CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
if you havent seen this movie do yourself a favor and SEE IT!!! This movie is amazing a true masterpiece, and Heath played Joker Flawlessly the best performance i have ever seen. If you dont go and see this on the big Screen you will regret it.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm really interested in this movie.....I've heard all the best but, theres NO WAY it could beat Batman from 1989, directed by Tim Burton and with Jack Nicholson as Joker..No way it could best it..

However, I'm going to watch it..

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my bro is going to see it, but i was too scared
im probably gonna get nightmares from joker
(no, im not exaggerating. i get scared easily from movies
the last "scary movie" i watched was Jurassic Park. and thats not even classified as scary. i was scared and had nightmares of dinosaurs popping through my window for the next week >.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm really interested in this movie.....I've heard all the best but, theres NO WAY it could beat Batman from 1989, directed by Tim Burton and with Jack Nicholson as Joker..No way it could best it..

Boy are you in for a surprise. I'm a Jack fan normally, love his movies. But the Dark Knight makes the earlier films look like stupid crap. If I had owned the original film, chances are 100% I'd be throwing them away in favour of the new two.

I rarely like paying full price in a theatre for all but the best. But this film is so awesome that to watch it on a cam copy is really that absolute best way to rip yourself off.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Panzer Tacticer said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Boy are you in for a surprise. I'm a Jack fan normally, love his movies. But the Dark Knight makes the earlier films look like stupid crap. If I had owned the original film, chances are 100% I'd be throwing them away in favour of the new two.

I rarely like paying full price in a theatre for all but the best. But this film is so awesome that to watch it on a cam copy is really that absolute best way to rip yourself off.
Well, maybe..but the thing is..I really disliked Batman Begins....It's a bad movie in comparison with Burtons movies..
I like the atmosphere in his movies, and the new Batman is "macho" guy with really bad life story, at least for me..
I think I like this one better than Batman Begins, but Burton is untouchable, and I really think that. This Batman is perfect to me, Dark Knight could maybe come near it, but from the pictures I've seen so far, I don't like.....Joker is made like some dark guy with Crow-ish makeup, and Batman outfit is too "built up" (I can't find the word), but it's just TOO much something, earlier (the first two parts of Batman) outfits were simply but fucking great..His car is now some Hummer-a-like tank, and his first cars were so sleek..
I don't know, I don't like new Batman at all (at least Batman begins), but this Dark Knight might actually improve it in my eyes..I surely hope it will..
wink.gif

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Panzer Tacticer said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Well, maybe..but the thing is..I really disliked Batman Begins....It's a bad movie in comparison with Burtons movies..
I like the atmosphere in his movies, and the new Batman is "macho" guy with really bad life story, at least for me..
I think I like this one better than Batman Begins, but Burton is untouchable, and I really think that. This Batman is perfect to me, Dark Knight could maybe come near it, but from the pictures I've seen so far, I don't like.....Joker is made like some dark guy with Crow-ish makeup, and Batman outfit is too "built up" (I can't find the word), but it's just TOO much something, earlier (the first two parts of Batman) outfits were simply but fucking great..His car is now some Hummer-a-like tank, and his first cars were so sleek..
I don't know, I don't like new Batman at all (at least Batman begins), but this Dark Knight might actually improve it in my eyes..I surely hope it will..
wink.gif

The thing you have to remember is these movies are the origins of Batman. You think the uber sleek Batmobile started uber sleek? The Mustang would be nothing with the Model T. And I feel this is the first time the Joker actually looks like a freak instead of some idiot in makeup. Gotham's most epic super-villain wouldn't spend an hour in front of the mirror fixing his makeup.

Everything about these new Batman movies are less stream-lined as everybody (including the "Caped Crusader") has to start somewhere. I think all this Burton and Nicholson love is really just closed-mindedness. I love Burton and I think he is certainly one of the better directors of our time, but the Nolan movies are a huge step for the Batman series. I don't see how you can think his life story sucks, it is exactly the same as every other story except it gave a little insight as to what happened to him in between his parents' deaths and becoming Batman.

Also, these movies are not supposed to be Burton's Batman. And this Joker is certainly not supposed to be Nicholson. Nicholson approached Nolan about the part and was turned down. These movies are a completely different direction. Comparing the two is not fair to either.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plan to watch it as well. Tuesdays = half price. Hope it's gonna be awesome. I was never a Batman fan, but I never hated him either.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
underpressure116 said:
The thing you have to remember is these movies are the origins of Batman. You think the uber sleek Batmobile started uber sleek? The Mustang would be nothing with the Model T. And I feel this is the first time the Joker actually looks like a freak instead of some idiot in makeup. Gotham's most epic super-villain wouldn't spend an hour in front of the mirror fixing his makeup.

Everything about these new Batman movies are less stream-lined as everybody (including the "Caped Crusader") has to start somewhere. I think all this Burton and Nicholson love is really just closed-mindedness. I love Burton and I think he is certainly one of the better directors of our time, but the Nolan movies are a huge step for the Batman series. I don't see how you can think his life story sucks, it is exactly the same as every other story except it gave a little insight as to what happened to him in between his parents' deaths and becoming Batman.

Also, these movies are not supposed to be Burton's Batman. And this Joker is certainly not supposed to be Nicholson. Nicholson approached Nolan about the part and was turned down. These movies are a completely different direction. Comparing the two is not fair to either.
Well, I understand that this movies should "explain" what was going on, and how it all happened, but I like the previous explanations better (those flash-backs in first Batmans, when he ran and fall into the cave, now known as a Bat-cave, and stuff like that)..This "new" explanations never appealed to me..As I said it, I think it's too "macho" and Hollywoodish..
And I'm not sure if I got it right, but you said
QUOTEAnd I feel this is the first time the Joker actually looks like a freak instead of some idiot in makeup. Gotham's most epic super-villain wouldn't spend an hour in front of the mirror fixing his makeup.
If you're talking about first Batman, than you got it wrong..His face was like that for real, because bad plastic surgery doctor messed up, he had to wear make up to look human (when he wore no makeup he had white face and red lips)..His real face was Joker like..
I know this isn't supposed to be like Burtons movies..This is actually the whole new Batman, but it's not better (I'm saying from personal experience!)..

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Tim Burton movies were visualy more close to comics, but Tim Burton didn't really had a good grip on the characther philosophies and their ideals. Nolan does, yeah the Joker from The Dark Knight look nothing like the comics one (he wear make up, while in the comic he's chemicaly scared).

I liked Nolan's Joker 100x time more, only because he had a better grip of WHAT and WHO is the Joker, not what he looks like.
He's a wild demonic psycopath.
Not a funny mafioso, like Nicholson's Joker.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, to comment that, I'd have to watch Dark Knight first, but i can say what I think for now..From Batman Begins, I actually got the feeling it's the other way around..
With first Batmans (and here, I'm talking about first two parts), I've "connected" with the characters, I got their feelings and ways they act..and with Batman Begins, it doesn't feel at all..It seems to me like a hollywood spectacle and nothing more, while Burtons Batman had some artistic value..
Before it really felt like a Bat-Man, and now it feels like a thug in a Bat suite! (and a lousy one)..

Remember, I'm just stating my personal opinion, I'm not trying to insult anybody or start some flamewar..
nyanya.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, that's the main point that bugs me..The new ones look too artificial, like they try to be dark but it looks so fake to me, too forced up..The movie is actually too dark, but there's no atmosphere..

From the old ones, I get that nice feeling, like they are "comics" like you said, and that fits the frame of Batman perfectly..

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought the movie was epic and almost cried and this one part where Im not gonna say. Anyways, I can't wait for the third movie and hopefully it won't suck like most third comic books movies, ala Spiderman 3 and X-men 3... Spiderman 2 was one of my highest rated comic book movies now the Dark Knight is reign on top.

As for the conversation about Burton Batman and this new era, I say these Nolan movies are much better. Batman Returns was one of my favorite Batman movies but times have change. Burton Joker is nothing compare to what Nolan Joker is, he is much more sadistic. O Harvey Dent (Ackhart) is a great actor as well as Jim Gordand.

Also these new movies have a feel of realism than cartoon/comic.

superdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's should have ended when **** was in the hospital so the next movie could have **** as the villain... i just put starts there so it doesn't ruin it for people that still didn't see it

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well the Batman comics are really dark and gritty, well the fan favorite one. My personal favorite are dark, and delve into serious matter like the psycology of each characther.
The main basic about Batman is that he crazy, like his enemies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1