Hacking Banner/Icon Edit,Save Edit, Manual Edit VC Games

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Save icon in nes games is still in 1.app ... not easy to find...
wink.gif

xD

PD:Try to change 1.app from game A to 1.app in game B. Thats the proof.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
neonix said:
And there should always be an "emanual" folder inside the output folder you make. When repacking, always repack using the folder you output to (IE: emanual_arc_out)
It has to have emanual at the root from my experience.

Everything went well - except I get error when accessing it in the channel
frown.gif
'Can't find arc:/emanual/startup.html'
unsure.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
neonix said:
RadioShadow said:
Here is the file for 00000004.app. It should work on any VC WAD and only make the 'Wii Menu' and 'Reset' buttons display, in the centre of the screen too.
smile.gif
The 'Operation Menu' button has been disabled (how I don't know XD).

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/7120...000004-app.html
That's interesting, I may look into that. I guess the programmers/designers just have a file for normal games, and one for VC games, and swap them.
With this mod, you can simply remove the emanual altogether. Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

You can't remove the emanual from 00000005.app (well I had no luck) but you can just shove the empty emanual which will make the WAD a lot smaller. Then use the custom 00000004.app to disable the 'Operation Manual' button.

Each VC WAD will contain the 00000004.app file (I guess they will be identical) which contains the following two folders:

HomeButton2 - The graphics for the 'Reset' button and how it functions.

HomeButton3 - The graphics for the 'Operational Manual' button and how it functions.

All I did was copy the contents of the HomeButton2 folder and replaced them with the contents in the HomeButton3 folder. And then repacked the file. I was surprised that disabled the 'Operation Manual' button.
smile.gif

bobitos said:
QUOTE(RadioShadow @ Jun 22 2008, 07:29 PM)
Here is the file for 00000004.app. It should work on any VC WAD and only make the 'Wii Menu' and 'Reset' buttons display, in the centre of the screen too.
smile.gif
The 'Operation Menu' button has been disabled (how I don't know XD).

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/7120...000004-app.html
That'll work for any system? If so, awesome! I'll be using that from now on.

It works on the SNES and NES wads. It should work on the rest as all that app contains is the functions and graphics for the 'Reset' and 'Operational Manual' button when the 'Home' button is pressed.

Reactions: wiiandrewii

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow - Sounds good to me. I've just packed a new NES WAD with your 04.app and will post back results when I test it out. I also replaced the emanual.arc with emanual_empty.arc to save space.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neonix said:
And there should always be an "emanual" folder inside the output folder you make. When repacking, always repack using the folder you output to (IE: emanual_arc_out)
It has to have emanual at the root from my experience.
Unpack the one you made and see if you get OUTPUT/emanual/all the crap in here.. Or open it up in u8pack and see if you have the emanual folder in the root of the archive.

What I do is I have
/tools/emanual/emanual/stuff here
and /tools/darchD.exe

I run "darchd -c emanual.arc emanual"

QUOTE(RadioShadow @ Jun 22 2008, 06:27 PM) Each VC WAD will contain the 00000004.app file (I guess they will be identical) which contains the following two folders:

HomeButton2 - The graphics for the 'Reset' button and how it functions.

HomeButton3 - The graphics for the 'Operational Manual' button and how it functions.

All I did was copy the contents of the HomeButton2 folder and replaced them with the contents in the HomeButton3 folder. And then repacked the file. I was surprised that disabled the 'Operation Manual' button.
smile.gif
Seems to me what you did was place a duplicate Reset button on top of the other one. So it'll appear just fine, but there's actually two buttons overlapping. I guess it's a fix, but did you try simpyl deleting the HomeButton3 folder?

We could check the similar archive from a wiiware WAD, and see if the structure is the same and such. But I'm pretty sure it's not in 04.app in wiiware.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the new 000004.app and replaced emanual.arc with blank one and shaved 9-10 blocks off almost all of my VC i have installed, it worked for all NES, and SNES games i didnt test genesis and neogeo but i imagine it works, the 0004.app file iteslef works in all of them but the emanual.arc is in a diff place or somthing for n64, it was completely differeent than the others, but id like to delete the manual there too, anyone know where it is?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
neonix said:
Unpack the one you made and see if you get OUTPUT/emanual/all the crap in here.. Or open it up in u8pack and see if you have the emanual folder in the root of the archive.

What I do is I have
and /tools/darchD.exe

Yes! got it to work - I misunderstood about having the darchD.exe in the folder that emanual folder resides.

ie. I initially had it like
Code:
|Tools
|- 000100014c4f4c5a
|--- 00000005_app_out
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|____ darchD.exe
|------- emanual_arc_out
|--------------------- emanual
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|____ Files
So when I did the command it added the emanual_arc_out as root.

then tried this
CODE|Tools
|- 000100014c4f4c5a
|--- 00000005_app_out
|------- emanual_arc_out
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|____ emanual
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |____ Files

and it worked
smile.gif

You ran "darchd -c emanual.arc emanual"

This works too "darchd -c emanual emanual.arc"

My VC Game is now official looking
smile.gif

Very happy

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
It's repacking the file that is the problem. What I could do is put a bunch of fake files in and that might prevent the WAD from loading it.

What I want to know is how did the Wii Home Buttons move location? I think it might have something to do with the config file. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
neonix said:

What I do is I have
and /tools/darchD.exe

Yes! got it to work - I misunderstood about having the darchD.exe in the folder that emanual folder resides.

ie. I initially had it like
Code:
|Tools
|- 000100014c4f4c5a
|--- 00000005_app_out
|------- emanual_arc_out
|--------------------- emanual
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|____ Files
So when I did the command it added the emanual_arc_out as root.

then tried this
Code:
|Tools
|- 000100014c4f4c5a
|--- 00000005_app_out
|------- emanual_arc_out
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ|____ emanual
|ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ |____ Files

and it worked
smile.gif

You ran "darchd -c emanual.arc emanual"

This works too "darchd -c emanual emanual.arc"

My VC Game is now official looking
smile.gif

Very happy

I had it backwards, sorry, it's for extracting that it's a problem.

You have to extract like so:
Code:
darchd -x emanual emanual.arc
This wont work:
CODE
darchd -x emanual.arc emanual

Now, has anybody tried anything with the actual save files? I'm not sure if trying to mess with the bin file (the one when you copy to the SD card) is the right approach, but maybe dumping the save from the wii manually like dumping a wad would get an editable file.

@RadioShadow, I think the X,Y coordinates for the buttons are specified in a file in the HomeButton2/3 folder someplace. I'm too lazy to look into it now, but I'm sure it's something like that.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Now you mention the save file.
When you copy it to the SDRam (this is from a custom VC save), it's 4 blocks (Wii informs you that not all data could be copied).
But when you copy it back it's 1 block and the save still works.

Not sure why it does this
unsure.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
When you copy it to the SDRam (this is from a custom VC save), it's 4 blocks (Wii informs you that not all data could be copied).

unsure.gif

This is because it will not copy your "Suspend point" but your save game file is safe

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
Fission said:

unsure.gif

This is because it will not copy your "Suspend point" but your save game file is safe
Yea, the VC has a built-in state save feature that only works when you press the HOME button and go back to the Wii menu. It lets you pick up from that state next time you load the game.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
neonix said:
Skater4599 said:
Fission said:

unsure.gif

Yea, the VC has a built-in state save feature that only works when you press the HOME button and go back to the Wii menu. It lets you pick up from that state next time you load the game.

Oh OK
smile.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The only tpl's I can find in the 01.app is, '64_a.tpl' and _p1.tpl' possible relating to 'arc/timg/defcursor_final'.

as for the rest.

I found these
'/shared2/menu/vc/settings.sav'
'fffvchvc24.cpp' 'emanual.arc' 'savedata.bin' 'banner.bin' '/tmp/banner.bin' 'nocopy/savework.bin'

There is also an elf c:\vcmv\vcmvtest.bin\VcmvTestN.elf

Some random stuff

koro LNK MET MARIO 3.VCI NES /LZ77 /Huf8
nocopy OK

Not sure why Mario 3 is in there as I used Kirby's Adventure

Seems to be alot of source included at the end *.c *.h etc

Anyway I hope this information is useful...
unsure.gif

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the games from the system are referenced in a wad file. When I was changing the save text for my EarthBound wad, I found actual text for EarthBound, and DKC2 was released before it was even rated on the ESRB site. I saw a bunch of other unreleased game titles, so I'm pretty sure Nintendo has a framework to make releasing VC titles easier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex