Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
dddd1101861b64b981b8f750a55afa4d5af6c16c3c9114e5f8ffee5de58b5fd86g.jpg
What is B.L.I.N.D. for?
Ways to fix region bricks have been around for a long time. As long as you can boot up Any Region Changer and see the screen, you can fix it. But what if you can't see the screen to fix the setting? While most TV's in Europe support both PAL and NTSC output, very few North American TV's support PAL. That means if you changed the video region of your Wii from NTSC to PAL or MPAL, you will almost certainly get a No Signal screen when loading Any Region Changer.

Unlike other apps, B.L.I.N.D. doesn't care what setting you have. It will always force the display to NTSC, meaning almost every TV will be able to display it. You no longer have to blindly press buttons and hope you fix the settings. Without seeing what you are changing, you could easily make it worse.

What kind of bricks can B.L.I.N.D. fix?

• Theme Brick
  • Region Brick
  • Banner Brick
  • Full Brick (only if you have bootmii as boot2!)
  • Bad AV Encoder (only sometimes)
  • Korean Brick - 003 error
For more info, check out http://tinyurl.com/BLIND-Wii

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
How is this meant to fix a 003 brick?
It has the tools to fix it, you just need to launch it through the disc swap method. I need to add a lot more detail to the descriptions. I've been focusing on adding features, but now that I've released v2.0 I can start working on directions.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
If you can't see the screen how are you going to do the "disc swap method" ?
If it comes down to you having the 003 error AND the wrong video settings, I guess you would have to change the video output on the discs as well. However, having both is very unlikely. I originally created this just for people who screwed with ARC settings and didn't know what they were doing.

In short, the list of bricks it can fix require that you have some method of launching it first.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
hvckz said:
JoostinOnline said:
hvckz said:
what does B.L.I.N.D. means?
Take a look at the banner.
wink.gif

oh sorry i didn't notice it...
by the way it's cool....

need to test it with my Eoo3
It took me awhile to come up with an acronym that went well with the app. You use B.L.I.N.D. when you can't see the screen.
smile.gif

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
Did some searching and found this ealier; what's the password for the rar files?
My apologies, It was another thread I was looking at (that you made about Priiloader) when searching for B.L.I.N.D after it was mentioned in the forums. I just forgot about it, sorry.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
kylster said:
kylster said:
Did some searching and found this ealier; what's the password for the rar files?
My apologies, It was another thread I was looking at (that you made about Priiloader) when searching for B.L.I.N.D after it was mentioned in the forums. I just forgot about it, sorry.
In time, I think I will be able to forgive you.
wink.gif

Btw, I'm open to suggestions on features to add. If anybody has a (reasonable) suggestion that might benefit toward brick recovery, feel free to let me know.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
JoostinOnline said:
wink.gif

Btw, I'm open to suggestions on features to add. If anybody has a (reasonable) suggestion that might benefit toward brick recovery, feel free to let me know.
I haven't a chance to play with BLIND yet (u know what they say, if you play with it too much you'll go BLIND, lol), but I'm pretty sure what I'm about to suggest isn't one of it's current features...

... u could add some code from dop-mii to update the version of boot2 to v4. That way people with a vulnerable boot1 but without a wifi connection will be able to update their boot2 to v4 then reinstall bootmii@boot2 to ensure it will remain intact in the event of an accidental ninty update. If you decide to do this, make sure to warn ppl big time that they need to reinstall bootmii @ boot2 afterwards.

Good job on this mate... u did such a good job that, in time, I think I will be able to forgive you for having an ego the size of America itself
wink.gif

jks

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Creating scripts or .bat that can easily create recovery ISO's, like the ones needed for 003 and make it available as being ones for discs and ones for using wode.

... or on second thought, I will just mention this to xflak. He's more of the man for the job.
biggrin.gif
j/k

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
JoostinOnline said:
wink.gif

I haven't a chance to play with BLIND yet (u know what they say, if you play with it too much you'll go BLIND, lol), but I'm pretty sure what I'm about to suggest isn't one of it's current features...

... u could add some code from dop-mii to update the version of boot2 to v4. That way people with a vulnerable boot1 but without a wifi connection will be able to update their boot2 to v4 then reinstall bootmii@boot2 to ensure it will remain intact in the event of an accidental ninty update. If you decide to do this, make sure to warn ppl big time that they need to reinstall bootmii @ boot2 afterwards.
Maybe. It's not really related to brick RECOVERY, so that isn't a high priority. Besides, I wouldn't be able to test if it works since my Wii already has v4 on it.

DeadlyFoez said:
QUOTE(JoostinOnline @ Sep 28 2011, 01:37 PM)
Creating scripts or .bat that can easily create recovery ISO's, like the ones needed for 003 and make it available as being ones for discs and ones for using wode.

... or on second thought, I will just mention this to xflak. He's more of the man for the job.
biggrin.gif
j/k
I already made discs for each version, including a Korean one. Whatever your game region is set to (the other settings don't matter), that is the one you pick.

P

peng

System version: 00000001-000000f9 = IOS 0xf9 = IOS 249
Partitions: 2 [encrypted, fake signed]

can not work in 003 brick

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
peng said:
System version: 00000001-000000f9 = IOS 0xf9 = IOS 249
Partitions: 2 [encrypted, fake signed]

can not work in 003 brick
What is that supposed to be? You can launch it through the disc swap method. BLIND isn't just a recovery disc. You could also launch the dol from Priiloader if you can access it. That wouldn't be possible if you got the error from updating, but sometimes people update to 4.2+ with a patched SM IOS, then morons tell them to install an official version, so Priiloader would not be removed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-