XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
peng said:
System version: 00000001-000000f9 = IOS 0xf9 = IOS 249
Partitions: 2 [encrypted, fake signed]

can not work in 003 brick
What is that supposed to be? You can launch it through the disc swap method. BLIND isn't just a recovery disc. You could also launch the dol from Priiloader if you can access it. That wouldn't be possible if you got the error from updating, but sometimes people update to 4.2+ with a patched SM IOS, then morons tell them to install an official version, so Priiloader would not be removed.
You can not load any fakesigned disc from RM on 003 wiis without a trucha patched ios. The only way you can load a recovery disc from RM is if the system ios is patched, or an ios the is running an official disc is patched. If system ios is patched you can simply load it from RM. If you have a game ios with patches you can disc swap and load it with that ios. Also, any wii that has received an update will not have a functional ios249, this would be stubbed. You can not fix error 003 with BLIND, unless the wii had darkcorp/cioscorp installed, or a version maxed patched ios running a game. This is only refering to the autoboot disc. You can load BLIND via smash stack and discswap.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
JoostinOnline said:
peng said:
System version: 00000001-000000f9 = IOS 0xf9 = IOS 249
Partitions: 2 [encrypted, fake signed]

can not work in 003 brick
What is that supposed to be? You can launch it through the disc swap method. BLIND isn't just a recovery disc. You could also launch the dol from Priiloader if you can access it. That wouldn't be possible if you got the error from updating, but sometimes people update to 4.2+ with a patched SM IOS, then morons tell them to install an official version, so Priiloader would not be removed.
You can not load any fakesigned disc from RM on 003 wiis without a trucha patched ios. The only way you can load a recovery disc from RM is if the system ios is patched, or an ios the is running an official disc is patched. If system ios is patched you can simply load it from RM. If you have a game ios with patches you can disc swap and load it with that ios. Also, any wii that has received an update will not have a functional ios249, this would be stubbed. You can not fix error 003 with BLIND, unless the wii had darkcorp/cioscorp installed, or a version maxed patched ios running a game. This is only refering to the autoboot disc. You can load BLIND via smash stack and discswap.
That is my point, although in more detail. The autoboot disc is only one method of launching BLIND.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have some question, if I change Wii DVD drive with some Darkcorp softmoded drive, or some drive with modchip, can I fix some full brick Wii which hasn't BootMii?

Or do I still need to use Infectus or progskeet?

Please let me know about it.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
Hi,

I have some question, if I change Wii DVD drive with some Darkcorp softmoded drive, or some drive with modchip, can I fix some full brick Wii which hasn't BootMii?

Sorry, but you can't launch the autoboot disc without the System Menu, and Priiloader (another method of launching it) is part of the System Menu. Bootmii as boot2 is the only other way you could load BLIND with a full brick. If you have a NAND backup, you can send the Wii and backup to somebody who knows how to use an infectus and they will restore your NAND. I believe the average cost is $50.

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
JoostinOnline said:
Jabe said:
Hi,

Sorry, but you can't launch the autoboot disc without the System Menu, and Priiloader (another method of launching it) is part of the System Menu. Bootmii as boot2 is the only other way you could load BLIND with a full brick. If you have a NAND backup, you can send the Wii and backup to somebody who knows how to use an infectus and they will restore your NAND. I believe the average cost is $50.

Thanks for this fast answer, I'm using Infectus (and know how to use it) and may switch to progskeet soon.

I just wanted to know if there were any easier way.

But I'm gonna use your software anyway for other bricks.

Thanks a lot for your work.

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Jabe said:
Thanks for this fast answer, I'm using Infectus (and know how to use it) and may switch to progskeet soon.

I just wanted to know if there were any easier way.

But I'm gonna use your software anyway for other bricks.

Thanks a lot for your work.
Thanks, I hope you find it useful.
smile.gif

northstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
In need some help ... i dont kno much about these things but this is what happenned to me ....

I softmod my wii it's ver 4.3u and bootmii was installed as ios i was playing games tru the usb loader gx but one game didnt want to load it was showing a black screen so i turned it off and tried again i start my wii back up and went into usb loader gx and this time before i launch the game i went into options and change the first option which is game loader i think and put it on force ntsc and exited and tried the game again but same black screen ..... but this time when i locked it off and back on it said no display on screen although the wii green power light is on * what can i do to fix this * in detalis please and thanks in advance .......its a newer black wii so dont think it would read disc but i could be wrong help please !!!!

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Your TV doesn't support whatever video output type you set it to. You most likely set it to PAL by accident, although it could be a bug if you set it to NTSC. It should be temporary though. Hold the POWER button (on your Wii) down for about 4 seconds to do a hard shutdown and turn it back on. If that doesn't fix it, we'll go from there using Priiloader (which you almost certainly have).

northstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your TV doesn't support whatever video output type you set it to. You most likely set it to PAL by accident, although it could be a bug if you set it to NTSC. It should be temporary though. Hold the POWER button (on your Wii) down for about 4 seconds to do a hard shutdown and turn it back on. If that doesn't fix it, we'll go from there using Priiloader (which you almost certainly have).

i dont think i changed any thing really but i set it to force ntsc in usb loader when i click on a game to play it i choose option and then did that ... how ever i dont kno if i have preloader i kno when doing the soft mod i went in to it and blocked the online and disc updates ....

i tried going into it by turning on the wii and holding reset right after but tv jus stays saying no signal

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
These are the possibilities that I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Your AV encoder is damaged
  • Your AV cables are damaged (this is the cheapest and easiest to fix)
  • You used WiiMod or AnyRegion Changer to change the default video output
  • Your TV is messed up
What kind (composite or component) and what brand are the AV cables you are using? Is there another TV you can try?

northstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Your TV is messed up
What kind (composite or component) and what brand are the AV cables you are using? Is there another TV you can try?

im using a 60 " lg tv .. i dont think the cable is messed up because i tried using another cable and it did the same thing no signal ,... it may be so but im sure i was in usb loader and just change gameload option in there to force ntsc

northstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  • Your TV is messed up

im using a 60 " lg tv .. i dont think the cable is messed up because i tried using another cable and it did the same thing no signal ,... it may be so but im sure i was in usb loader and just change gameload option in there to force ntsc

JoostinOnline

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
im using a 60 " lg tv .. i dont think the cable is messed up because i tried using another cable and it did the same thing no signal ,...
I need to know what kind of cables (type and brand) you have, not the TV.
it may be so but im sure i was in usb loader and just change gameload option in there to force ntsc
Changing the setting wouldn't have any permanent affect on your Wii.
Also if its any help the wii remote dont connect
Hmm. To clarify, are the noises you hear the music that the System Menu plays?

It's 1AM, so I'm going to bed. I'll continue tomorrow when I've gotten some sleep.

northstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need to know what kind of cables (type and brand) you have, not the TV.
Changing the setting wouldn't have any permanent affect on your Wii.
Hmm. To clarify, are the noises you hear the music that the System Menu plays?

It's 1AM, so I'm going to bed. I'll continue tomorrow when I've gotten some sleep.

ok.... its the cables that came with the wii when bought from the store ... and the sound is not the wii menu... just the normal noise as u hit power to start up a wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: