Kishire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
magikaitou said:
i have translated before so i know that,...

but ...understand me , they have spent like , 3 months of testing , thats too much ...
If you're so impatient and can't wait, why don't you just translate this yourself? Stop complaining.

Yeah, OR he can go freeze himself like Cartman in South Park, then you won't really have to wait :D
HAHA.

InfiniteChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to playing ASH when the complete patch comes out. Hope you and the testers finish in a month or two.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
magikaitou said:

but ...understand me , they have spent like , 3 months of testing , thats too much ...

Well excuse us, Mr.Expert, for aiming for quality over speed.

The "testing" isn't just about bugs and glitches that need to be fixed, we're going through all of the text line by line and making the translation better. Better phrasing, smoother sentence structures, better punctuation for proper effects, different use of words, colloquialisms and so on. That's going to take a while as we need to suggest, discuss and wait on a final verdict from psycoblaster who has a life outside of translating games for you so let me just give you a cheerful screw off.

The goal is a translation of hopefully professional quality. I respect all the work psyco has put into this and I'm happy to be a part of helping make this project great.

And if you put as much effort into your translations as you did in that post, I doubt any translation you've done was of particular quality so I suggest you take your complaints elsewhere or, better yet, translate it yourself so you won't complain at all.

psycoblaster

Divine
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
magikaitou said:

Well excuse us, Mr.Expert, for aiming for quality over speed.

The "testing" isn't just about bugs and glitches that need to be fixed, we're going through all of the text line by line and making the translation better. Better phrasing, smoother sentence structures, better punctuation for proper effects, different use of words, colloquialisms and so on. That's going to take a while as we need to suggest, discuss and wait on a final verdict from psycoblaster who has a life outside of translating games for you so let me just give you a cheerful screw off.

The goal is a translation of hopefully professional quality. I respect all the work psyco has put into this and I'm happy to be a part of helping make this project great.

And if you put as much effort into your translations as you did in that post, I doubt any translation you've done was of particular quality so I suggest you take your complaints elsewhere or, better yet, translate it yourself so you won't complain at all.
Don't worry about it.
There are people who just doesn't understand that the work we are doing is done for the people who wants it, not for the people who have to criticize every detail about any related subject.

PerswAsian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm not mistaken, you translated and edited the text by yourself before this beta (and the previous one that was leaked), didn't you psycoblaster?

To everyone waiting for this to go public, please be patient. It will be better for the wait. Think of it as a fine wine. This project's just marinating.

I get the impatience, as I remember being the same way when waiting for Seiken Densetsu 3, Bahamut Lagoon, and Final Fantasy V all those years ago, but it doesn't do anything but distract. If you think it shouldn't distract, well, you likely haven't done anything that's been scrutinized before.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's why you read the script instead of playing through for everything Leamonde.Halcyon. Discussing it, or complaining about the time, doesn't hurt progress in any way.

tk615

Trophies
XP
Country
Makoto03 said:
There was a leaked patch for this game?

NO THERE IS NOT A LEAK PATCH !! its in beta testing progress now !
lecture.gif

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
That's why you read the script instead of playing through for everything Leamonde.Halcyon. Discussing it, or complaining about the time, doesn't hurt progress in any way.
We are reading the script and working with it outside of the game. Using only the patch and having to play it to check the script would just be stupid. But you know what? It still takes time, people have lives, and a large number of the beta testers chosen have made no contributions whatsoever. So, instead of the supposed 20 testers working on it there are about 5 of actually doing anything, and nevermind that some people have had testing, life issues, and I myself came down with swine flu.

And I beg to differ-complaining can hurt the progress, or at least hurt how long it takes the patch to come out if you piss off the one running the translation. Complaining is more likely to make them want to delay it on you.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Script is one thing... there are frequent Crashes also... probably related to missing scripts being called, I dunno... but we still need to go through the game... I've gotten 3 crashes in about 6 chapters (all noted too btw) hopefully they'll be fixed soon :-)

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying you don't. Just that everyone running through the script deciding on things before testing the game makes the most sense. I haven't done it before so I can't claim to know. Someone needs to settle down a little though
wink.gif

You can just recruit new testers; assigning specific sections of the script to them. I'd be willing to bet that someone people wanted to do it so they could get the patch for spreading it to a friend or two.

Edit:
The grain of salt approach is best for people complaining
smile.gif

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
Just that everyone running through the script deciding on things before testing the game makes the most sense.

One of the most important parts of an editor's job is to make sure that, along with grammar, punctuation, etc., that every part of the dialogue is contextually correct. Context can change one thing to something completely different. The only way that you can get that context is by seeing it in the game, as intended. Reading the script in text form does not give you context. If you have a project and you do not care about quality, then context does not matter. But if you do care about quality, context is everything. Your method would almost certainly result in poor dialogue quality.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's exactly it neoxephon. That's why there are continual releases of the updated patch. It's one thing to edit it in the script and an entirely different thing to see it in context of the game and the character saying it. Something that seems a reasonable rewrite of a sentence standing alone may make no sense when said by the character. How the character talks, who they are. It all makes a difference. One character, for instance, is extremely formal in how they talk, whereas another speaks in a monotone and requires different grammar to portray that, and another is very informal.

And as for the "recruit new testers", I assume you weren't here for the fallout after the uh 'alpha' team leaked the original patch. Now, most of the beta team has disappeared. I don't blame Psyco for being reluctant or upset after how everyone who applied for the beta team claimed they were going to put sooo much work into this and begged to be on, and now they have the patch and aren't doing anything. It's not as simple as "recruit new ones". I'd be reluctant to hand out the patch to a new batch of testers too.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never said to only read the script, rather that it should be read first. Don't explode because you don't understand what I posted.

neoxephon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shardnax said:
I never said to only read the script, rather that it should be read first. Don't explode because you don't understand what I posted.

No one exploded. To put it simply, I am telling you that you do not understand what the best method is and isn't for editing a game's script. Your method results in double the work with absolutely zero additional benefit.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
neoxephon said:
Shardnax said:

No one exploded. To put it simply, I am telling you that you do not understand what the best method is and isn't for editing a game's script. Your method results in double the work with absolutely zero additional benefit.

Exactly.
Nothing will ever be as useful as being able to see the script while playing the game. I know this from experience. I've done editing in the past and getting a draft into the game to see how everything works and plays out was always the most important step for me.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, who is the duche that leaked the patch!?
It had to have been one of the "testers"
Come-the-f**k-on! Who does that!?!
I hope whoever does that gets blasted with an Ion Cannon!

--\
===\
=ROFL===>--------------My ROFL Cannon Goes-------------------(KA-BOOM!!)
===/
--/

For real though, I am disgusted at the fact that somebody even did that to you Psycho.
I hope this does not stop the OFFICIAL patch from coming out.
Keep at it Psycho.

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^a comment about the leakage.

despite being leaked, you shouldn't panic that much, seeing as its still in beta testing you guys should still be standing in strong ground seeing as you beta testers have experienced problems with the games testing. so my point is the leak isn't a perfect leak.

I for one will wait for this beta testing to be complete because i want the experience to be complete and have that professional feel too it. i will wait cause im a loyal fan to this thing.

and to make things better you guys should kinda forget that there's a leak. the more you spread it around, the more people are going to go out and look for this incomplete leak.

hope that made it better.

Also to the guy who leaked it, you're a complete douche. People trusted you with this and you fucked it up for everyone. I hope you live your life knowing that you can't be trusted. have fun being miserable buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1