Gaming Bayonetta 2 announced as Wii-U exclusive

D

Deleted_171835

I made it clear multiple times I was talking about people who were just disappointed/upset in general, not the people who were whining and seething and getting pissed over it. Having to clarify that to you and have you pretend that's not what I mean is really getting old.

And it's a pretty universally accepted fact that the economy in the US is absolutely terrible right now, and is greatly affecting the GENERAL (a word I was careful to use) population. My only mistake was forgetting to clarify I was talking about the US (which I rectified in a later comment). Mainstream gaming sites and commentators who talk about next gen constantly talk about the poor economy being reason that gamers likely may only buy one next-gen system. Asking me to prove that people are poorer due to the economy is like asking me to prove that Zelda is a Nintendo IP. It's a generally accepted fact, and hence it doesn't lie on me to prove it. You can easily look it up yourself.

Disappointment and upsettedness are emotions. They don't HAVE to be "logical." They're feelings. Making death threats and demanding Platinum make the game a multiplat, however, require logic. Angrily ranting against a company for making a game a Nintendo exclusive when the game wouldn't exist otherwise is illogical, and silly (as you and I both agree, I'm sure).
The people who are disappointed have no reason to be. They should be ecstatic because the game actually came out somewhere. There is nothing to be disappointed about.

There were two possible outcomes, the game never coming out at all or the game coming on the Wii U. Obviously one outcome is better than the other so there's no reason to complain.

You said gamers are poorer which I honestly wouldn't say. There is no proof backing that up besides the fact that the middle-class in America is affected by the economy which isn't exactly solid proof. Even so, that isn't an argument against this release.

When you're disappointed at the game being released for the Wii U, I would say you would need to have some logical reasoning behind that. And honestly, there isn't any.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The people who are disappointed have no reason to be. They should be ecstatic because the game actually came out somewhere. There is nothing to be disappointed about.
Sure, there is: People were expecting the sequel to a multiplat to also be multiplat. Just because multiplats turn into exclusives every now and then isn't a reason to not be disappointed when it happens.
There were two possible outcomes, the game never coming out at all or the game coming on the Wii U. Obviously one outcome is better than the other so there's no reason to complain.
"You're getting executed by lethal injection for a crime you didn't commit? It could have been worse: You could have been sentenced to the electric chair instead. So you can't complain!" (I'm NOT SAYING Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive is as bad as execution, I'm just using an exaggerated example to prove a point)
You said gamers are poorer which I honestly wouldn't say. There is no proof backing that up besides the fact that the middle-class in America is affected by the economy which isn't exactly solid proof. Even so, that isn't an argument against this release.
Fair enough. But I'mt not arguing this release. I'm just explaining why I think it makes sense some people are disappointed.
When you're disappointed at the game being released for the Wii U, I would say you would need to have some logical reasoning behind that. And honestly, there isn't any.
Perhaps I should have used the word "bummed" instead of "disappointed." I think the main problem is that you and I have a very different idea of what "disappointed" means in this case.

D

Deleted_171835

http://www.eurogamer...onetta-2-report

Bayonetta 2 was cancelled. Everyone was angry.

http://www.eurogamer...tta-2-confirmed

Bayonetta 2 was brought back from the dead because Nintendo was willing to fund it. Everyone is angry or annoyed?

There were no expectations of the game being multi-platform because the game was cancelled. Gone. Never coming back.

And then Nintendo brought it back and people are annoyed because it isn't coming out on the PS3 or 360? That makes absolutely no sense.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
http://www.eurogamer...onetta-2-report

Bayonetta 2 was cancelled. Everyone was angry.

http://www.eurogamer...tta-2-confirmed

Bayonetta 2 was brought back from the dead because Nintendo was willing to fund it. Everyone is angry or annoyed?

There were no expectations of the game being multi-platform because the game was cancelled. Gone. Never coming back.

And then Nintendo brought it back and people are annoyed because it isn't coming out on the PS3 or 360? That makes absolutely no sense.
I don't know what you're getting at here, because I already agree with everything you're saying in this post...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People freaking out about the jump to Nintendo is too funny. They all talk big with their threats and such, and that is all it is. I would love to see more multi-plat games become not just exclusive, but exclusive to Nintendo, just to get more of their reactions.

It's not the fact that it's Nintendo that bothers people, it's the fact that they need to buy a new console to play the sequel to a game on completely separate consoles.

People seem to think the issue is just mindless Nintendo hatred but it's not that at all.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
People freaking out about the jump to Nintendo is too funny. They all talk big with their threats and such, and that is all it is. I would love to see more multi-plat games become not just exclusive, but exclusive to Nintendo, just to get more of their reactions.

It's not the fact that it's Nintendo that bothers people, it's the fact that they need to buy a new console to play the sequel to a game on completely separate consoles.

People seem to think the issue is just mindless Nintendo hatred but it's not that at all.

But this happens all the time.
Even in 2000, when I was enjoying Shenmue or even Soul Reaver on my Dreamcast, the sequels only came on Xbox and PS2, the newest consoles.

Developers need fresh ideas and new, more capable platform to realize their projects, and when big companies like Nintendo put enough money n the table to grant an exclusive then why not ?
I also wanted to see the Godfather 2 on Wii, but I didn't get it, nor did I get a PS3 or Xbox 360 to play it, but I didn't bitch about it.

Kids on the internet are always whining about something nowadays...

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even in 2000, when I was enjoying Shenmue or even Soul Reaver on my Dreamcast, the sequels only came on Xbox and PS2, the newest consoles.

Developers need fresh ideas and new, more capable platform to realize their projects, and when big companies like Nintendo put enough money n the table to grant an exclusive then why not ?
I also wanted to see the Godfather 2 on Wii, but I didn't get it, nor did I get a PS3 or Xbox 360 to play it, but I didn't bitch about it.

Shenmue II was on the Dreamcast in Europe and Japan.

And that's different. There's a rather wide technological gap between the Dreamcast and the Xbox/PS2, same with the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360. It's not the same here and the PS3/Xbox 360 still have plenty of life in them. A sequel, if it were to come about, was pretty much expected on these consoles.

Also, just because people got the shit end of the stick in the past doesn't mean we can't complain over what's expected. Saying "kids these days, back in the day we had this happen every weekend!" doesn't make the situation any better.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shemue 2 was on Dreamcast as well and Soul Reaver 2 was on more than one pllatform.
Also Godfather 2 was a bit shit so you didn't miss out on anything.

I don't see much issue in this being exclusive to Wii U. I just see this a new game coming out on a new console, without Nintendo this wouldn't exist so you know...pretend it doesn't exist and move on with your lives. Red Dead Redemption never came to the PC despite the fact that Rockstar's previous and following titles did, meaning I would have to get either a PS3/360 just to play it and back then they were more expensive than the Wii U is. Sure there were other games on those consoles but I had those on PC and the exclusive ones weren't good enough for me to warrant buying the consoles it was on. Am I crying into my keyboard? Nope, why bother? I'll pretend it doesn't exist.

Personally I'm more than happy getting a Wii U, for me there are plenty of Wii U only games coming out between now and March that appeal to me (especially since seeing more of them, even Nintendo Land its looking good since more vids have been shown) this is a nice bonus and I'm sure the Wii U will certainly have better support than the Wii ever did, already has in its early days. Some people disagree...fuck 'em.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean, i agree that's not it ALL the time, but have you seen the hate tweets, posts, etc? At least half of them make a snide remark like "Bayonetta on a toddlers' console?" or "When are we gonna get Bayonetta on a REAL console?" There's really no denying that Nintendo hate is a large part of this, even if not in every individual case.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean, i agree that's not it ALL the time, but have you seen the hate tweets, posts, etc? At least half of them make a snide remark like "Bayonetta on a toddlers' console?" or "When are we gonna get Bayonetta on a REAL console?" There's really no denying that Nintendo hate is a large part of this, even if not in every individual case.

People are also massively retarded. I would just ignore them as much as any other "fringe" group on the internet (talking about video games here, not like actual e-Nazis). I meant more so in this thread.

Like we (those not thrilled with Wii U exclusivity) have no issue with the fact that it's Nintendo and we're glad the game exists, but ideally we would have wanted it on the same platform as the original game.

Reactions: 2 people

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shenmue II was on the Dreamcast in Europe and Japan.

And that's different. There's a rather wide technological gap between the Dreamcast and the Xbox/PS2, same with the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360....

Well imagine how cheated we felt in North America when we didn't get Shenmue II even though the same game was released on the same system in other countries !!! ( And I didn't have any other means to acquire it at the time ).
That was a justified reason to whine about !

And I fear your are dead wrong again, the DC wasn't that much behind the PS2 in terms of graphics and power, it did however have less memory and a weaker storage medium. Really , nowhere near a Wii/PS360 gap as you might think.

But I see your point and I respect your opinion.

D

Deleted_171835

And that's different. There's a rather wide technological gap between the Dreamcast and the Xbox/PS2, same with the Wii and PS3/Xbox 360. It's not the same here and the PS3/Xbox 360 still have plenty of life in them. A sequel, if it were to come about, was pretty much expected on these consoles.
Saying that the PS3/360 have plenty of life in them tells me you don't know what you're talking about. Those platforms have a year left at most.

Even so, this is published by Nintendo so why the hell would it even release on those consoles? Fact is, there is no way this would have come out on the PS3/360 and getting annoyed because of that is foolish.

And it's nice to judge the Wii U's power without any specs, isn't it?

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saying that the PS3/360 have plenty of life in them tells me you don't know what you're talking about. Those platforms have a year left at most.

Uh oh. You missed on that guess. Maybe be less insulting when you shoot down ideas, non ?
Hardware sales from early 2014.

global-hardware-sales-dec-2013-jan-2014-jpg.5966

And it's nice to judge the Wii U's power without any specs, isn't it?
Let's just say ... defending the Wii U specs in 2014 is difficult.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it's quite a coup. Exclusive 3rd party games is something Nintendo lacked with the Wii. Pretty sure I heard him say on Nintendo Direct that Nintendo themselves were publishing.

Nintendo direct provided some more info about B2.
It's available in 2014.

bayonetta2.in.2014.jpg

Thanks Iwata :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1