KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any games that are patched to use 249..........seem to not be working
frown.gif

tested Metroid 1 remake myself.........am about to test it patched back to IOS10

Viro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm that may be one thing that's preventing me. I'm using the patched 249(since I wanted to use Mplayer) and it just doesnt want to dump the games to the drive

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
western digital 640gb external hard drive: DOESN'T WORK. it will format the hard drive and detect it BUT when you tell it to install a game it never works. it says installing game than after 1 second shows the name of the game but it never shows up in the menu. i'm taking it back tomorrow and getting a usb stick.

the program also crashed 5 times on me when i pushed B button to go back.

fw 4.0 with rev9

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
I'm getting a white screen after SSBB finishes loading, I used a backup disc to install it.

I tried erasing it and reinstalling and same thing.

Edit: As it turns out, I'm having a lot of disc read errors trying to play it from the disc, maybe it's just not ripping correctly.

I used the Linux tool to copy the SSBB iso to the hard drive, and now everything is working properly. And for the person who asked how big SSBB is, it's 6.93 GB as reported by the Linux too (which correctly reports sizes of drives and isos, unlike the actual Wii program).

ghaxaq

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
I cannot backup my games since I get an Exception(DSI) occurred.

I have installed the CIOS rev9 successfuly and I have also formatted my HDD but when I try to install a game the dump code shows up.

Any ideas please? Thanks.

Darkstar87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The biggest problem seems to be that not all usb2 drives are compatible - my 400gb freecom isn't recognised, nor is my thumbdrive (corsair). However a 4gb memory stick duo from my psp connected through a crappy multi-card reader works sweet.

As people report compatibility this might clear up a little, i guess a lot of the errors aren't due to incorrect installation, rather errors with specific drives. my advice is to try everything that you can before giving up, as this is a seriously useful app when working
biggrin.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i tried using a 16gb kingston card through a card reader and that froze the app the menu to format didn't even appear.

Posts merged

Darkstar87 said:
The biggest problem seems to be that not all usb2 drives are compatible - my 400gb freecom isn't recognised, nor is my thumbdrive (corsair). However a 4gb memory stick duo from my psp connected through a crappy multi-card reader works sweet.

my advice is to try everything that you can before giving up, as this is a seriously useful app when working
biggrin.gif

or just pick a drive that is working in here [url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144351&st=30]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144351&st=30[/url]

Darkstar87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems people are having really different experiences - when i get a guaranteed working drive reported by a few people i'll pick one up. In the meantime i'll try borrowing drives cards etc off people (if they'll let me) and test them out.
btw, i've sucessfully ripped origionals (mario kart wii), 1:1 backups (smooth moves) and scrubbed backups (wing island) and booted them sucessfully. Both backups were brickblocked. I'm Pal 3.2e and sofrmodded (no chip).

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fellipepb07 said:
The loader doesnt recognize any of my pirate games, it says:

"Not a wii game."

The only one that I succesfuly bumped was Wii sports, because it is an original game.

I have a d2ckey modchip, is there any relation?

its not the chip its working fine with mine both backups and originals.
although i did remove the region jumper some time ago.

QUOTE(goku1980 @ Mar 31 2009, 05:11 AM) are all of u who got it working on 3.2?

no im on 4.0E

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok Here are my problems.
Once i insert my 160gb portable hard drive in wii and load the application i format all ok.
Once formatting has completed it gives me the wrong free space information.
I installed wii sports and played it no problem but the date is wrong even when the system info is correct.
I put ssbb brawl on the drive and the first time i loaded it i got error (ret = -2) but the second time it loads fine.
When i insert same drive in pc it asks to be formatted.
A few ideas would be to allow files to be renamed and for free space information to be correct.

Cheers

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
shanefromoz said:
Ok Here are my problems.
Once i insert my 160gb portable hard drive in wii and load the application i format all ok.
Once formatting has completed it gives me the wrong free space information.
I installed wii sports and played it no problem but the date is wrong even when the system info is correct.
I put ssbb brawl on the drive and the first time i loaded it i got error (ret = -2) but the second time it loads fine.
When i insert same drive in pc it asks to be formatted.
A few ideas would be to allow files to be renamed and for free space information to be correct.

Cheers

if you let the loader format the drive that you cannot use it on the pc. to do that you need to partition it 1st. the wrong space info is a bug ignore it.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrcartman91 said:
I am getting ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1)
I have installed cios rev9 and usbcios. Then completely removed IOS249 and reinstalled cios rev9. and this is what I am getting. Anyone have any ideas?
I get the same error message with my Lacie 750 gb drive. It works perfectly in GeeXboX.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Geometry Wars Galaxies loops at the warning screen for me. Not that big a deal because I have Geometry Wars 2 on my 360 and that's a better game anyway, but just letting people know.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rooskie54 said:
mrcartman91 said:
I am getting ERROR: Could not initialize USB subsystem! (ret = -1)
I have installed cios rev9 and usbcios. Then completely removed IOS249 and reinstalled cios rev9. and this is what I am getting. Anyone have any ideas?
I get the same error message with my Lacie 750 gb drive. It works perfectly in GeeXboX.

im also getting that error message too... i guess i should verify my USB 2.0 is even working by using the test.avi first. if that doesnt fix it, i give up.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
All those with USB device issues, just in case, try removing all GC memory cards, controllers, and anything plugged into the other USB port aswell.

When I have 2 things plugged into the USB slots, my drive fails.

Also, freezes on dumping seem to be due to read problems. Try cleaning your disks with a cloth! All the games that froze for me the first time have now dumped successfully!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded