Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so determined to buy the game. But since shops were closed and I couldn't wait, I gave it a try.

I first started with arrow buttons, turns out I can't press Green+Red chords.
So I switched to BXY buttons and just finished easy.

I got 3 star-ed 2 songs on my first try: Do what you want, I know a little
I got 4 star-ed 4 songs on my first try: Jet airliner, Youth gone wild, I don't wanna stop, Pride and joy
Except "I know a little", the other 5 songs were 5 star-ed on the second try

-1'ed 2 songs on my first try: Heaven, What I want
FC'ed 2 songs on my first try: Hit me with your best shot, This love

3 starred song : 1
5 starred song : 24
Highest score : 102080 (Jet airliner)

Review/Impressions:
Y mapped to green and X mapped to red really messed me up, I'm not gonna try to 5 star "I know a little" because red and green is confusing as hell.

When playing on console I can just whammy without thinking much, but on OT as soon as long note ends whammy turns into strums. This can kill the combo and multiplier. I just avoided whammy most of the time.

Personally, I think the song list is suitable for wide range of people compared to GH2,3,AS. People who like softer rocks would definitely prefer this over console versions, possibly including Rock Band too.

Mic is so ultra extra over sensitive. I set the mic sensitivity option to low, turned down my DS volume to roughly 30%, the speaker sound is loud enough for auto-starpower. I wasn't aiming for a high score or anything so I didn't really mind, but when I didn't get 5 stars I wish I would have used earphones instead.

5 star cutoff is x3.0, opposed to console version's x2.8. Average multiplier of x2.9 gave me 4 stars, x3.0 gave me 5 stars.

When notes are close together, I needed to alt-strum or one input would not register. After each stroke I lift my stylus, but DS fails to recognize that or something.

For no clear reason, sometimes one stroke would register as 2 separate strums. It results in an overstrum and breaks the combo. It could be my touch screen so I'm not gonna talk more about this.

Final verdict:
If you like other Guitar Hero games, there's no reason not to like this one as well. I didn't have the frets and pick, but I've confirmed that the software part of the game is built solid.

For people who've never played Guitar Hero before, try it with buttons unless you have a store that lets you try before buying. I must say, if my console Guitar Hero experience was 10, then On Tour played with buttons was about 2 or 3. That's how big a difference that fret controller add-on will make.
"It's just okay..." "Not bad" will turn into "Wow" and "Excellent" with add-on.

I'm not going to play it with buttons anymore, gonna pick up the game and share it with my girlfriend as soon as I have time.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Yeah, I wish x was green, y was red, yellow was a (how it is) and blue b (as it is also)

Gets confusing if you dont concentrate
biggrin.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that RXAB is exactly what i tought of.

the author of the hack originally only tought about playing in normal position, and not in book position.

Masterof619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
I would think that:

A = Blue

B = Yellow

X = Green

Y = Red

Thats using it in a normal book position and it works much better, although I will eventually get used to it..
I would say this is the best combination. If you use the R Button you can't use the others as much portable as in this combination here.
yaynds.gif
lecture.gif

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Im glad someone else thinks the same.. But dont go onto the author about the buttons.. Just play it for now.. BE GLAD that you can play it without the GRIP so quickly.. I really like it but have nearly finished easy mode..
biggrin.gif
Are the different songs in medium and hard or the same, but harder??

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a hack out already??

Linky please
biggrin.gif

Edit: Wow it's amazing what a lil searching on the forum can do.. Found it.

³³³

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have contact with someone and hes making the best settings to play it
smile.gif

Will be soon here just wait and see....

EDIT : Controls will be : The first color left, 2. up, 3. down. 4. right

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the Y button really is a problem.
you need to reach out quite far with your finger, and you have a high chance of accidentally pressing A too.

anyway, managed to make an ips patch out of the 1st button-patch.
it doesn't trim the rom unlike the other method.(i applied the arm9 directly into the nds instead of unpacking the rom first)

http://narutrans.freehostia.com/ghh.ips

³³³

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone is making a patch with the controls : Controls will be : The first color left, 2. up, 3. down. 4. right

He told me
smile.gif

For the custom songs i just need an gob packer or something it are ogg songs
smile.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Curley5959 said:
so you wont be able to use abxy.. SO it will be

green = left

red = up

yellow = down

blue = right

Thats a bit dodgy.. Dont you think.. I think my idea was better.. More convenient as well..
would it be possible to make the L button activate the surrounding buttons too?
so if you have green and yellow pressed, if you hold L also it selects red and blue too

that way it will make all combinations possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging