Assassin's Creed III Remastered shows Switch version on Ubisoft's official website

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:51 AM.

Front-page
    BqkPpWu.

Another Switch port might have been accidentally leaked, following the Spyro Switch version goof up earlier. Ubisoft previously announced Assassin's Creed III Remastered, a retreading of the 2012 game, with new graphics and redone gameplay elements. Originally, the game was slated for a March 29th standalone release, for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. With no mention of a Nintendo Switch version, it was assumed that prior rumors claiming it would launch on Nintendo's system were debunked, at least, until today. Upon logging into Ubisoft's site and viewing the store page for Assassin's Creed III Remastered, users could see the listing specifically mention a Nintendo Switch version of the game, set to launch on the same day as other platforms. While no official announcement has been made yet, it seems highly likely that it'll be headed to the Switch somewhat soon. Assassin's Creed III initially launched in 2012, for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (33 replies)
  1. KyleHyde

KyleHyde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I hope this eventually leads to more AC ports for the Switch. (Still wish Odyssey wasn't a cloud game though, ugh...)
    I've yet to play Liberation and anything past Rogue, but I'd buy Black Flag again in a heartbeat just for the portability.

2. DSpider

DSpider GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2015
    Romania
    AC3 is considered the weakest one in the series. They should have remastered AC:Liberation instead (or as well, and packaged them together).

3. KyleHyde

KyleHyde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2018
    Puerto Rico
    I faintly recall an article somewhere that mentioned both AC3 and Liberation were to be packaged together (as Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Collection), but I think it was just a rumor. It would be nice if it were true though.

4. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Ah...now it's happening! Gaming is taking a serious turn for the Switch.

5. Digs

Digs Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    Leave us alone AC3, you console porting floozy!

6. spkuja

spkuja GBAtemp Fan

May 7, 2007
    Storywise it was pretty bad, but from a technical aspect, it was a vast improvement from the previous instalments. It's a shame that Connor was just so bland.

Tony_93 likes this.
  7. MiiJack

MiiJack GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2016
    Madagascar
    I wish the Ezio collection or all AC with Desmond in it were remastered (and playable on the Switch) instead.

8. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    serious? they only still get ports...

THYPLEX likes this.
  9. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Maniac

May 28, 2015
    Switch version likely a ps3/360 port while the ps4/xbx1 get a so called remaster.

Ubi must be running out of ideas if they plan to keep porting its older titles.

THYPLEX likes this.
  10. trigao

trigao GBAtemp Tiger

Nov 21, 2008
    Brazil
    i think the switch version will be a wiiu port instead of ps3 or x360

11. bandithedoge

bandithedoge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Poland
    Actually AC3 is my favorite one in the series. Yeah, the story sucks, but the gameplay was the best.

12. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Aug 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm not sure if the Switch version will be the same, but the trailer I watched for this said it would include Liberation.

13. Ericzander

Ericzander My yellow name hax wore off!

Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    As much as people found the original Assassins Creed meh, I wish that it would get a remaster as well.

I really enjoyed it when I played it on PC back in the day and I would love to see it brought to the current gen with trophy/achievement support so that people can play the entire franchise.

I imagine it would be jarring to start with ACII because it doesn't really explain why we should care about Desmond or anything that's going on.

14. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not complaining about more games for the Switch. It's about as crazy as people asking for PC ports at this point, except at least I can take the Switch with me!

15. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    nintendo already had assasins credd 3 and 4 on wiiu, they could port the games that didnt release on wiiu imo.

16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Which was suspiciously removed, hmm, intriguing...

17. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    I think some of these ports are welcome especially for those who didn't get to enjoy these titles.
    Heck some (who played them already) must even be willing to take the dive again.

18. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Its so awesome and shit except I don't plan to play that game doing the same shit for a houndred hours all over again, plz bring new games...

RES2 remake was one of the best and Capcom didnt brought it GRRRRRrrrrr F*...

Last edited by guily6669, Feb 12, 2019 at 6:40 PM
  19. HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Canada
    Whatever system it lands on, I hope they fix the post-story "Pivot" mission. When I played ACIII a few months ago I was one of the unlucky players who got trolled and was never able to 100% it.

The game was also buggy as hell but I think much of that had to do being the first outing of their new AnvilNext engine.