Hacking Banner/Icon Edit,Save Edit, Manual Edit VC Games

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed that too editing the save name file.

I'm slightly puzzled why 01.app and 06.app is packed differently to the rest in NES wads.
Imagine if they pack them like this for all App files - we will have a problem.

As I don't think it's possible to unpack that without some serious work

unsure.gif

Palmtree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a hard time getting the sound to work. I did everything posted on (i think) page 5 and it still doesn't work. I used both the sound.bin file posted and new snes 0000000.app. Is there something I'm missing? Sorry for sounding like a noob :S

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried with the latest tools?

I'm not really sure what you've done - if you followed the instructions I posted, it should work

Could you possibly do a step guide of what you did?

I can do a quick guide for the 00.app

Will start from when you unpacked the wad.

Use u8extr.exe and navigate to 00.app.
Once successfully extracted
Launch u8packer and navigate to the banner.bin in the new folder the contents of the 00.app was extracted to
Check the 2nd option (u8 firmware with md5) and save the banner.bin (overwrite it)
Repeat the steps for the icon.bin
Now open up the 00.app and click on the banner.bin and click add file - locate the banner.bin you just saved and overwrite the one in the 00.app
Do the same for the icon.bin
If you downloaded the sound.bin from the first page of this thread you just overwrite the one in the 00.app
Now click on the 4th option (u8 with banner info and md5) - enter the name of the game and save (overwrite 00.app)
Then just repack the wad.

It should work....

Palmtree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Fission said:
Have you tried with the latest tools?

I'm not really sure what you've done - if you followed the instructions I posted, it should work

Could you possibly do a step guide of what you did?
I haven't tried the latest tools, I wasn't aware they were updated. I just have the old tools and the new app and sound files. I'll try the new tools and if it doesn't work I'll post the steps I used. Thanks for the help
smile.gif

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fission said:
The only tpl's I can find in the 01.app is, '64_a.tpl' and _p1.tpl' possible relating to 'arc/timg/defcursor_final'.

as for the rest.

I found these
'/shared2/menu/vc/settings.sav'
'fffvchvc24.cpp' 'emanual.arc' 'savedata.bin' 'banner.bin' '/tmp/banner.bin' 'nocopy/savework.bin'

There is also an elf c:\vcmv\vcmvtest.bin\VcmvTestN.elf

Some random stuff

koro LNK MET MARIO 3.VCI NES /LZ77 /Huf8
nocopy OK

Not sure why Mario 3 is in there as I used Kirby's Adventure

Seems to be alot of source included at the end *.c *.h etc

Anyway I hope this information is useful...
unsure.gif

Any metion of Duck Hunt or any of the lightgun games in there? I've got this feeling that lightgun support is already in the nes emulator but something has to be set to get it to work. I injected duckhunt into a smb wad a while back and while I obviously couldn't play it, the rom loaded just fine.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:
Fission said:
The only tpl's I can find in the 01.app is, '64_a.tpl' and _p1.tpl' possible relating to 'arc/timg/defcursor_final'.

as for the rest.

I found these
'fffvchvc24.cpp' 'emanual.arc' 'savedata.bin' 'banner.bin' '/tmp/banner.bin' 'nocopy/savework.bin'

Some random stuff

nocopy OK

unsure.gif

Any metion of Duck Hunt or any of the lightgun games in there? I've got this feeling that lightgun support is already in the nes emulator but something has to be set to get it to work. I injected duckhunt into a smb wad a while back and while I obviously couldn't play it, the rom loaded just fine.
You can put Duck Hunt in an NES with no controllers plugged in, turn it on, and it will run just fine.
The NES doesn't detect what controller is plugged into it like the Wii does.

cocoman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi everyone,
i asked my self if it would be possible to inject .fds files (famicom disc system [japanese equal to NES]) for example in smb2 lost levels, that would be awesome. i only want to now if it is possible, maybe with hex, but i didnt found out any possibility yet

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cocoman said:
hi everyone,
i asked my self if it would be possible to inject .fds files (famicom disc system [japanese equal to NES]) for example in smb2 lost levels, that would be awesome. i only want to now if it is possible, maybe with hex, but i didnt found out any possibility yet
Wouldn't it be the same format? Best way to find out is to try it!

And don't you mean SMB3?

cocoman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, i mean smb2 lost levels. because there an fds in it. nes injecting fails and i cannot find any same things in the original fds and in any .app files. may be som1 will figure out PLSSS

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea why this is happening?

DSC_0487.jpg

This seems to happen if the banner.brlyt in the banner.bin becomes bigger. All I did was edit the parts for the players information to fit 'Players: 1-4'.

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:

DSC_0487.jpg

This seems to happen if the banner.brlyt in the banner.bin becomes bigger. All I did was edit the parts for the players information to fit 'Players: 1-4'.

In case you try to modify kof94 from neogeo vc you will get the same result.

Use another banner game

This error appear without modify anythink. Just for decompress files and pack the same ones with out modification...

PD:I would like to apologyce for my english/grammar/spelling... xD

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neonix said:
HowardC said:
Fission said:

as for the rest.

I found these

Some random stuff

nocopy OK

unsure.gif

You can put Duck Hunt in an NES with no controllers plugged in, turn it on, and it will run just fine.
The NES doesn't detect what controller is plugged into it like the Wii does.

Seeing as how I still own a NES (gasp!) and actually play it on occasion (double gasp!) and have been very much into the emulation scene far before the wii was even though about (triple gasp!) I am well aware of this. I didn't mean to suggest that the fact that there is lightgun support in the VC just because duck hunt works, rather that duck hunt works, so we should make sure lightgun support isn't hidden in there somewhere as if it is, the lighgun games would load fine.

Now with that being said... is there any mention of duck hunt or any of the lightgun games in there? If there is, it suggests that I'm right and some sort of lightgun support is hidden away.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
sr_corsario said:
RadioShadow said:

In case you try to modify kof94 from neogeo vc you will get the same result.

Use another banner game

This error appear without modify anythink. Just for decompress files and pack the same ones with out modification...

Ever the tool is not creating the banner.bin file right or I'm doing something wrong.

Sperion, mind mentioning how you made the 00000000.apps? I'm trying to make a SNES banner which makes the 60Hz error appear from Mario's Super Picross but every time I repack the files, the images appear blurry.
frown.gif

I could try and use the Gradious Banner. *goes and tries*

myuuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just to make sure that I do everything right:

Which file-type do I must save my banner/icon? JPG? BMP? PNG?

Sperion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
myuuji said:
just to make sure that I do everything right:

Which file-type do I must save my banner/icon? JPG? BMP? PNG?

doest mather really, i personally use jpg. but i tried the other ones to and they worked perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso