Are there any Wii games left to translate? What would you like to see!

Desconocido90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Inazuma Eleven Go Strikers 2013 is very high up my list of wanted Wii games. There are a few half-done translations out there but nothing even close to complete.
At least, the Spanish translation project is still active, although it progresses slowly.

By the looks of this video from 2 months ago, it's more advanced than the English one:

(This is not a normal gameplay of the translation. The youtuber used mods to make the players giants for the LOLs)

I have high hopes.

Last edited by Desconocido90,
Reactions: SilverDen

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Can you provide the links, please?
They're in the zip files of the patches I sent you the link of earlier (did I write this right?)

You'll find two folders : one is the translation, which you can use to modify the ISO with the procedure described in the readme, the other one is a patch created by Barronwaffle, who should get the credits for that.

This means you can only play online with an ISO, not a retail disc, sadly (because Nintendo servers are down, the patch use alternate ones).

Please refer to the readme for further information.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
They're in the zip files of the patches I sent you the link of earlier (did I write this right?)

You'll find two folders : one is the translation, which you can use to modify the ISO with the procedure described in the readme, the other one is a patch created by Barronwaffle, who should get the credits for that.

This means you can only play online with an ISO, not a retail disc, sadly (because Nintendo servers are down, the patch use alternate ones).

Please refer to the readme for further information.
Just one more question: Does your patch mess with Wiimmfi? I assume it is like an alternative but only for those two games.

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Just one more question: Does your patch mess with Wiimmfi? I assume it is like an alternative but only for those two games.
It doesn't mess with Wimmfi (I actually use it for Mario Kart for example), but you're right about zwei.moe being an alternative.

I left a message on the Wimmfi board asking if someone could maybe help me try to configure Wimmfi with these games, but didn't get much answers.

Anyway, long story short : Wimmfi and Zwei.moe can coexist on a modded Wii.

And if you patch your Iso, you won't have to change your DNS, which I assume could mess with Wimmfi, like it does with Riiconnect.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like 信長の野望 (Nobunaga's Ambition) and 三國志 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms), but realistically I don't know why anyone would bother, as they had official English releases on PS2.
If anything, this should make modders more interested. A script is already there, it's just a matter of figuring out the best way to insert it.

I've seen modders do this with other multiplat games a number of times, so I don't see why it'd be a disqualifier in general.

AndroSynth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any suggestions but I thought I'd chime in to say thanks to all the folks putting time into these translations. No doubt it is very time consuming and probably takes a bit of technical chops as well.

On another note I'm also blown away that the Wii's library can still surprise me with some of these games I've never heard of, many of which are overflowing with creativity.

SPAC3W4IFU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did saw a fan-translation of monster hunter g at one point in youtube but i have yet to fully test it myself.

and yeah i'd love to see a translation of TvC - CGoH someday in the future too, the mini-games, soundtrack, anime cutscenes and hakushon daimao are so fun..
Yeah, I found out about that patch one later on and tried it for myself. I didn't play it for too long, but I could tell it was just a menu translation. Noticed a lot of text of the quest dialogue was still in Japanese when I tried it. The effort is still appreciated, of course.

Also, to add to the pile of games that need translations, the Kamen Rider Climax Heroes games are definitely up there, especially Super Climax Heroes. They're fun!

EDIT: OH! And I also second Jawa! I've been wanting to play that one for years!

Last edited by SPAC3W4IFU,

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, I found out about that patch one later on and tried it for myself. I didn't play it for too long, but I could tell it was just a menu translation. Noticed a lot of text of the quest dialogue was still in Japanese when I tried it. The effort is still appreciated, of course.

Also, to add to the pile of games that need translations, the Kamen Rider Climax Heroes games are definitely up there, especially Super Climax Heroes. They're fun!

EDIT: OH! And I also second Jawa! I've been wanting to play that one for years!
out of curiosity were u able to run MHG on emulator or usb loader gx ?

just wonderin cause i tend to get black screen

Reactions: SPAC3W4IFU

SPAC3W4IFU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
out of curiosity were u able to run MHG on emulator or usb loader gx ?

just wonderin cause i tend to get black screen
It was on a emulator, although I'm aware of that issue with the black screen you mentioned.

Sadly, I don't really remember how I fixed it exactly. I might have used a specific pre-patched ISO or something.

Reactions: Mr_Cheddarcheese

Mr_Cheddarcheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It was on a emulator, although I'm aware of that issue with the black screen you mentioned.

Sadly, I don't really remember how I fixed it exactly. I might have used a specific pre-patched ISO or something.
Oo, Ic Ic

also I did the research and turns out I have to keep pressing "A" until I reach the main menu after booting it up

Last edited by Mr_Cheddarcheese,
Reactions: SPAC3W4IFU

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I want to say thank you for this list! I had seen "Wii Crazy Climber" before which looks interesting but didn't quite make the cut in the original list as it seems like it could be fairly repetitive. But many of the others I had not seen or heard of.

I'm very curious about Negima. Have you played it? I really wish the console had gotten a unique 3d fighter like Power Stone. Both Toshiden and Castlevania Judgment got close but were more traditional. While this isn't quite the same, it seems to have a similar vibe to me.

And the Gundam games were a big surprise. I'm not a Gundam fan so I just grouped them with the Super Robot Wars game which looked really poor visually. MS Sensen has a great deal of options and could be a lot of fun.

If I had my choice, I'd love to see Jawa translated. I messed around with it on Dolphin a little bit and something about the minimalism of the art style really piqued my interest. It seems like a pretty unique game.

Yes!! I do wish it wasn't so expensive. It looks very interesting but the combat concerns me. The visuals look fantastic however.

i also would like to see translated Tales of Graces and Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time 4

Tales of Graces would be neat to see a translation. I have heard there are ways to port the official PS3 translation if you have the right software. But that wouldn't include the Wii mini game or bits of other content that were released for it. Maybe some day someone will make it happen.

Inazuma Eleven Go Strikers 2013 is very high up my list of wanted Wii games. There are a few half-done translations out there but nothing even close to complete.

I've looked at all of them. I was just looking at a review yesterday actually and it seems like the games aren't as strong as the DS versions which is unfortunate. If anyone has impressions, I'd love to hear!

Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen 0079

Actually just picked this up. Haven't played it yet but it looks very interesting with all the options it provides. I'd love a full translation. Have you played it? What do you think?

I would love to play Ougon No Kizuna translated, it's a very weird and hidden wii game but it's also one of my dreams to play it in english!

I can't tell if this is a hidden gem or just a poor game that has some bits and pieces that interest me. I do think the lack of translation kept many people away from playing it and giving impressions, so of course I'd love to see a translation done!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't mention it earlier but I'd love to see a translation of the Sengoku Basara games that were Japanese only. Both 2 Heroes and 3 Utage look very fun.

SPAC3W4IFU

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked at all of them. I was just looking at a review yesterday actually and it seems like the games aren't as strong as the DS versions which is unfortunate. If anyone has impressions, I'd love to hear!
I've played the original one which actually did get an English translation. It's really more of a traditional soccer game with the added insanity you'd expect from the Inazuma games, compared to the DS games which were full-blown RPGS. It's an alright game for what it is, kinda reminds me of a more chaotic version of the football minigame in the London 2012 Mario and Sonic game, which I quite enjoyed. I mostly take issue with how the entire game is basically relies on you using these special moves to win, meaning you have to deal with seeing these long-drawn out animations that get old after a while (but, apparently this is just an issue that every game in the series has, so maybe if you're already a fan, you wouldn't mind it, lol). Doesn't help you have to grind a bit playing the same five minigames to earn more moves for your characters. -.-

From what I can tell, the second one (Xtreme 2012) is just a upgrade with more characters, but the third one (GO: Strikers 2013) actually improves the gameplay a lot in some areas, so hopefully that one gets a translation at some point.

I'm very curious about Negima. Have you played it? I really wish the console had gotten a unique 3d fighter like Power Stone. Both Toshiden and Castlevania Judgment got close but were more traditional. While this isn't quite the same, it seems to have a similar vibe to me.
I don't know how good that Negima game is, but if you want a Power Stone-type game on the Wii, I'd recommend the Billy and Mandy game. Pretty fun title especially if you're a fan of the show.

Reactions: wiiAdventurer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill