Hardware Are Gameboy Micro Discontinued?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck but you might want to re-think that choice. It was discontinued a long time ago and has been sold off cheap in bargain bins since mid 2006, if the US is like the UK there are no brand-new ones left in the high street at all. If you really want to avoid online stores consider preowned consoles, there's some really good quality Micros floating around out there that people brought but never/hardly used. If you're worried about buyer protection try websites of big chain stores rather than small marketplaces.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
no, no, no, i don't sell my brand new GBA Micro Famicom edition!
biggrin.gif

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got an almost brand new micro from ebay for like $40, it was awesome.

get over your fear of buying online, use something like a creditcard or paypal where you can be protected, and don't buy from shady shops or from ebay ppl with 0 feedback.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or buy a pre-paid Visa card from a gas station that you can load up with the money to purchase online.

I remember reading somewhere most identity theft from credit cards is from skimming, not online.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazon UK still have some bright metallic pink ones going for £40, (or £32 from the marketplace), and have one green at £70 which I assume is the last one. They don't ship overseas but might be of interest to someone.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A store by me called Video Palace(a very excellent mom and pop video game store, where I do all my shopping) just had a few new and used ones. So look around for stores like that by you. You probably have one or two of them.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameboy Micro is something I once had and it failed (but got it from someone who never used it but once but had no warranty and it failed...Fami one.)

I just re-bought one today after doing some research. It seems there is a gold mine price for the Micro at one of the usually most ripoff places around -- Gamestop. They sell them used for $35. ONLINE they'll go from like $50-70+ used and NEW is around the $90-100 mark and a bit more for the Famicom version.

I got lucky and called them on a whim after getting depressed over the pricing and got lucky, real lucky. I found a silver/black unit complete in the box that I just bagged and it's quite sweet. I formerly also had the NES style old SP but that front lit screen was such a hard on the eyes wash I got rid of it for another of the MICRO units and it's worth it. It's funny how even though the screen is like 2" that it's still so clear even the smallest details aren't hosed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast