Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you are talking about, I do not have 5.0.1 and as far as I know that only works for 5.X.X.

So yea, for me LayeredFS doesn't even exists xD

5.1.0 and 4.1.0. Probably, depends what you want to do with it. Search this site for it through Google with your firmware and see what you can find.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...t-games-work-dont.507510/page-33#post-8059873
OK kernel-patched.bin 4.1.0 works now, perfect! (more work porting it to lower fw... ^^)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-layeredfs.507653/page-3

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HEKATE (Hecate) was the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts and necromancy

Hum ... I guess it's what @Red1Reaper meant

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK, if thats how you see it lol!!! It doesnt change the fact that the dev of hekate is a crying baby

But may you give some explaination, It would be awsome if a baby is able to hack a Nintendo Switch, don't you think ?

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes a baby is able to hack a Nintendo Switch is called naehrwert
Ok so I guess that you are refering to the fact that ppl. don't like having their open source codes used by others just to make money and crack games ?

Actually their is some bad partices arround but when you do something open source you know that ppl might use it like they want and it's sure that sometimes you may regret because things gone wild and it wasn't your purpose BUT ! you should always be aware that's the game, you do things for fun there will always be someone to use it to cheat, steal or anything, many times the security is improved by the fact of sharing our source codes so anyways it doens't matter if someone somewhere had a bad usage of our work

Reactions: Draxzelex

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Ok so I guess that you are refering to the fact that ppl. don't like having their open source codes used by others just to make money and crack games ?

Actually their is some bad partices arround but when you do something open source you know that ppl might use it like they want and it's sure that sometimes you may regret because things gone wild and it wasn't your purpose BUT ! you should always be aware that's the game, you do things for fun there will always be someone to use it to cheat, steal or anything, many times the security is improved by the fact of sharing our source codes so anyways it doens't matter if someone somewhere had a bad usage of our work

When did that happen with Hekate? Am i missing something?

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Reactions: Maximilious

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did that happen with Hekate? Am i missing something?
When LBL (LayeredFS Backup Launching) was released, people incorrectly titled their threads "Hekate booting backups". First, this is factually incorrect as Hekate does not allow backups by itself because it is merely the bootloader or payload.bin that loads the CFW that ends up enabling backup launching. In this case, it would be more accurate to say that Atmosphere is the one booting backups. Secondly, some hackers do not want their names associated with piracy potentially due to losing respect from fellow hackers or potential employment opportunities. So as a safety precaution, he made all of his work closed-source. He did not remove any of his work, contrary to popular opinion. He is still very much involved in the Switch scene, but all of his work will be conducted behind closed doors.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
When LBL (LayeredFS Backup Launching) was released, people incorrectly titled their threads "Hekate booting backups". First, this is factually incorrect as Hekate does not allow backups by itself because it is merely the bootloader or payload.bin that loads the CFW that ends up enabling backup launching. In this case, it would be more accurate to say that Atmosphere is the one booting backups. Secondly, some hackers do not want their names associated with piracy potentially due to losing respect from fellow hackers or potential employment opportunities. So as a safety precaution, he made all of his work closed-source. He did not remove any of his work, contrary to popular opinion. He is still very much involved in the Switch scene, but all of his work will be conducted behind closed doors.

I hear this a lot, but i dont see how a dev wont know what his tool is capable of doing. Im not trying to start a debate about his decision and whether is hypocritical or not, but why would he say that people used hekate for piracy if hekate cant do it? Maybe Hekate is involved? I dont know.

Still, what i quoted was about his tool being used to make money. I dont think thats true.

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I mean, i know about that. He is saying that people used Hekate for that new backup method, but that have nothing to do with people using Hekate for making money.

https://twitter.com/Cypherous/status/1008898059575726081

For short TX are bads guys who are "stealing" work of others just to make their own private tool to run games backups and thus make money with that

Personally I can't judge cause I made money with hacks, it was not with an open source work because it was mine but it's the same, TX made something user friendly as they used to and thus they are selling it, nobody told anyone to buy it or to not make their own CFW and afterall if it wasn't his source code that was used it would be another one, it's not because you are the first to discover something that no one else would be able to do the same.

In fact if you don't want your ideas beeing used by others just stop having ideas, you cannot patent an idea, just parts of a finale product

Last edited by Benoit934,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama

"For short TX are bads guys who are "stealing" work of others just to make their own private tool to run games backups and thus make money with that"

Personally I can't judge cause I made money with hacks, it was not with an open source work because it was mine but it's the same, TX made something user friendly as they used to and thus they are selling it, nobody told anyone to buy it or to not make their own CFW and afterall if it wasn't his source code that was used it would be another one, it's not because you are the first to discover something that no one else would be able to do the same.

In fact if you don't want your ideas beeing used by others just stop having ideas, you cannot patent an idea, just parts of a finale product

I would like to know in what way did TX stole hekate or use it for their own private tool. As far as i can see, what TX is doing is completely different from what Hekate is doing and i should say i have no connection nor sympathy for TX.

Again, im not gonna discuss the morality of this matter and his decision, but that is just not true.

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country

For short TX are bads guys who are "stealing" work of others just to make their own private tool to run games backups and thus make money with that

I think TX have a slightly better backup method than layerfs. Not to mention the most polished CFW and implementation of a hack they domoed first.

I should had the 'slighlty' is sarcastic, its leagues above

Last edited by Soluble,
Reactions: mmajunkie77

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
at the end, it was open source or not?

What? Hekate? It was, but some people added some stuff (Like CTCaer) so most people use that instead. Still, he was the creator, so he has the right to close it if he wants.

its obvious Sciresm didnt even think that layerfs was able of transplanting entire games

This is the "beauty" of open source software, isnt it? I think he knew what it could do to some extent.

Last edited by alexj9626,

Benoit934

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would like to know in what way did TX stole hekate or use it for their own private tool. As far as i can see, what TX is doing is completely different from what Hekate is doing and i should say i have no connection nor sympathy for TX.

Again, im not gonna discuss the morality of this matter and his decision, but that is just not true.
It's just ... you know people on internet are flying off the handle for no reasons, my point is there is no bad guys and there is no victims, they are just developpers trying to hack the Switch and sure if someone discover something it will be used by others, it's just normal we shoudln't even talk about this because it seems obvious.

If im not wrong you can actually "kinda" patent a idea on south korea
Yes that's wierd sometimes, but anyways china only recognize the patent they want to recognize :D

Reactions: Red1Reaper

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.