USUM IPS Patches

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Ericjwg, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Ericjwg
    OP

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    try change the exp multiplier byte to 00

tekwarfare likes this.
  2. tekwarfare

tekwarfare GBAtemp Regular

Mar 2, 2015
    Offsets 04 AND 05 as are highlighted in the image in the first post? I was looking at the wrong image
    Editing 00000010 offset 0B from 64 to 00 means I now gain 1 experience point per Pokemon. Not sure if there's any way to make it zero, but it's probably more than good enough for a no exp challenge run.
    Thanks for your help :)

Last edited by tekwarfare, Sep 11, 2018
  3. JustMe2700

JustMe2700 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2018
    United States
    I have had pretty good luck troubleshooting with these IPS patches. Gotten rid of most of the errors. The one that just won't go away is that I can't seem to use ShinyLockRemoval and ShinyChance (1,5,10,15... etc. any of em) together without it negating the edited shiny chance. Any ideas?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also, it could just be my crappy luck but shiny rates seem lower than they should as well.

4. searequiem

searequiem Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2018
    United States
    Hey, I cannot for the life of me get the no outlines patch to work. I'm on Luma 9.1 and enabled game patching and the code.ips file is inside /luma/titles/0040000001B5100/..
    I know it worked before but, I just recently booted up my 3ds again and it doesn't anymore.

5. Princess Emily

Princess Emily Smiles innocently...

Aug 19, 2015
    Can I request some cheats too?

BTW I'm using CTRPF to make cheats myself such as Enemy Pokemon's PP=0 (which I already know what the offsets are), but there are some things that are hard to find out such as secondary effects of moves will always happen, or enemy will always miss if accuracy is below 100%

Do you have like a source code of your .ips cheats so that I can see their code forms? Or is there a way to convert .ips & .plg codes to Action Replay ones?

I wanna know myself the offsets to things like status (poison, paralysis, burn, etc.), catch rate, critical hit chance, if the move will miss or not, etc.

6. Ericjwg
    OP

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    most ips came from cheat codes.
    ips is just just a patch files generated from binary comparsion, a binary container with offsets, length and those different bytes.

the feature u want require more than value search. most likely, u need to re the corresponding cro or code.bin to do the magic. also, ida debug should help u with this process.

and for cheat like this "enemy will always miss if accuracy is below 100%", u definitely need to know how to code in arm assembly, since u will have to put your custom codes into the code cave of the code.bin file.

Last edited by Ericjwg, Dec 5, 2018
  7. Princess Emily

Aug 19, 2015
    Umm what do you mean by "u need to re the corresponding cro or code.bin to do the magic" ?
    You meant read?

And what's ida debug? How or where to access it?

8. Ericjwg
    OP

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    reverse engineering.

if u are asking these question, which means u never heard of debugging, then just give it up. trust me... it's not entry level stuff.
    it sounds rude, but im saving u alot time from trying and get nothing.

Last edited by Ericjwg, Dec 5, 2018
  9. Princess Emily

Aug 19, 2015
    Haven't gone into advanced programming yet myself, so yeah I have to give up RE & debugging (temporarily) until I study programming.

Best bet I'll have is to use CTRPF to do Action Replay code editing.

BTW I did some searches on the opposing Pokemon's PP, and noticed that for each move's PP there are 4 offsets (30004FA6, 30004FAC, 3000BF8E, 3000BF94 for Move #1). Editing 4FA6 & BF8E does nothing apparently, but editing 4FAC to 0 will make the opposing Pokemon struggle on the 2nd turn onwards if Move #1 is its only move left (for some reason it can still execute the move in the first turn unless BF94 is set to 0). If BF94 is set to 0 but 4FAC is untouched, then "No PP is left for the move" will be displayed each turn but it won't Struggle.

Was wondering why 4FA6 & BF8E does nothing... are they like placeholders or something?

10. Ericjwg
    OP

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    there are differences between display value and the effective value. in this case, those 2 are display value.
    simplified example:

some function:
    a=X
    b=a
    function that does the pp amount check, and b never used here. thus changes in b wont affect anything.

notice here, changes in a will affect b, but b doesnt do anything other than store the value.

Last edited by Ericjwg, Dec 6, 2018
  11. Princess Emily

Aug 19, 2015
  12. Ericjwg
    OP

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    i doubt u are using the right code nor right offset
    d9cc in code.bin is an add instuction. u definitely replace the wrong thing with aabbccdd

13. Princess Emily

Aug 19, 2015
    Updated Reply: Turns out he gave me the Gen 6 one by mistake (XY & OR/AS).
    I hope you can make one for Gen 7.

Reason for this request is all about RNG abuse purposes tho.

Update 2: Turns out there's no Gen 7 ips patch for forced initial seed, only Gen 6.

Last edited by Princess Emily, Dec 7, 2018