(Ask) GBA SD Card Explorer

Reshiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I own a linker EZ-Flash (Omega) for my GBA SP.
And like it's said in the title, I search a gba SD Card explorer Homebrew. (I want to backup my .sav files without need using a computer)

Thanks! :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA homebrew tended not to have any file readers, and recent years have not furnished us with any. Though as the source is there you could do something.

Beyond that the GBA does not have many outputs -- there is the serial cable, headphone jack and cart slot itself... The serial cable obviously has some things but you will have to make one most likely as buying one is hard these days (not to mention it is slow and you will still need a PC).

If you go up to the DS (and have a DS flash cart as I doubt we will easily get the Omega running in DS mode) you do gain wifi and thus can use FTP or something if you made something to read the Omega, which is possible (there are pieces of homebrew, which we don't recommend using for the EZ4, that will read GBA and DS slots with various DLDI patches).

Reactions: Reshiban

Reshiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Um okay I see... So the only option would be to use a DS with GBA support.

I have already seen (and used) a homebrew which allowed to dump and write on the Micro SD of the linker DS the backups of a normal GBA cartridge.

So the homebrew had access to the Micro SD write, this is not the case on the EZ-O? (if we created a homebrew able to do it)

Last edited by Reshiban,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There might be options for a multiboot cable, but they tend to connect directly to a PC and at that point you might as well fish out the microSD card reader.

Ripping things from a stock GBA cart (or simplified flash cart like the 3 in 1) is a rather different game to having to have the more complicated GBA cart do its setup, and then return files to where it needs to be. You could probably go over the EZ Omega source to figure out said setup and get it to do what it needs to do, and maybe serve up files (or selections of it to rip). That would probably be a fair amount of work though.

Reactions: Reshiban

Reshiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah! If we could use a python program on the GBA, it would be so simple! xD

I will opt for your suggestion to modify the source code. The idea is really to do everything on the GBA, so that it works even without other hardware.

Thanks for your help! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night