ROM Hack ASH (archaic sealed heat) translation project

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoseekersam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i'm english and i will tell u every typo if any and any glitches as soon as i find them and i have lots of time so ye i can do a good job on this you can count on me. I will do my best
So ye give me a PM if u choose me
Thx

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I am late to the party and most likely you would have picked your Beta Testers I will respond. I would love to help Beta Test this game. I am 17 and a Senior in High school. I have a 3.8 GPA and in all of my English classes (except for 11th grade) I have gotten a A. I have a lot of spare time due to the fact my teachers rarely give homework. Also due to medical conditions I do not sleep for very long so I can play this until 2:00 AM and sleep for about 3-4 hours and still feel rested. I believe that is all, if you would like me to Beta Test excellent, if you already have the majority or all of your Beta testers by the time you reach this page I will just help keep the "noobs" at bay.

I guess I should add that when I took SAT prep and we had a Reading skills test. I tested a level 16.2 in Vocabulary (sometime one year out of a four year college) and a 18.(I can't remember, sorry). Either way that is between four and five years out of college.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoseekersam said:
Hey i'm english and i will tell u every typo if any and any glitches as soon as i find them and i have lots of time so ye i can do a good job on this you can count on me. I will do my best
Thx

Y'know, if you're gonna try to get a spot in the beta testing to see how good the English is, you may not want to type like you're using a cell phone or instant messaging. Just saying.

mushimiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, i can i help with the beta testing?
i know a lot of english so i can help with some grammar errors and some other stuff =)

robertw00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll jump on the bandwagon and ask to become a beta tester.
I've been keeping tabs on this, and I'm quite glad to see that it's gotten this far.

I attend college for 3 hours a day and then I spend my time sitting at home, so I have PLENTY of free time to contribute.

Send me a PM if you can use me!

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
neoseekersam said:
Thx

Y'know, if you're gonna try to get a spot in the beta testing to see how good the English is, you may not want to type like you're using a cell phone or instant messaging. Just saying.

I was thinking the same thing.

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pardon for asking, but may I know if your main purpose for beta testing is to do a grammar check, or would it also be a check for glitches and bugs? Because if it's just the former, I'd be happy to volunteer to look at the entire game script. I wouldn't want to rush playing just to see if everything is properly worded, you see. ^^;

Alterius1988

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i would like to be a beta tester for this translation project. I live in Australia and have have a firm grip in the English language
smile.gif
. Thanks~

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Welcome back psyco! Nice to see you posting again! From your blog, I almost thought you would stop the project. Thank God I was wrong.

Anyway, do I actually have to finish the game if I beta test? Your translation looks amazing. If possible, I'd like to try beta testing. If not, I'll still completely understand and I support you on this project. Keep up the amazing work!

Ultratech87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting...I was wondering when you were gonna post something on the beta testing and progress on the patch. Sounded like you had most everything done on your blog. But I'll give it a try if you want.

Translation looks very good from what you've got posted so far on it. I remember hearing that ASH was a visually impressive game when it first came out.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be willing to help beta test this. Admittedly I have not heard of the game before, but from what you've posted, it looks to be most excellent.
smile.gif
I tend to run into every bug imaginable, so count me in!
tongue.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
neoseekersam said:
Thx

Lol that's exactly what I'm looking for.

desh_thiere

Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to beta test. I am a high school English teacher, so I know my way around the language.

However, having a full time job means I will be limited in the time I can apply to the game. Although, in 7 weeks time I go on 7.5 weeks holidays, which would be optimum testing time for me.

I must admit, a 100% translation of the game is freaking awesome and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be honest. I would love to beta test, but I would probably be forget to take notes of where exactly glitches and typos were, so don't choose me. lol

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People have time to beta test in October? I have too many games already and shirtloads more out this month and early next ~

I'm glad this will see an english release finally, a stellar effort. I look forward to playing it over (our) summer. The DS is just easier to sneak along to family gatherings in the holidays.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porkdish said:
People have time to beta test in October? I have too many games already and shirtloads more out this month and early next ~

I'm glad this will see an english release finally, a stellar effort. I look forward to playing it over (our) summer. The DS is just easier to sneak along to family gatherings in the holidays.
Hah, my schedule is completely open until I get the invite to the Star Wars Old Republic beta *knock on wood*

mushimiu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
desh_thiere said:
I would love to beta test. I am a high school English teacher, so I know my way around the language.

However, having a full time job means I will be limited in the time I can apply to the game. Although, in 7 weeks time I go on 7.5 weeks holidays, which would be optimum testing time for me.

I must admit, a 100% translation of the game is freaking awesome and you should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

not to be a stereotypical person but a lot of my English teachers in the past don't really speak like that but things change, and if you do get to be a BETA tester then play while teaching haha and make sure you don't get caught or you will get fired =)

Ethanfel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Very good work 99%, that's impressive ! I was worried about the project since the original thread was closed.

I'm french, so i don't think i can help you very well in the matters of grammatical correction
smile.gif
but if i can help
smile.gif

good luck for the beta testing.

Pioggia

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Amazing. good to see your back psycho.
If I say so myself my English is pretty good, so I would gladly be a beta tester. And with half term only next week for me I'll have quite a bit of free time so I'd be able to devote most of my time to this translation.
But yes, great to see your back, and I look forward to playing this translation (be it as a beta tester or a public release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters