Status
Not open for further replies.

clumzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
psycoblaster said:
Yeah.. but I'm not procrastinating!! >< I just got a job, and I barely have any free time now.
Hell, I haven't even logged in GBAtemp for few weeks now.
Don't worry, project isn't dead
tongue.gif

Glad to hear that

esserius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
Yeah.. but I'm not procrastinating!! >< I just got a job, and I barely have any free time now.
Hell, I haven't even logged in GBAtemp for few weeks now.
Don't worry, project isn't dead
tongue.gif
Least you've got a job. Been looking for months now. =/

Hope the project continues on!
smile.gif

W@dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ you don't

Did you just not bother to read anything?

It's a closed beta. Which means only a select group of people are testing it. When they're done it will be announced.

Just wait. Like everyone else.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha i hope the project isnt dead psyco you, along with everyone helping with the beta, put too much work into this for it to die man! haha congrats on the job, i recently got one myself =P im excited to play this game when its all complete =D

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the individuals are still looking into the game and translating, but I'd like to play through the game. The Japanese NDS cart is fine with me, but my Japanese is limited. Beta Tester - Job Application submitted here.

Wynd

hrm316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to check this thread every two or three weeks, and I was really excited about this project but now I just don't care about it anymore. It seems to me that the translation team don't care about it either. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but they don't even bother to update us on the process. I mean what's the point of this thread? Just to say "thank you, good luck and goodbye"? What about some discussion about the project itself or some update on the process? I'm not saying I want the patch tomorrow morning, but at least I want some news/update on the process. Is that too much to ask? Do you guys get disappointed or pissed off or discouraged by such questions? If so, then I'm really sorry and I just say "thank you, good luck and goodbye"!

jerbz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hrm316 said:
I used to check this thread every two or three weeks, and I was really excited about this project but now I just don't care about it anymore. It seems to me that the translation team don't care about it either. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but they don't even bother to update us on the process. I mean what's the point of this thread? Just to say "thank you, good luck and goodbye"? What about some discussion about the project itself or some update on the process? I'm not saying I want the patch tomorrow morning, but at least I want some news/update on the process. Is that too much to ask? Do you guys get disappointed or pissed off or discouraged by such questions? If so, then I'm really sorry and I just say "thank you, good luck and goodbye"!

sir, there are plenty of us that are excited for this translation to finish.
Psycho said in an earlier post that he got a new job, so he's probably working alot and doesnt have all the free time in the world to work on this.
also, i know a bunch of us have been waiting on A.S.H for a long time and are willing to wait because we want the best possible translation just like the amazing job A0 has been doing on the ToI translation, yes an update would be nice but cmon there beta testing.What else is there to wait for except "hey you can download this patch for free now were done working really hard on it, now get it and play it for 5 minutes cuz i probably have piracy syndrome"
so the whole dramatic rant about "thank you,good luck, and goodbye" is nothing but a waste of time for yourself and whoever else reads it.

things like this take time.
cmon now.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hrm316: You know, if you wanted a more concrete update, you could have just asked.

As for the project itself, it seems that a good chunk of the beta testers disappeared, most of them not even working past Stage 10. But Slave was the one who reported all the bugs in the game. Script-wise, Leamonde did a lot of work, and I remember some edits from Valatros and PerswAsian [if I forgot anyone, I apologize]. I've done editing until Stage 29.
Also, since Psyco has little spare time due to his new job, he asked if I could take charge of finalizing the script. I've agreed to this, and we'll probably see a release soon after I finish editing all the stages and finalize things. [Psyco: If I'm not allowed to reveal this, tell me and I'll remove it. ~]

There will be a release, just not as soon as initially hoped for. Definitely by the end of May, though. Assuming I make it to law school, it's when my academic year begins and I aim to finish this before then.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^ this is the same problem i have with the Tales translation right now..no updates yet everyone was throwing themselves at the translators feet..ridiculous.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
steirina said:
hrm316: You know, if you wanted a more concrete update, you could have just asked.

As for the project itself, it seems that a good chunk of the beta testers disappeared, most of them not even working past Stage 10. But Slave was the one who reported all the bugs in the game. Script-wise, Leamonde did a lot of work, and I remember some edits from Valatros and PerswAsian [if I forgot anyone, I apologize]. I've done editing until Stage 29.
Also, since Psyco has little spare time due to his new job, he asked if I could take charge of finalizing the script. I've agreed to this, and we'll probably see a release soon after I finish editing all the stages and finalize things. [Psyco: If I'm not allowed to reveal this, tell me and I'll remove it. ~]

There will be a release, just not as soon as initially hoped for. Definitely by the end of May, though. Assuming I make it to law school, it's when my academic year begins and I aim to finish this before then.
I actually wanted it to be something not revealed, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore if I think about it.
I'm just glad that there is a person that I can depend on.

If people don't understand why I'm not releasing a beta patch is because there are statistically more people who bitch at an unfinished product than people who either bitches at an unreleased or a completed product.

Using a bit of math, it's a clear and a simple reason.

xgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that info was really a bit of light in the dark. I'm checking this thread and the blog-page sometimes to see the progress, but it's kinda dead lately. It's a pain in the crack to wait this long and not be aware of the progress but I've been keeping the negative comments to myself so far ~

Anyway, it's sad that the project isn't as active as before but it feels really good that it's not completely dead and that some people are trying hard to make this translation complete, good job guys, keep it up!
bow.gif

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:
^ this is the same problem i have with the Tales translation right now..no updates yet everyone was throwing themselves at the translators feet..ridiculous.

Why do you feel entitled to be updated constantly... about what? Have you ever worked on a translation project? If you have, you'd know that there isn't always something worth updating about. Aren't translation groups doing enough just by translating the game? Do you really need to know every time a spelling error is fixed or every time a graphic has been edited or whatever it is? Are you paying these translation groups? I could see you wanting and even having the right to be updated if you were actually investing in something.

Honestly, if a translation group decides never to update, that is their choice and not yours. They have absolutely no obligations to you or anyone else. Translation groups do not work on projects to please you. They are not your personal slaves, to do everything how you want it, when you want it.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
neoxephon said:
nugundam0079 said:

Why do you feel entitled to be updated constantly... about what? Have you ever worked on a translation project? If you have, you'd know that there isn't always something worth updating about. Aren't translation groups doing enough just by translating the game? Do you really need to know every time a spelling error is fixed or every time a graphic has been edited or whatever it is? Are you paying these translation groups? I could see you wanting and even having the right to be updated if you were actually investing in something.

Honestly, if a translation group decides never to update, that is their choice and not yours. They have absolutely no obligations to you or anyone else. Translation groups do not work on projects to please you. They are not your personal slaves, to do everything how you want it, when you want it.

Chill out ACE, they aren't paying you to be their lawyer-Take a minute to get off your high horse and relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol