Hacking Are you going to buy WiikeÜ or waiting for Wii U homebew ?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 54,512
  • Replies 237

What are you going to your Wii U ?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Like making the Wii U play Blu-rays? That'd be cool.

I heard that Wii U's optical drive is not quite Blu-ray drive, however it was made by Panasonic which is also holding a major license of blu-ray. So I doubt that would be possible, Unless Wii U is powerful enough to render 1080p BD movie rips just like how Showtime on PS3 does it although PS3 is not strong enough to render it with CPU.

Lostsam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait for homebrew, pay to pirate is not my cup of tea unless forced to like with the DS and I already all the Wii U games I like, and if the release pattern keeps on going like this I think I'll never need to pirate.
I'd like however to have programs to watch 1080p movies and Hi10p anime with subtitles off a flash drive.

By the way, any news on that gamepad hack that was supposed to be able to stream PC content to Gamepad?
The one which shown Wind Waker being ran on Dolphin?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for homebrew, pay to pirate is not my cup of tea unless forced to like with the DS and I already all the Wii U games I like, and if the release pattern keeps on going like this I think I'll never need to pirate.
I'd like however to have programs to watch 1080p movies and Hi10p anime with subtitles off a flash drive.

By the way, any news on that gamepad hack that was supposed to be able to stream PC content to Gamepad?
The one which shown Wind Waker being ran on Dolphin?

http://libdrc.org/
https://bitbucket.org/memahaxx/libdrc
It was last updated 4 months ago and it's still Linux only. Seems they gave up/moved on.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
by the time i would even consider getting a wku there would be one game left to get and that's zelda and by than it would not be worth getting :P i wouldn't play smash bros with it since i dont want to be banned online. i only pirate single player games :creep:

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
as far as I know, wiikeyU is only for pirating, no homebrew... if it DOES support homebrew and there is no other software solution to get homebrew and somebody actually DOES develop usefull homebrew, then I guess I MIGHT buy wiikeyu ... well, lots of IFs ^^
I hope for a software homebrew solution and I am probably waiting for that

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't pirate games so I have no need for this device. I'm only in it for the research that can be done on games. We just need the Wii U common key and then I'm happy.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No. I prefer to buy the games myself.

The pirate thingy is going for $100-$150? Eesh. People are insane to spend that much on a pirate device.

Where do you see Wii U games selling for £49.99? If you're going to Harrods, Selfridges, John Lewis then obviously the prices will be high.

The highest I've seen on online retailers was like £45 but then they decreased as time passed.

I mean at shops on the high street not the internet shops, did I drop sharp for a minute and say "ONLINE" no I meant shops like Game etc.. most are at £49.99p in the UK, some you might see at £45.99p if your lucky!

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
No. Because I know how hard it is to make games and how much effort is required.
And everybody who are buying this think of it this way, if you created a car which you have worked your ass of, would you like people to make clones of it and use it without paying?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii u is not worth it, there are not enough games, i will consider buying a wiiu and wiikey when there is a must have a new real zelda game, or metroid game, till then i am not buying wiiu, for like 1 or 2 games ,what a waste
i mean what will i be spending, 300$ 400$ or more for a wii u wiikey and HDD ,just to play what?
MK8 ,no i dont think so i will probably breakdown and buy when zelda is released , nintendo realls had taken the piss with 1st part development with wii u and they have no 3rd party , wher eis a 3d mario , zelda, metroid? WTF do they do over there?

wiikey should have stayed quiet till there were more games or till after the release of zelda
if nintendo someohow block ODE's then they are screwed releasing it so soon with no real library is just pointless

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
to be honest as it seems we will soon see a software hack and maybe custom firmware soon ;) who knows i have it from day one 3 games i have and vwii ,it seems it is time to sell my olf wii too

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii u is not worth it, there are not enough games, i will consider buying a wiiu and wiikey when there is a must have a new real zelda game, or metroid game, till then i am not buying wiiu, for like 1 or 2 games ,what a waste
i mean what will i be spending, 300$ 400$ or more for a wii u wiikey and HDD ,just to play what?
MK8 ,no i dont think so i will probably breakdown and buy when zelda is released , nintendo realls had taken the piss with 1st part development with wii u and they have no 3rd party , wher eis a 3d mario , zelda, metroid? WTF do they do over there?

wiikey should have stayed quiet till there were more games or till after the release of zelda
if nintendo someohow block ODE's then they are screwed releasing it so soon with no real library is just pointless

The games are a lot better then you think. Can you guess which game everyone wants to play on my Wii U the most is? It' actually Game and Wario. What do you play with friends, because you just listed a bunch of single player games.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games are a lot better then you think. Can you guess which game everyone wants to play on my Wii U the most is? It' actually Game and Wario. What do you play with friends, because you just listed a bunch of single player games.

i mentioned mk8, what is game and wario?
im not saying the games are bad ,i am saying there is not enough of them

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i mentioned mk8, what is game and wario?
im not saying the games are bad ,i am saying there is not enough of them

mk8 is good, but it's only a week old. Most people haven't gotten a chance to play it yet. I've been playing it every day since release, but that pattern will stop after a few more days, and I may go to like twice a week. But even that game, some people don't like to play. Also, you can only play it for so long, like an hour or so, then you need to stop it for the day. This is especially true if you are drinking and/or getting high. At some point, you want an even easier game because you are more interested in talking then the actual game.

Game and Wario is a disappointment when compared to WarioWare: Smooth Moves. I really wanted something more like Smooth Moves. Game and Wario is really just a tech demo that they slapped a Wario skin on. I still hope they make a proper WarioWare game. Nevertheless, casual players love the multiplayer modes, especially the pictionary mode. You don't need any video game skills at all, so 100% of people can play it and not feel disadvantaged. This one girl who game to my mario kart launch party, when she saw me next, said she wanted to play the "islands game" again, she didn't say anything about the actual mario kart. Im not even sure if she decided to take a turn at playing mario kart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ