Atmosphere crashes when trying to install a game

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, everytime I try to install a game with Awoo or Tinwoo, Atmosphere crashes like it shows in the image.

It occurs both installing from SD or USB, the installing bar fills a little in some seconds and then it just crashes. I have the latest Sigpatches.

Is my first time trying to install a game, I have only tried with .nsp format. Have looked around how to fix it without much luck, thanks for the help!
274633838_2103897559779534_1058875415805192561_n.jpg

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, everytime I try to install a game with Awoo or Tinwoo, Atmosphere crashes like it shows in the image.

It occurs both installing from SD or USB, the installing bar fills a little in some seconds and then it just crashes. I have the latest Sigpatches.

Is my first time trying to install a game, I have only tried with .nsp format. Have looked around how to fix it without much luck, thanks for the help!View attachment 302560

Have you tried:
1) turn off wifi while installing
2) changing your wifi to/from 5Ghz vs 2.4GHz
3) a system reset

Did you format using exfat or FAT32?

edited…

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I formatted using FAT32 and I tried resetting the console (you mean that by system reset or should I do something else?).
I haven't tried changing my wifi, but since I'm trying to install using an SD or an USB cable I'm curious how wifi could be affecting it.
If it helps, I did the partiton based thing, which separates my switch between the Sysnand and Emunand

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted using FAT32 and I tried resetting the console (you mean that by system reset or should I do something else?).
Good on both counts.
I haven't tried changing my wifi, but since I'm trying to install using an SD or an USB cable I'm curious how wifi could be affecting it.
Hoping it's a wifi issue and not a problem with your M92T36 Power Management IC so trying a few things before I say to call Nintendo or to take it to an electronics shop. Sometimes wifi can interfere with other systems…specifically USB.
If it helps, I did the partiton based thing, which separates my switch between the Sysnand and Emunand

This is awesome...you might want to try to legitimately buy a cheap game from the eshop on Sysnand and see if it does the same thing without any CFW involved.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: impeeza

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My games from the eshop work without an issue on Sysnand without CFW, and my physical games are working both on Sysnand and Emunand

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My games from the eshop work without an issue on Sysnand without CFW, and my physical games are working both on Sysnand and Emunand

This happens when installing, correct? If so, try removing one of your Sysnand games via System -> Data Management and then reinstalling it from the eshop. Trying to isolate whats tripping the error code.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
try looking for the folder that has the program I.D. on the crash screen ending in 0012, delete that folder then try again. or try a fresh install of atmosphere, don't overwrite though as it can cause issues.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I removed a game from the Sysnand and redownloaded it, it launched and doesn't seem to be having any errors
That's interesting. Let's download a fresh copy of atmosphere, fusee.bin and hekate and do the following:

in case we want to get back to exactly where we are now let’s do this:

mv /atmosphere /atmosphere.bk
mv /bootloader /bootloader.bk

To create new /atmosphere and /bootloader let’s do this:

Extract the following files to your SD card:
  • atmosphere-x.xx.x-master-xxxxxxxx+hbl-x.x.x+hbmenu-x.x.x.zip
  • hekate_ctcaer_x.x.x_Nyx_x.x.x.zip

• Place the file named fusee.bin in your /bootloader/payloads/ folder.
  • Create a file named hekate_ipl.ini inside of your /bootloader/ folder and paste this within the file
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

• Create the file exosphere.ini in the root of your SD card and paste this inside (this step is needed in order to blank your prodinfo so that you can avoid getting your switch banned):
    Code:
    [exosphere]
    debugmode=1
    debugmode_user=0
    disable_user_exception_handlers=0
    enable_user_pmu_access=0
    blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
    blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
    allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
    log_port=0
    log_baud_rate=115200
    log_inverted=0
  • Afterwards create a file named default.txt in /atmosphere/hosts/ (the hosts folder won't exist, so make sure to create it)
    and paste this in your default.txt file (this step is prevents you from connecting to Nintendo's servers):
    Code:
    ]# Block Nintendo Servers
    127.0.0.1 *nintendo.*
    127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
    127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.*
    95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
    95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Reboot and once we come back up let's try to install a single .nsp.

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Reboot and once we come back up let's try to install a single .nsp.
After doing this I noticed something: for some reason, my SD shows that I have only 2GB of space left on Emunando, even though I don't have any games on the Emunand.

Seeing the files inside the SD, the folder "Nintendo/Content" contains 29+GB of files, which I believe it is mimicking the games I used to had on Sysnand, since after erasing the games from Sysnand, the Emunand SD space didn't go down.

So I believe the issue is that my Emunand part of the SD is full and crashes when installing the game (I was able to install it into System Memory!), and I can't find how to delete this "ghost games" from the Emunand (they don't appear on Settings, Data Management).

I'm guessing I should empty the "Nintendo/Content" folder from the Emunand to fix this space issue?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After doing this I noticed something: for some reason, my SD shows that I have only 2GB of space left on Emunando, even though I don't have any games on the Emunand.

Seeing the files inside the SD, the folder "Nintendo/Content" contains 29+GB of files, which I believe it is mimicking the games I used to had on Sysnand, since after erasing the games from Sysnand, the Emunand SD space didn't go down.

So I believe the issue is that my Emunand part of the SD is full and crashes when installing the game (I was able to install it into System Memory!), and I can't find how to delete this "ghost games" from the Emunand (they don't appear on Settings, Data Management).

I'm guessing I should empty the "Nintendo/Content" folder from the Emunand to fix this space issue?
That is a good catch man. Might want to go into Data Management and see if you can move a few games to your SD card. If that fixes things we should be good to go back and move everything out of your emunand. Sysnand and Emunand are essentially two separate systems that don’t interact with each other in any way…

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Data Management on Emunand doesn't show any games on the SD, but it shows the one I installed on System Memory.
It feels like the games that were on Sysnand when I made the Partiton Based Emunand didn't deleate properly, and still occupy space on the SD, not being able to erase them

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Data Management on Emunand doesn't show any games on the SD, but it shows the one I installed on System Memory.
It feels like the games that were on Sysnand when I made the Partiton Based Emunand didn't deleate properly, and still occupy space on the SD, not being able to erase them

Never seen it do this before. Mind sending a screenshot of what you see in DataManagement?

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here it is, it onyl shows the recently installed game, and my physical Zelda, but says I don't have more space on the SD.
The SD is 64GB (32 in Emunand since Sysnand and Emunand share half of it)

Attachments

• 275889457_1850343625175811_736313976811256579_n.jpg
    275889457_1850343625175811_736313976811256579_n.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 113

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is, it onyl shows the recently installed game, and my physical Zelda, but says I don't have more space on the SD.
The SD is 64GB (32 in Emunand since Sysnand and Emunand share half of it)

System Memory is your Emunand.
Micro SD is what’s left on the SD card’s file system.

as an example, here’s mine:

image.jpg

Sysnand is on your 32G eMMC chip, but when booted into Emunand we’re using an EmuMMC partition as a complete replacement of the eMMC chip.

I have more room available on my Emunand and I have way more stuff installed. Something just doesn’t add up here.

What else is on your SD Card’s filesystem taking up all that space?

edit: when you install a game, where do you tell it to install?

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Here is what is taking so much space on my SD, that folder.

By the way, when I put the micro SD on the PC, both "SWITCH SD (G:)" and "Unidad USB (H:)" appear, but the "H:" one I can't open and it asks me to format it everytime (I don't think it is related to this issue but maybe should mention it just in case).
SDContent.png

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what is taking so much space on my SD, that folder.

By the way, when I put the micro SD on the PC, both "SWITCH SD (G:)" and "Unidad USB (H:)" appear, but the "H:" one I can't open and it asks me to format it everytime (I don't think it is related to this issue but maybe should mention it just in case).
View attachment 302589

The “H:” partition is the hidden partition for your Emunand. It just happens to be the letter H and does not actually stand for Hidden or anything like that. You do NOT want to format it obviously. :-)

Edit: Nintendo/contents is where your installed games are stored when you install to SD card.

Jack124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Would you recommend to delete what is inside that folder? My Emunand doesn't have installed games on the SD, and my Sysnand installed games are just 13GB total, it doesn't add up to "28GB"

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you recommend to delete what is inside that folder? My Emunand doesn't have installed games on the SD, and my Sysnand installed games are just 13GB total, it doesn't add up to "28GB"
I think we know that this is probably due to running out of space on your sd card. You need a bigger card man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4