Assassin's Creed Odyssey details Season Pass contents, includes remaster of Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 13, 2018.

Front-page
    header (1).jpg

Like most Ubisoft games, the newest Assassin's Creed game, Odyssey, will indeed have multiple DLC packs. An extra side story, Legacy of the First Blade, which will be launching this December, will show one of the first ever assassins in the series, giving fans some extra lore to dig into. Spring of next year will also see the release of The Fate of Atlantis, a pack that adds extra areas and enemies to take on. As an added bonus for Season Pass holders, they'll also have access to two extra games: Assassin's Creed III Remastered and Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered. The latter already saw a re-release in HD after initially releasing on the Vita, but ACIII which came out in 2012, hasn't yet made its way onto current gen systems. Both games will feature 4K textures and assets on all available platforms, as well as "improved controls/gameplay elements". If you don't want to pick up the Season Pass for the remaster of Assassin's Creed III, you'll be able to buy it standalone as well. Assassin's Creed Odyssey will release on October 5, for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (8 replies)
  1. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Remastering 2012 games, why don't I find this weird at all

2. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    It's probably just a port to PS4 and XBox One with higher resolution textures.

3. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    That's almost the point.

pustal likes this.
  4. mustafag32g

mustafag32g GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2014
    Argentina
    switch will get the remaster in this direct i am 100 p sure

5. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    Well, there is a lot that could be done in a trie remaster, recreate 3D models with higher details, environment improvement, gameplay corners repolished, etc.

6. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Ubisoft did say that they wanted to modernize some aspects of AC3, and fix up some gameplay elements, though they didn't elaborate.
    Not too sure what it means, but maybe it's something decent? The AC games are starting to feel clunky, so going back and touching up some of the games in terms of control is kinda welcome at this point.

7. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yeah, and it'll run 18 fps like it did on Wii U :lol: I kid, I kid.

Still taking my posts slowly today.

8. Priestiality

Priestiality GBAtemp Regular

May 23, 2018
    United States
    Interesting as most of 3's problems are not something a remaster will fix. They can make it look prettier and give it better controls but they can't make Connor not all the worst aspects of Native American stereotypes with the personality of a rotted tree stump.