Hardware My precious wii became a brick...

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello! I am a Korean wii user. Not long ago, I used any region changer, and my wii became a brick... It didn't become a brick even if I used any region changer before, but after changing it to Korean again, I think it's because I didn't use Korean kii and I used any region changer again... My wii's status is like in the picture (Source:https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-have-a-bricked-wii-is-this-unbrickable.570334/ ) I have a lot of Memories in this wii, so I don't want to buy a new wii. You are my hope. I want you to tell me how to release the bricks...TT

Attachments

• ybXXUFm.jpg
    ybXXUFm.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 66

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you had BootMii and PriiLoader installed + a NAND Backup, just restore your NAND via BootMii.
PriiLoader is used to launch the Homebrew Channel in these cases.

If you don't have any, the only solution you can do is to download a full Wii-Korean System Menu with NUS-Downloader and install it with ModMii I think? :unsure:
Assuming you can get to PriiLoader to access Homebrew Channel that is.

If you skipped installing PriiLoader, theres nothing you can do... unless someone corrects me on that.

Reactions: impeeza

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I installed a preiloder, and I have restored the brick so far, but the preiloder does not work now...

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed a preiloder, and I have restored the brick so far, but the preiloder does not work now...
Reinstall Priiloader.
Go to Wii.guide and follow the guide to reinstall Homebrew Channel. Don't worry, it won't happen anything if you "reinstall it", you just need to in order to get to the option to reinstall PriiLoader.

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I saw the installation instructions, but with my Wii and what I have now, I can't install the homebrew...

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I think there's something wrong. (Translator) My wii is a brick...
You said:
I installed a preiloder
Which means you can access Homebrew Channel via PriiLoader.
But then you said:
I saw the installation instructions, but with my Wii and what I have now, I can't install the homebrew...
If you DID HAD INSTALLED PRIILOADER, use it to access the Homebrew Channel and reinstall your System Menu from scratch.
Download the System Menu with Nus-Downloader and install it with Mod-Mii.

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Let summarize. My Wii is still a brick, and homebrew and priiloder are not available. And the screen is ruined. Other than that, it looks normal
I think there was a problem with the translator... I'm sorry, TT

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My Wii is still a brick, and homebrew and priiloder are not available.
Yhen you can't do nothing like I said:
The only solution you can do is to download a full Wii-Korean System Menu with NUS-Downloader and install it with ModMii.
Assuming you can get to PriiLoader to access Homebrew Channel.
Without PriiLoader available, there's really not much you can do to fix this problem.

Might be wrong about this, but I don't know any other way to fix a brick without accessing PriiLoader.

You say you don't have PriiLoader, so, no way to fix this.

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-have-a-bricked-wii-is-this-unbrickable.570334/

I have a lot of Memories in this wii, so I don't want to buy a new wii. You are my hope. I want you to tell me how to release the bricks...TT
Have you read and follow the other user thread you linked?
He solved his wii using a korean physical game (mario galaxy 2) to restore the sysmenu but his wii had installed bootmi and can access recovery mod.
Try to do what he did because the problem is similar in similar circumstances.

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Currently, I only have the original GameCube controller, so I will buy another controller. I'll do as you say!

nscf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Update: Hello everyone! I bought a GameCube controller that can press D-pad at once, and I tried recovery mod, but recovery mod didn't even work... Now, I've got a few things.
1. I think wii is full-brick. (Recovery mod cannot be executed)
2.I can insert or eject disks.
All buttons operate except for the 3.reset button.
Since I have SSBB (KOR, USA), I think I can install my own work with this, but if I buy a mod chip here, can I remove my brick? It takes a lot of money to use this in Korea, but if I can remove the bricks of my Wii with this, I will purchase this(https://www.ebay.com/itm/2655713711...PXr7VF8jSTWMiJxNILP1L5TzA=|tkp:Bk9SR9LUlpjtYA) I to thank everyone who helps me!

Cryoraptor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's been a while since I've dabbled in Wii Homebrew, but to my memory, what you're describing is some variation of the 003 error brick, perhaps the reverse scenario. This brick is one of the hardest to repair without Bootmii/Boot2 or Priiloader and a NAND backup. Go to the link to see suggested fixes from Wiibrew, aside from what has already been ruled out.

If you do manage to fix your Wii or end up getting a replacement, don't mess with system menus, wads or anything else that can brick your Wii unless you know what you're doing. This sort of thing requires background knowledge and what I would call internet street smarts, otherwise you will end up bricking your console.

Reactions: PabbaShabba

TheWiiGod20

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I made an account to say this, But Is it weird how there was another post with a korean wii, priiloader uninstalled after something, and you used the same exact image from that, From what I can tell you are a liar, I advise everybody not to reply to this post.

Cryoraptor

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made an account to say this, But Is it weird how there was another post with a korean wii, priiloader uninstalled after something, and you used the same exact image from that, From what I can tell you are a liar, I advise everybody not to reply to this post.
Congratulations on necroing a four month old thread just to call OP a liar with no evidence, and telling people to stop replying to a threat that they stopped replying to months ago. Trolls see trolls everywhere, go away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1