Gaming Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii-U exclusive

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And that's different. There's a rather wide technological gap between the Dreamcast and the Xbox/PS2, same with the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360. It's not the same here and the PS3/Xbox 360 still have plenty of life in them. A sequel, if it were to come about, was pretty much expected on these consoles.
Good call. Link to: Bad Call.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Uh oh. You missed on that guess. Maybe be less insulting when you shoot down ideas, non ?
Hardware sales from early 2014.

global-hardware-sales-dec-2013-jan-2014-jpg.5966

Let's just say ... defending the Wii U specs in 2014 is difficult.

Nintendo direct provided some more info about B2.
It's available in 2014.

View attachment 6402

Thanks Iwata :P

...Are you seriously responding to something he said close to a year and a half ago, when he didn't have any of the current information we have now???

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh oh. You missed on that guess. Maybe be less insulting when you shoot down ideas, non ?
Hardware sales from early 2014.

global-hardware-sales-dec-2013-jan-2014-jpg.5966

Let's just say ... defending the Wii U specs in 2014 is difficult.

Nintendo direct provided some more info about B2.
It's available in 2014.

View attachment 6402

Thanks Iwata :P
Congratulations for necrobumping a thread and answering a post more than one year old.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't read much here, but can't understand the shitstorm over Bayonetta 2 being an exclusive title to WiiU.

I really loved Bayonetta on PS3 and Xbox 360, at that time I thought there would never be a second title. When they announced it for WiiU, it was like: Horray! I never thought that was the wrong decision - and later on it was clear that without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would have never happened.

So why should anybody sad or angry instead of happy...?

To the argument that the WiiU has not more games worth playing I can just say: Indeed, it's the same for me. All I see are ports and not very good games. Though.. not an argument to be angry about the fact that Bayo stays on WiiU. ;)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't read much here, but can't understand the shitstorm over Bayonetta 2 being an exclusive title to WiiU.

I really loved Bayonetta on PS3 and Xbox 360, at that time I thought there would never be a second title. When they announced it for WiiU, it was like: Horray! I never thought that was the wrong decision - and later on it was clear that without Nintendo Bayonetta 2 would have never happened.

To the argument that the WiiU has not more games worth playing I can just say: Indeed, it's the same for me. All I see are ports and not very good games. Though.. not an argument to be angry about the fact that Bayo stays on WiiU. ;)
Because it is on the WiiU and not on their hardcore PS3/X360. That's literally the only reason - they don't want to buy a "console for kiddies". At least that seems to be what I understood from it. It's quite hilarious.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because it is on the WiiU and not on their hardcore PS3/X360. That's literally the only reason - they don't want to buy a "console for kiddies". At least that seems to be what I understood from it. It's quite hilarious.
Oh, I see.. hm, odd.

Besides.. when I think about it and look at the Wii now, at the end of this generation it has much more interesting titles then the other two consoles.

When you wait long enough, even the WiiU will have some nice titles that makes it worth buying.

And what is "core" anyway? A meaningless invention like archievements and trophys in my opinion. Forget these things and just have fun seeing what the WiiU is capable of or not. :-)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most people in that camp are happy that Bayonetta 2 exists, they're disappointed that they'd have to pay $299+ just to play it.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Most people in that camp are happy that Bayonetta 2 exists, they're disappointed that they'd have to pay $299+ just to play it.

I'm not so sure about "most." Way too many of them are still angry at Platinum for "selling out" to Nintendo and not making it multiplatform.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose if a two year thread was bumped, then I'll pitch in my two cents.

I recollect people on this site saying that Nintendo needs to get third party developers to release AAA games on their system by paying them enormous sums of cash. And based on the comments on the first page, I believe this was not one of the titles they meant. Or maybe they were surprised that Nintendo unknowingly acceded to their demands.

Bimmel

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But does this statement really makes sense? If the games comes out on PS / Xbox I have to pay also a lot of money?

Today everbody should know that game series happy jump from on console to another. Final Fantasy for example.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about "most." Way too many of them are still angry at Platinum for "selling out" to Nintendo and not making it multiplatform.

I'd argue those people are just a very, very vocal minority. Just because they shout the loudest doesn't mean they represent the fandom as a whole.

But does this statement really makes sense? If the games comes out on PS / Xbox I have to pay also a lot of money?

If the game came out on PS3/360/PC, then no, because they already own those platforms. If we're just talking PS4/Xbox One, the type of player Bayonetta appeals to is probably already purchasing at least one of those consoles anyway. People, on the most part, aren't too willing to buy consoles for one game alone.

Today everbody should know that game series happy jump from on console to another. Final Fantasy for example.

It'd be more accurate to say that franchises are becoming more and more multiplatform. There's a greater emphasis on expanding your audience as much as possible, which makes Bayonetta 2 something of an exception.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd argue those people are just a very, very vocal minority. Just because they shout the loudest doesn't mean they represent the fandom as a whole.
Yeah, but how else can you judge that, other than those that are actually vocal? If the ones who feel that way are the only ones who are vocal, it's hard to determine how many people actually feel that way. Granted, you could say that about just about anything on the internet.

And why does that last quote in your post link to me? I didn't say that. 0_0

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but how else can you judge that, other than those that are actually vocal? If the ones who feel that way are the only ones who are vocal, it's hard to determine how many people actually feel that way. Granted, you could say that about just about anything on the internet.

Because, generally speaking, that's how this always works. The angry few are inherently more motivated than anyone else to constantly post about the issue; rationality and calm don't quite inspire the same fever pitch. Only so many fans will care to this extent, and only so many of them will be truly angered.

We may never know the actual percentages, but it's far safer to assume that these frothing flocks are the minority.

And why does that last quote in your post link to me? I didn't say that. 0_0

Ah, just a copy paste error, that's all.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country

It's better than nothing. I mean, there's no real reason to complain since the game would be non-existent if it weren't coming to the Wii U. The result must surely be less disappointing than not seeing a sequel at all.

Having to pay "$299+" (not going to split hairs here), well, that's the point of exclusives, isn't it? The companies try and entice you into a purchase by offering you something another platform can't. Arguably, if Nintendo had secured more exclusives then fewer people would be complaining about this one. And it's not going to be $299 forever (or probably even that much longer). The Wii U will end up as the budget platform of this generation just like the Wii was. In a few years, the cost will be $100 for a used console and Bayonetta 2 will be in a bargain bin for $10-15, and by then we might be lucky enough that there are more good games on the Wii U to make the purchase a better investment.

I never played Bayonetta, and I'm too darn lazy to look for reviews and gameplay videos. Can someone sum up the game for me? :P

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of ifs and maybes. How do you feel about this? The more gamers voice their opinions, the more accurate results we can get on whether or not this is actually good.
If the game came out on PS3/360/PC, then no, because they already own those platforms. If we're just talking PS4/Xbox One, the type of player Bayonetta appeals to is probably already purchasing at least one of those consoles anyway. People, on the most part, aren't too willing to buy consoles for one game alone.
Do you think there are people who are buying the Xbone just to play Call of Duty? It was, after all, one of the three selling points at their E3 conference.
It'd be more accurate to say that franchises are becoming more and more multiplatform. There's a greater emphasis on expanding your audience as much as possible, which makes Bayonetta 2 something of an exception.

There was a Final Fantasy game released for the GameCube and the GameBoy. But it didn't sell well for the same reasons that Mario wouldn't sell on the Playstation. And I hope you'll take some time to read the comments in the IGN article. I assure you they are very full of idiocy and butthurtism and will provide a great laugh.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never played Bayonetta, and I'm too darn lazy to look for reviews and gameplay videos. Can someone sum up the game for me? :P

A pretty smooth example of the "send in the crazy hardnut to slice through an army", in this case the army are quite literal medieval style angels of the batshit insane (and arguably more accurate than the white dude with wings approach popularised ever since) art style.
519px-Affinity_3.jpg

It was undoubtedly a great example of the gameplay style, though such a style had a reasonable selection at the time and it was not exactly head and shoulders above those which has since rendered it as a good example of the gameplay style and not a lot more. If you like the gameplay style then you could do worse, depending upon your preferences within it you could do better (being made by the Devil May Cry dude it is pretty much that, the style has diverged a lot though) and there may even be broadly better games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1