Hacking ATTN: Anyone having troubles with USB loader v1.0

m00k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my only trouble is that my usb hard drive messes up my screen if im using component video, but is fine under s-video, im sure its not the loader. Can any one explain??

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
maglat said:
nintendolinky said:
Im on 4.0E hard modded with a wiikey v1, i also had all cioscorp installed, preloader etc etc, before i used waninkoko 4.0 upgrader. Im using a buffalo external 500gb drive and im having an issue with animal crossing, the date is wrong.

Was the animal crossing you dumped to hdd a backup or a original dvd?
I also have a hard modded wii and i only can dump original dvds and no backup dvds.
My chip is a cyclowiz with firmware 3.6.

I wonder if other hard modded user has the same problem like me
It was a backup, all the games i post on here will be backups, just to avoid confusion.
smile.gif
Do you have all the required bits for this to work. Not sure why it wont let you copy backups.

Darkzero51521

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To the people with softmodded Wiis that cannot rip backed up disks, just reburn it. I had the issue with Link's Target Training and Pikmin, but after reburn and verification it worked fine. @_@

To the people with hardmodded Wiis, I honestly have no idea..it seems to be a common issue.

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magic12 said:
im having a wrong date like 1.1.2000. with animal crossing
rolleyes.gif

Yes I have found the date is incorrect on many games (Animal Crossing and Wii sports for example) , even though the Wii console date is correct.

Simple fix I would expect , will hopefully be fixed in the next release - otherwise everything works great for me..

great Job!

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, this is just completaly random...

FTPii doesn't work with my LAN Adapter, it doesn't even start the adapter, but if I press any button on the Wiimote, code dump.

However, if I use wireless connection, it works! .___.

This happened after I installed cIOS rev 9, but I don't think that'd be the problem, because the lan adapter still works on Opera, HBC, etc. Any ideas? x_x

mrcartman91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1)
I have installed cios rev9 and usbcios. Then completely removed IOS249 and reinstalled cios rev9. and this is what I am getting. Anyone have any ideas?

elitegateguard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I had to do to get my loader to work shut the wii off plug in the hard drive turn wii on try agine worked for me thank god let the dumping begin ffcceot 20 mins also confirmed patched iso for original softloader (wiigator) DO NOT rip must be unpatched

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
I dumped my Retail Brawl using USB Loader, Went to play it and the game froze in one of the same places I would normal have gotten a disc read error. Will try to put an ISO directly onto my HDD.

Also, if you load a game via the USB Loader, hit home and hit reset....my Wii Froze on black screen. Dunno if its just me or not.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
teddystacker said:
magic12 said:
im having a wrong date like 1.1.2000. with animal crossing
rolleyes.gif

Yes I have found the date is incorrect on many games (Animal Crossing and Wii sports for example) , even though the Wii console date is correct.

Simple fix I would expect , will hopefully be fixed in the next release - otherwise everything works great for me..

great Job!
That used to happen in Gecko OS when launched through HBC, and was fixed easily. Probably the same bug
smile.gif

Viro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a WD My Book 650gb, I am able to partition it. after I partition it, I try to install the games and something weird goes wrong:
-it'll open up the game and will attempt to install it. 2 seconds later, it tells me to push any button to continue. I assumed this was to let me install it, but instead it brings me back to the main screen.

I figured this would be alil headache as it is a first release but I'm confident this'll improve with time. I hope he programs it to have better compatibility with HDDs and maybe be able to drag and drop already made backups. heh

I'm using:
NTSC Wii FW 4.0(with wanin's updater)
Original Wiikey 1.9g
rev9 installed

Attempted:
Seagate 1TB with PSU and USB connector
using this as a PC storage (gave me the USB subsystem -1 error)

Western Digital My Book 650GB with PSU and USB connector
quick formatted to NTFC, partitioned in USB Loader, sees the games but stops installing games after 2 seconds.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a white screen after SSBB finishes loading, I used a backup disc to install it.

I tried erasing it and reinstalling and same thing.

Edit: As it turns out, I'm having a lot of disc read errors trying to play it from the disc, maybe it's just not ripping correctly.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything installed and working with my Western Digital My Book 750GB HDD. My problem is playing some games.

I had a backup disc of de Blob that was PAL and changed to NTSC with RegionFrii. I loaded it into USB Loader and it installed it fine. When I go to play de Blob from the Loader, it's black and white, as if it were PAL still... It plays fine through the disc channel though. Is there any way to play it with color, or am I going to have to actually dump the NTSC game myself now?

My Wii is NTSC on 3.2U. I have a WiiKey 1.9g and Preloader v0.27 with Region Free Wii Games enabled. Thanks for any help.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I just want to mention somewhere, for people having trouble with Metroid Prime 3 I've something they can try. When I first tried it, I thought it didn't work, but I found out that it apparently needs a disc in the drive to boot. This can be any disc (at least retail discs seem to work)...it doesn't use the disc for loading the game at all but apparently check to see if a physical disc of some kind is in the drive. It's a bit weird. Might be something people want to try if they get strange errors.

Fellipepb07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The loader doesnt recognize any of my pirate games, it says:

"Not a wii game."

The only one that I succesfuly bumped was Wii sports, because it is an original game.

I have a d2ckey modchip, is there any relation?

OneUp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an older USB HD (IDE) and it goes to the menu, but displays no info on what is going on, and none of the buttons work. The power button works, but it returns a code dump...
FW: 4.0U/3.2U CIOS 9 and CIOS USB2 v2 installed.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will NTFS or Fat be added? If not, I will buy some memory of some sort. I have a nice 500GB WD HD but i cant add partitions for some reason no matter what.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works. It was the first game demoed by Wani and I just finished testing my dumped copy.

Also, I've discovered for games like Metroid Prime 3 that want the disc to be in the drive, it doesn't actually matter what game is in there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...