ROM Hack Batch Tool to Generate IPS Patches for PKMN Su/Mo

Sonansune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It actually does matter if SciresM's QR patch is in the batch (maybe others too?). I'll crash when scanning a QR unless the 1.2's code.bin is used.
i see.
qr patch seems had some bytes modification that only detect on code.bin v1.2. (previous version just happen to have some bytes same as the modified one)

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Zidapi and FRALU

Billy1006

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Where must i place this code.bin and the .IPS files?Because it says it cant create a process

Attachments

• 14952532121871245589237.jpg
    14952532121871245589237.jpg
    679 KB · Views: 243

GHUprising517

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you believe me if I said that using SciresM's QR Patch bricked my 3DS...?
Yup. With the patch enabled in Sun, I scanned a QR generated by PKHex for a Skitty, and as soon as it was able to read it, the screen went black, and the game crashed and generated a dump. I can't remember what kind of exception was it. But, now the 3DS will not boot to the Home Menu at all, with or without the SD Card. I can still press and hold START and SELECT for the options, but the Home Menu just won't load.
Any help with what might have gone wrong? All other patches worked fine. Funny how a QR code can kill a 3DS. I have the crash dump if needed. D:

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you believe me if I said that using SciresM's QR Patch bricked my 3DS...?
Yup. With the patch enabled in Sun, I scanned a QR generated by PKHex for a Skitty, and as soon as it was able to read it, the screen went black, and the game crashed and generated a dump. I can't remember what kind of exception was it. But, now the 3DS will not boot to the Home Menu at all, with or without the SD Card. I can still press and hold START and SELECT for the options, but the Home Menu just won't load.
Any help with what might have gone wrong? All other patches worked fine. Funny how a QR code can kill a 3DS. I have the crash dump if needed. D:

Did you remove the IPS patch? Did you update your Sun/Moon? Did you update Luma and Boot9Strap? This can't brick your whole console, something is wrong on your end.

Reactions: OblivionReign

GHUprising517

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you remove the IPS patch? Did you update your Sun/Moon? Did you update Luma and Boot9Strap? This can't brick your whole console, something is wrong on your end.

As it turns out, reading the thread helps a ton. I did have a the 1.1 version of the code.bin, and used that with the QR patch for 1.2, and that caused it to crash. As to why in the hell it wouldn't let my 3DS boot to the Home Screen anymore, who knows... because it was easily fixed by removing the cart I had in Slot-1. Pretty weird because that cart (an old R4iTT 3DS Purple) never gave me problems and it has been there for months. Thanks for the help anyways.

kiairii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be running into some issues which I probably already know the solution but what the heck forums away. I applied the patches put in the files but I seem to be having some issues non-alolan pokemon cannot be used in battle and whenever I go to download rules I get the error 004-6001.

silly_sybin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue after updating to the lastest Luma. I'm running Umbra Moon w/ an IPS patch genned with this tool. Patches: 100% Catch, 100x Exp, No Outlines, and SciresM QR. No outlines and the QR inject both still work, but my system crashes both when trying to catch a pokemon, and when a pokemon is about to gain experience. However, when I remove the Umbra romhack, no crashes. Am I doing something wrong? I'm confused b/c this only started happening after updating Luma...

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue after updating to the lastest Luma. I'm running Umbra Moon w/ an IPS patch genned with this tool. Patches: 100% Catch, 100x Exp, No Outlines, and SciresM QR. No outlines and the QR inject both still work, but my system crashes both when trying to catch a pokemon, and when a pokemon is about to gain experience. However, when I remove the Umbra romhack, no crashes. Am I doing something wrong? I'm confused b/c this only started happening after updating Luma...

I think that's a result of the patches, I had those issues on regular SM, specifically the catching part, it crashes. The SuMoCheatMenu seems to have fixed those issues, the EXP gaining and catching works well in those.

ZekPower01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When I try to run the Sumo IPS Helper.exe it gives me this error:
"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service" and then it just deletes itself. (Yes, I have the code.bin in the same dir.)
Halp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy