Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They do not care.

Also, they have no way of knowing who is supposed to have a legit copy, or not ... many people are supposed to have it already ... reviewers, reps, store workers ... seriously, no games company will ever care if you have a game early ... unless you make a video of yourself playing it, and post it on YouTube, whilst bragging about playing a pirate copy early, like that Halo 3 kid ... plus, it allows them to test load on the match-making server.

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basically, yeah ... Imagine if they shut all the Aussies down, for instance, for playing already, and then they got an avalanche of emails from games journalists, and whoever ... they'd get the nastiest press ever.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hehe,but yeah..nintendo must be like WTF..how the heck did those guys in aus/nz get the game sooo early
tongue.gif
..oh well..let them test out the online and see if our servers can handle international games against the japs hehe

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Games companies come to sites like this all the time.

To get ideas, more than anything.

Piracy is less of a problem for companies than most people think ... it pays for the companies to bitch and moan about piracy, cos then they can justify their prices.

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yeah,true true..
one of the best articles on this i read in recent years was from the KTH (royal institute of tech. in stockholm/sweden) about how filesharing actually increases the sales of record and media companies..basically those that fileshare the most (esp illegal materials) are those that buy the most original media and will likely encourage friends to buy it aswell.. can't remember exactly the title..but it made quite a big impact in swedish media..all the record companies tried to deny it etc..but the facts where pretty easy to see in the text
smile.gif

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I work in television, and I have talked to many actors & directors who credit filesharing with increasing their DVD sales.

I know one celeb in particular, who credits filesharing with helping to boost his career.

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Elo said:
hmm..i'll have to get my mkwii code and then i'll post it..ive played against a couple of you guys.. im elo over from NZ
smile.gif
..here to kick ure ass..well,atleast ive done it a coupla times
tongue.gif
..you should check some of the time trial leaderboards..loads and loads of aussies..and lonely me from nz..but check n64 mario raceway and sherbet land
wink.gif
..whoose the big boy eh
tongue.gif

Hey Elo

Im a NZer as well living in Sydney (im from the naki)!

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
I cannot add your code Lisa, it comes up as invalid for some reason, I have double checked it and am using the one listed at the top of this thread

Elisa_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
armand66 said:
Sorry man, the last day or so i been seeding back Mk Wii like crazy, getting my ratio up elsewhere while the going is good lol.

I played for a while yesterday in global, had some fricking horrific matches in 12 player (came 10th, 6th, 1st, 3rd, 2nd), had some more "fair" matches in 7-8 player (5th, 3rd, 1st), dominated some poor guy new to mario kart 1v1 (1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, nearly lapped him on SNES Mario Circuit 3 lol) , and then finished with two 10 player matches (8th, 1st).

Game runs beautiful online, but i totally believe the 12 player is actually shocking, there is just too much items from the get go that make the game unbalanced, (nothing like being hit by a lightning, then blue shell, then red shell, then invincible racer, then bullet, then the final few racers all in a freaaakin row lol).

4-8 player seems to be the go for the most balanced races from what i've come across so far. Of course, 1v1 presents an interesting way of racing, and seeing as how the first season of the league wil be working that way, will be interesting to see peoples strategies as it goes along, what vehicles they use etc.

Now, i gotta figure out how the hell to unlock

*Rosalina
*Funky Kong
*Toadette

And also still have to unlock

Dry Bowser (150cc, 1 star per cup, ouch)

Only got 2 more cups in Mirror Mode to complete all the cups in gold, will then begin working on stars for what needed for other characters, cars etc.
FLAWED
WTF. xD

Recap: My code is: 2105-8776-9626

EDIT: oops quoted wrong one

vertabray

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
ME :Vertabray ------- 3093-7164-4902

Added and has added me

Armada ----------------- 0860-3332-8140 (Armand66)
Da Silva ---------------- 1891-1254-7241 (boxhunter91)
Chaazziiee ------------- 4210-4089-8748
Jerome ----------------- 3866-8103-6790 (Cor7ez)

Added but hasnt added me

Piepants ---------------- 2535-3705-2972
tredes ------------------ 0774-4341-1245
OzModChips ----------- 5112-3520-9319

Just added now, so add me!

BFG --------------------- 4811-7105-4416 (AlexN85)
iPanic-------------------- 2105-8776-9626 (Lisa_)
MADKATZ99 ------------ 5455-9503-9686
Big Chop ---------------- 3437-3176-3759
Namste ------------------ 4253-3595-8568
Connormmii ------------- 1075-0854-3101

Waiting on FC

Ronnieboy --------------- 0000-0000-0000
Elo ------------------------ 0000-0000-0000

And YAY! I just unlocked Mii!!!

A

armand66

OP
Gratz on the Mii Outfit A unlock man, now just gotta unlock outfit B hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald