Hacking Atmosphere-NX - Custom Firmware in development by SciresM

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add onto this, outside of entrypoint confusion, certain features don't work on all features when they are implemented through Hekate. For example, sleep mode. It is still not fully supported on 3.X firmwares. Another is LayeredFS. The reasoning being people keep pulling Atmosphere's WIP code, compile it for the scene, then those that cannot do "insert cool thing here" are bummed out and think Atmosphere won't support Y firmware. Atmosphere has and will always be a CFW designed for all firmwares in mind and that is also why it is coming with EmuNAND support to give greater flexibility and freedom to the scene.
Is there anyone taking over EMUNAND developing or teams have always been working on it independently, or it's never been dropped? I am confused about certain developer showcase EMUNAND , but then pull the open source down

Reactions: Albytrozz

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone taking over EMUNAND developing or teams have always been working on it independently, or it's never been dropped? I am confused about certain developer showcase EMUNAND , but then pull the open source down
So EmuNAND was announced initially for Atmosphere, but we would have to wait for Atmosphere to be completed before we got our hands on EmuNAND. This is being done by Team ReSwitched but judging by the commits, its 99% being handled by SciresM and TuxSH (prominent 3DS hackers). Then very recently, another prominent hacker by the name of naehrwert announced to be working on EmuNAND support. He did not give an announcement date but effectively there were 2 different teams developing EmuNAND. However, when "backup swapping" began spreading, people inappropriately titled the process "Hekate backup launching" (Hekate is just the name of the payload, its the WIP Atmosphere CFW that enables this). Due to not wanting his work being associated with piracy, he did not leave the scene but rather made his work closed-source. So he is still developing whatever he is developing but in secret now. However, we cannot confirm if naehrwert is still working on EmuNAND or not. However, since Atmosphere is still being worked on, EmuNAND is still being worked on there.

EDIT: I need to work on my repetition. Take a shot for how many times I said "however"

Last edited by Draxzelex,

andijames

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So EmuNAND was announced initially for Atmosphere, but we would have to wait for Atmosphere to be completed before we got our hands on EmuNAND. This is being done by Team ReSwitched but judging by the commits, its 99% being handled by SciresM and TuxSH (prominent 3DS hackers). Then very recently, another prominent hacker by the name of naehrwert announced to be working on EmuNAND support. He did not give an announcement date but effectively there were 2 different teams developing EmuNAND. However, when "backup swapping" began spreading, people inappropriately titled the process "Hekate backup launching" (Hekate is just the name of the payload, its the WIP Atmosphere CFW that enables this). Due to not wanting his work being associated with piracy, he did not leave the scene but rather made his work closed-source. So he is still developing whatever he is developing but in secret now. However, we cannot confirm if naehrwert is still working on EmuNAND or not. However, since Atmosphere is still being worked on, EmuNAND is still being worked on there.

EDIT: I need to work on my repetition. Take a shot for how many times I said "however"
#drunkalreadyonlyhalfwaythrough :)

Good write up though.

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hekate is a woman.

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my switch is always on sleep mode, so its ok!
I was holding my fw cuz i thought atmosphere should be release first for low fw!"
Are we positive sleep mode is enough to prevent that? I've noticed the Switch does not make a complete power-down very intuitive to perform, so I'm wondering just what all is the difference between power down and sleep mode on switch (besides the obvious maintaining of game state).

For instance, any other console I can turn off by holding their home button and seeing a Power Off/Shutdown option. The Switch only seems to give Sleep Mode unless I go back to the Home Menu.

Ploco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hekate is a woman.
Does Hekate is the "kate" for Kate (Name of the person) and "He" because it's, at the origin, a male? Like Kate temkin which is a trans. Hekate Temkin? :O

illuminatie_confirm_by_lolploop11-d8syfwt.png

Last edited by Ploco,
Reactions: Cory321

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y