Hardware Are Gameboy Micro Discontinued?

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
increase the size by some with a hard case, that way it gives you a feeling of being able to grip something. I did that with NDSL, it also saves me the problem with the hinges wearing out.

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
impractical design for the buttons and dpad, wouldn't work. it would break pretty fast, since the dpad and buttons have nothing underneath them to hold up after wear and tear. take for example the hinge issue. the right side hinge as no metal reinforcement underneath it to hold up like the left side, instead they put the lights there. If they moved the lights to the center next to the mic and reinforced the right side, the hardware failure rate would drop to a managable level.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
It's been quite some time since I've seen a Micro for sale. Should look into it. I'm curious.

Most people don't know this, but it actually has a sharper screen than any DS model. DS was based on the older GBA and GBA SP design.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well... The DS Lite backlight makes some GBA games look washed out for me, since it's brighter at any setting than a GBA was meant to be.

By "sharper" I was talking about just the distance between pixels. GBA, SP, and both DS models are the same there. Micro has them closer together (that's how Nintendo made its screen smaller without cutting off all 4 edges).

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
The micro feels too small for me though.
I don't like the D-pad and I can't stand the L/R buttons.
The screen feels really small to me too..

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo themselves sold them a few months back at the Pokemon store before it closed down... that was the last of the GB Micro I've heard from them.

QUOTE said:
Well... The DS Lite backlight makes some GBA games look washed out for me, since it's brighter at any setting than a GBA was meant to be.
But the lowest DS Lite brightness setting is the same as the original DS. The colors are just more vibrant IMO. Compare the normal setting and the VGA (poppy bright) setting in No$Gba. That's the DS vs the DS Lite.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
The Micro is sharper than the DS Phat, but definitely not the DS Lite, which has a far superior screen.

i'm gonna go ahead and say no. have you ever put a micro screen next to a DS Lite screen?

the micro has 144Pixels per inch vs the DS' 104 PPI. The DS Lite looks pixelated, while the Micro looks crystal clear...

saying the DS Lite screen is far superior is just wrong... its a technological step backwards.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ndpndnt16 said:
there are some rumors though that nintendo is going to make a new gameboy

if they could make a gameboy with screens like the ones used on the new ipod nano @ 200 PPI, that would be sick.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine used 2 summers ago from a local Game Stop, which still have plenty in stock. I payed about... $25 or $35 for it. Great deal, I love it. Great battery life, nice bright screen and good size. I couldn't be happier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol