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not moving in with Heather, we've only been officially dating a few days. There's moving quickly and there's being the lovechild of Sonic and Speedy Gonzales, you know? The problem is that because of the multitude of family problems I mostly survived as a child, I've been bouncing between houses for years and as a result most of my friends have moved on when I'm away. The last friend I had here in Coventry is so badly pussy-whipped it's impossible to get any sense out of him, much less move in with the guy.

That's why dad rips me off. He knows that until my situation changes there's nothing I can do. And it'll change in one of two ways. Either I'll get myself a proper career (unlikely, nobody is hiring anywhere I can get to) or I'll finally stop restraining myself for 'the greater good' and snap his neck like a twig. You can go either way on that one, really.

It's starting to have serious effects on me though. My blood pressure has been so high lately that my skin is literally tearing apart. The scar on my left hand (the one shaped like a Triforce) is constantly burning. My head is almost alway agony. I feel sick a lot of the time, my shoulder is badky damaged, my feet ache, my vision blurs, I get no sleep and generally not doing too well. When Heather's around I can focus my mind and suppress the problems (it'd take too long to explain how, but the term 'magic' fits as well as any other to keep things short), but whenever anyone annoys me, be it dad or Tony or Wesley, it breaks my focus and I suffer the full extent of the damage.

Thankfully Heather's nearly always around
smile.gif

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great job blaming other people for your problems. I know people probably worse off than you who manage to get by and at least they know it's their own fault that they're in that situation. Basically it just seems that you wish things would get better instead of actually trying to do something about it.

Blaze163 said:
I own a razor sharp Lionheart gunblade replica
Why the fuck do you spend your money on crap like this and then complain that you're poor?

Sorry for being a dick but I gotta tell it like it is

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DeathStrudel said:
Great job blaming other people for your problems. I know people probably worse off than you who manage to get by and at least they know it's their own fault that they're in that situation. Basically it just seems that you wish things would get better instead of actually trying to do something about it.

Blaze163 said:
I own a razor sharp Lionheart gunblade replica
Why the fuck do you spend your money on crap like this and then complain that you're poor?

Sorry for being a dick but I gotta tell it like it is

Ah, the inevitable negative post. What kept you? Alright, let's totally destroy everything you just said and make you look a fool. Gotta be quick though, got work this afternoon.

1) I AM doing things about it. How else do you describe working every hour I can, applying for other jobs to boost my income, selling my stuff to make ends meet, etc? Don't think for one second that you know what you're talking about because I'm doing everything I can under difficult circumstances. And I'm making progress. Had a few interviews lately, which given the lack of jobs in this city is good news. Just a matter of time before I get another job.

2) My Lionheart was a gift. Cost me nothing. And just because you deem it worthless doesn't mean I have to. My dad acts much the same as you. No respect for anyone else's thoughts or feelings. A real douche.

3) You don't have to 'tell it like it is'. At what point where you invited to do so? I don't recall ever posting 'now somebody be a twat'.

Now go sit in the corner with your crayons like the rest of the fucktards.

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
You have a Triforce Scar? Pics Please xD

anyway... that sucks... no one on your family can help you? appart from your dad? why you and your brother dont get a appartment and share the house bills?

Or you don't go along with your brother too?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not so much a scar as a...actually I don't know exactly what it is. An old wound on the back of my left hand never fully healed and while under most circumstances it's difficult to see, when my blood pressure is high, normally due to extreme stress, it is much more noticable, appearing as a small triangular red mark with a white gap in the centre on my hand. It's not that easy to see right now 'cause I've been with Heather most of the day, I'm fairly calm right now. But when I inevitably stress out and it reveals itself again, I'll take some pics for you.

My brother has his own issues. He has a son to support who visits on the weekends (Xander, I mention him from time to time), his own job doesn't pay that great, and he's not especially easy to live with on account of his overwhelming Doctor Who obsession, and the fact that he's pretty much a jerk. When I was betrayed and left to die on my mother's doorstep (not even knowing for sure if that was her address) it was my older brother who gave certain items to my dad's evil ex girlfriend, triggering the events that tore my life apart. So...yeah, I don't wanna live with that clown.

I'll figure something out, I always do. I've never been beaten by something this simple. I'm just venting my frustration here to keep it under control. Hell, if the Reaper himself couldn't hold me back I doubt my old man can defeat me. I'll keep on going until I finally drop dead, permenantly this time. I'm not giving up on my dream of writing reviews professionally. My portfolio is growing by the day (finished my review of DOA Dimensions a few days ago, working on a 'retro' review now) and once it's a decent size with sufficient variety of articles to grab anyone's attention, I'll be sending it out to show every magazine in the world my potential. Call it arrogant if you like to think so highly of my skills but one must have faith in oneself.

MaxNuker

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not arrogant... its the truth... you gotta always think high of yourself... or you wont go anywhere....

You should try to enter the Mag.Staff on GBATemp so you can make more reviews?

About the scar, now i really wanna see it ( i know its only visible in bad moments xD)

Maybe your are a Link without a Fairy (duh, Ocarina of Time anyone?)

xD, i know Link doesn't have such a scar... but its the symbol of TLoZ afterall xD

DeathStrudel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Ah, the inevitable negative post. What kept you? Alright, let's totally destroy everything you just said and make you look a fool. Gotta be quick though, got work this afternoon.

1) I AM doing things about it. How else do you describe working every hour I can, applying for other jobs to boost my income, selling my stuff to make ends meet, etc? Don't think for one second that you know what you're talking about because I'm doing everything I can under difficult circumstances. And I'm making progress. Had a few interviews lately, which given the lack of jobs in this city is good news. Just a matter of time before I get another job. How bout you do something like go to college? Then you can be a big boy with a real job

Blaze163 said:
2) My Lionheart was a gift. Cost me nothing. And just because you deem it worthless doesn't mean I have to. My dad acts much the same as you. No respect for anyone else's thoughts or feelings. A real douche. Never said it was worthless, I just meant that paying your bills is more important and just wondering why you have something like that when you complain about money problems, it would probably fetch a pretty penny, but if it was a gift and has sentimental value then I can understand why you would want to keep it.

Blaze163 said:
3) You don't have to 'tell it like it is'. At what point where you invited to do so? I don't recall ever posting 'now somebody be a twat'.
When I noticed that this is a forum where I can post something without your permission.

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jun 24 2011, 09:17 AM)
This is funny. Do you actually think you've insulted me? Or 'put me in my place' or something? In my eyes you've only made yourself look more pathetic. I've had many people thank me for being harsh on them and getting them to realize that they can do more to take control of their own lives instead of complaining about it. The ones that respond the way you have are generally the immature/hot-headed ones that can't handle criticism so they attempt to make me "look a fool," but often end up doing that to themselves.

If you respond to this I hope it's as funny as your first reply

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
MaxNuker said:
It's not arrogant... its the truth... you gotta always think high of yourself... or you wont go anywhere....

You should try to enter the Mag.Staff on GBATemp so you can make more reviews?

About the scar, now i really wanna see it ( i know its only visible in bad moments xD)

Maybe your are a Link without a Fairy (duh, Ocarina of Time anyone?)

xD, i know Link doesn't have such a scar... but its the symbol of TLoZ afterall xD

*looks for a cuddly Navi

Oh dear lord. Here, anyone who found Navi annoying, moreso now that she pesters you to take a break every now and then, consider that it could be a LOT worse if she wasn't just a glowing ball of light with wings. Imagine if under that glow Navi actually looked like this.

abby-sesame-street-plush.jpg

That would be pretty messed up...

Well, better head off to work. Gotta go get my pay slip and see exactly where they fucked up this time and what I can do about it. Better to get the evidence on my side then use it to take what's rightfully mine than go in all guns blazing and making things worse. But that's the backup plan if the peaceful approach doesn't work
tongue.gif

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn i thought i was poor, i make $400 a week. and i sit around and take phone calls all day. i feel poor every payday.

i guess poorness is in the eye of the beholder.

TheDreamLord

Trophies
Website
darkraino1.zymichost.com
XP
Country
DeathStrudel said:
Blaze163 said:

1) I AM doing things about it. How else do you describe working every hour I can, applying for other jobs to boost my income, selling my stuff to make ends meet, etc? Don't think for one second that you know what you're talking about because I'm doing everything I can under difficult circumstances. And I'm making progress. Had a few interviews lately, which given the lack of jobs in this city is good news. Just a matter of time before I get another job. How bout you do something like go to college? Then you can be a big boy with a real job

Blaze163 said:
2) My Lionheart was a gift. Cost me nothing. And just because you deem it worthless doesn't mean I have to. My dad acts much the same as you. No respect for anyone else's thoughts or feelings. A real douche. Never said it was worthless, I just meant that paying your bills is more important and just wondering why you have something like that when you complain about money problems, it would probably fetch a pretty penny, but if it was a gift and has sentimental value then I can understand why you would want to keep it.

Blaze163 said:
When I noticed that this is a forum where I can post something without your permission.

QUOTE(Blaze163 @ Jun 24 2011, 09:17 AM)
This is funny. Do you actually think you've insulted me? Or 'put me in my place' or something? In my eyes you've only made yourself look more pathetic. I've had many people thank me for being harsh on them and getting them to realize that they can do more to take control of their own lives instead of complaining about it. The ones that respond the way you have are generally the immature/hot-headed ones that can't handle criticism so they attempt to make me "look a fool," but often end up doing that to themselves.

If you respond to this I hope it's as funny as your first reply
College is free now?

@op damn
ohnoes.png
atleast ur getting somewhere job wise.... hope it works out for the best ;/ also i'd say screw you dad and try find a place to move in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, Is that SAK I see. :ninja:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a weird game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I wanted to see shards of the titanic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here