Hacking At which step am I prompted to delete data?

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So that I won't make the same mistake twice... I'll just ask ahead. I waited for a week and purchased legends of exidia again to do the dsiware downgrade. I deleted the source systems data before so now I'm going slow. I noticed the dsiware moving prompt but at which point does it ask to delete the source systems data? After the transfer or before? Can it be skipped?

I didn't notice a prompt that could be skipped yet and I was able to go all the way to the wifi transferring screen at 50% before an error occurred and everything went back to the way it was...

After that, I was planning a pc transfer instead to make it faster. Are the steps the same? Will the delete source data prompt still be there?

I'm sorry this sounds stupid but I wasn't able to notice the prompt before which screwed up the process. Ended up with an n3ds with nothing on it (the transfer process says legends of exidia is on it but I don't see it on the menu) . I wasn't sure which step I missed so I'm asking what it looks like. Or if I will even see it with a pc transfer?

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Just copy your #1 3DS "Nintendo 3ds" folder to your computer and delete it from the #1 3DS sd card.
then re-inject the legends of exidia save into dsiware following the instructions in the guide(with FBI)
Then, do a DSIWare tranfer, NOT DELETING anything from either systems(deny the prompts) and allow to transfer DSIWare.
If you follow this correctly you'll suceed.
Better said, just follow the intructions here ;)

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I'm staring at the guide the whole time but I was unable to see a point where I can say no at the prompts before the transfer...

Every prompt says cancel or back which brings me to the previous screen. I was wondering if I missed it or if I haven't seen it yet. Does it ask at the end of everything? Or at the start...

And is the dsiware transfer a separate process from the system transfer? 0_o

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
In my experience, there is no prompt for deleting the target system. It will just do. To transfer the DSiWare, you'll need to remove the card from the source system and put it into the target system before it restarts, then it'll ask you to transfer back the DSiWare.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously? 0_o good thing the connection keeps crapping put and stopping the transfer. Would a pc transfer be easier to not screw up?

trinhno

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Actually you only need the card from source system until it finishes transferring the DSiWare over. Can't see how that is more difficult than restoring the old system, extract the DSiWare, put on the #2 system and copy it in, coz the 2 processes is the same and one is automated by the 3ds.

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently reading the steps linked by plailect here http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/227/

And I think it's at step 20 (after the transfer) that plailect means when he says don't erase the data but I really can't be sure...

I don't get the system transfer process and I already screwed up once. So I'm hesitant to be all gung-ho about it without the proper steps...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.