Hacking Banners/icon templates for Wii VC

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to download the banner and it works fine, but the icon i cannot get to work because it only has an option for "save image as" rather than a direct download. could you possibly upload in a zip file?

I'm not the original poster, but here's another custom icon and banner I put together for you. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Sega Bass Fishing.zip
    722.7 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: CurlyFries27

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, there are a bunch of covers on gametdb.com! they are all custom made!

I could probably get an icon out of the custom cover art but don't know what to do about the banner, which has more of a rectangular orientation. Maybe you could load up the title screen in Dolphin set at 16:9 and take a screenshot? I do not have these games myself.

Dylan0724

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could probably get an icon out of the custom cover art but don't know what to do about the banner, which has more of a rectangular orientation. Maybe you could load up the title screen in Dolphin set at 16:9 and take a screenshot? I do not have these games myself.
oh i see what you mean now, ill figure that out! thanks

Cinnfhaelidh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Requests:

* Rogue Trooper

* Kirby's Epic Yarn (matching the eshop icon/banner)

* Wii Fit

Also, ones I've done:

* Donkey Kong: Jet Race

* Little King's Story

Attachments

• Donkey Kong Jet Race - Banner.png
    Donkey Kong Jet Race - Banner.png
    671 KB · Views: 133
  • Donkey Kong Jet Race - Icon.png
    Donkey Kong Jet Race - Icon.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Little King's Story - Banner.png
    Little King's Story - Banner.png
    770.3 KB · Views: 138
  • Little King's Story - Icon.png
    Little King's Story - Icon.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 133

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requests:

* Rogue Trooper

* Kirby's Epic Yarn (matching the eshop icon/banner)

* Wii Fit

Also, ones I've done:

* Donkey Kong: Jet Race

* Little King's Story

Re: Kirby's Epic Yarn: Where do you find the eshop icons and banners for reference? These no longer appear to be listed on Nintendo's website.

CurlyFries27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really appreciate everything everybody here does, I've been putting all my wii games onto my new wii u and I would not have been able to do so many of them if not for this thread here so thank you.
That being said, I was able to find about 90% of the art for my games in here, but there are still a couple I have in my library that I can't find art for, some had other people request a few years ago but never got made. Here is my short list and I would really really appreciate it if anybody could get whichever ones of these they can and post the icon and banner pictures here for me.

The games I still am in need of are: Alice in Wonderland, Arcade Zone, Escape from Bug Island, Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Bear Gryllis Man Vs Wild, Smurfs Dance Party, Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian, SimAnimals, Up, and finally, Wild Earth African Safari.

Again I really appreciate everybody who takes the time to make these, and would love it if anybody could make any of them for me :)

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to get the original files, but they can be seen in context in this video:

The U.S. release has a different opening banner than the EU version shown in this video. I used Wii Banner Player with the official opening.bnr to grab the assets for the USA release. They're attached.

If you prefer the EU release, I can make that version as well. I'd just need you to send me the .bnr file to work with. I just realized that banners are cached by USBLoaderGX in the apps folder on either the SD card or USB drive. And here I've been doing it the hard way! I'll use the official assets for future requests assuming I have a copy of the game.

Attachments

• Kirby's_Epic_Yarn_Official_Banner.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Last edited by kid sampson,

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some revisions based on the official .bnr files using Wii Banner Player.
  • Champion Jockey [SGKPC8]
  • No More Heroes [RNHE41]
  • Okami [ROWE08]

Attachments

• champion_jockey_official_bnr.zip
    578.4 KB · Views: 65
  • No_more_heroes_official_bnr.zip
    492.4 KB · Views: 91
  • okami_official_bnr.zip
    598.4 KB · Views: 42

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum