jonko_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks!

I've joined up with Cerber4444 (see previous threads here and here) to try to translate this visual novel with an original storyline based on the light novels/anime The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I'm a fairly competent hacker with a lot of experience in the Nintendo DS space (see my GitHub). I've already made a lot of progress on hacking this game -- I've reverse engineered the game's compression algorithm, cracked the event file structure so I can to reinsert text and have extracted the entire script, and have started work on decoding the graphics files. (Nearly) all of this is contained within a utility I've built. For Cerber's part, they have graphic design experience and are eventually planning to help translate the game into Russian.

In the meantime, this game is pretty massive (as visual novels tend to be). According to the weblate I have set up, there are 36,737 strings to be translated (though it's possible that not all of those are used in game; this will have to be seen through testing I haven't gotten to yet). Additionally, while I'm pretty steadily working my way through crafting my utility, more hands make for faster work. Finally, we will of course still need people to test and play through the game to make sure it's all working.

Therefore, we're looking for JP->EN translators, ROM hackers, graphics folks, and testers/proofreaders. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this project.

Thanks so much for your time. If you're interested in helping out (or just want to follow along on our progress), please drop by our brand new discord server!

Goblinaro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't have any sort of romhacking nor translation skills, but I can definitely test this on either emulator or a flash cart if need be! Have multiple new3DS, a DS lite and a DSi (the last of which has broken triggers)

Foxtrot_Uniform

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You had me until

>discord

Ew no thanks. may as well ask me to hand over personal info than ever touch that spyware again. Its reddit 2.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: