Not open for further replies.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pioggia said:
Amazing. good to see your back psycho.
If I say so myself my English is pretty good, so I would gladly be a beta tester. And with half term only next week for me I'll have quite a bit of free time so I'd be able to devote most of my time to this translation.
But yes, great to see your back, and I look forward to playing this translation (be it as a beta tester or a public release)
Are you standing behind him? If not, I doubt you can see his back.

Nathanjw

Trophies
XP
Country
As a native speaker of English and having nothing but free time for the next few months i would gladly help test for you.
Also congratulations on getting this far.

r.jan24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes !! it's finally finished
yaynds.gif

MojackoGUY

Trophies
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Pioggia said:
Amazing. good to see your back psycho.
If I say so myself my English is pretty good, so I would gladly be a beta tester. And with half term only next week for me I'll have quite a bit of free time so I'd be able to devote most of my time to this translation.
But yes, great to see your back, and I look forward to playing this translation (be it as a beta tester or a public release)
Are you standing behind him? If not, I doubt you can see his back.

nice one. that made me lol. am glad to see ash near the finish line. been following the project ever since i first found that there is a translation for ash.

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
mushimiu said:
desh_thiere said:
I would love to beta test. I am a high school English teacher, so I know my way around the language.

However, having a full time job means I will be limited in the time I can apply to the game. Although, in 7 weeks time I go on 7.5 weeks holidays, which would be optimum testing time for me.

I must admit, a 100% translation of the game is freaking awesome and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

not to be a stereotypical person but a lot of my English teachers in the past don't really speak like that but things change, and if you do get to be a BETA tester then play while teaching haha and make sure you don't get caught or you will get fired =)

I am not your stereotypical teacher
smile.gif
Trust me though; I have been teaching for six years, taught English for three of those years and history for the other three. Suffice to say, I can pick a grammatical error from 10 paces with a red pen
smile.gif

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Well I'm fluent in alot of languages and English is my main so I would like to sign up for beta testing. Least I can do for the current translations nowadays.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm chosen as a beta tester, is it something I can put on my CV? I'm studying video games design at the moment and being a beta tester would be extremely helpful to my course, plus if I test a few things, when I go to interviews in the industry when I've finished my course I can honestly say I've been a tester before. With the added bonus that the end product is an English version of ASH, which looks incredible.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
If I'm chosen as a beta tester, is it something I can put on my CV? I'm studying video games design at the moment and being a beta tester would be extremely helpful to my course, plus if I test a few things, when I go to interviews in the industry when I've finished my course I can honestly say I've been a tester before. With the added bonus that the end product is an English version of ASH, which looks incredible.
I really don't think so. This is a fan translation project, not an official localization. And these stuff are supposed to be illegal :|

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Still valuable experience, right? Fan translation or official, it's really the same stuff. Still worth mentioning as valuable experience, most companies these days expect people in my position to start off with fan projects, like making our own games which I'm working on at the moment.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
Still valuable experience, right? Fan translation or official, it's really the same stuff. Still worth mentioning as valuable experience, most companies these days expect people in my position to start off with fan projects, like making our own games which I'm working on at the moment.

It's still illegal, though. Putting something like this in a paper would essentially admit to piracy. It's a valuable experience, yes, but not one to put in a paper. It's like saying I learned a lesson from date raping (I haven't, if you were wondering) and putting that in a research paper about crime. Although piracy isn't as bad as date raping.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Well, if it comes to experience, it should be.
But remember, I'm still a student in university so I won't be able to back you up or anything
wink.gif

Just making sure you understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1