Hacking Arc Rise Fantasia Undub - Riivolution

Sylvius

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !
Is there any news about this undub project's advancement ?
Just to know
wink.gif

Thanks !!

double-edge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rurifan said:
There's a full undub with skit voices around now.

Yes but that's if people want to download an undubbed 4GB iso. This would be those who actually bought the game disc and just need the undub patch.

And as Sylvius mentioned, how is the progress going? I thought the making of this undub was supposed to be relatively easy
frown.gif

double-edge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh noes! We're just all eager to try out the patch when it's ready.

Good luck! Well, to both the undubbing project, your thesis, life and stuff
tongue.gif

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was gonna buy this game but when I heard the TERRIBLE English voice acting, I hesitated.
Now if there's gonna be a patch using the original disc (a la Fatal Frame IV), I'd gladly get it!
Thanks to whoever is working on this.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Just curious, why did two different people go through the trouble of undubbing the game if you can turn the voices off entirely? It's not like anyone playing an undub can understand Japanese very well - or else they'd have finished the JP version long ago - so you still have to read everything. And the official translation you see isn't a direct one in most cases, so it's not a good "study tool" for Japanese either.
tongue.gif

betaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(double-edge @ Jun 18 2011, 07:13 PM)
Dead project is dead

It's not dead, it's completed since there is a fully undubbed copy on the internet.
Bumping this because I've located 2 versions, "arc-und" which was horribly done and even the very first intro fight against the feldragon had english lines, then a-arfundub which is the "proper" one, but there are english lines from human enemies mixed with Japanese.

Is there a confirmed correct undub that someone's played through?

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumping this because I've located 2 versions, "arc-und" which was horribly done and even the very first intro fight against the feldragon had english lines, then a-arfundub which is the "proper" one, but there are english lines from human enemies mixed with Japanese.

Is there a confirmed correct undub that someone's played through?

I wonder the same, I can't stand the voices. :(

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I moded Asmodean version, replacing the eleven extra english voices for dummy audio files, so shouldn't be any english voice (not sure if it will cause some characters lost its lines during some cutscenes, anyway only 11 of them has been axed, they aren't long either, about 5 seconds the longest).

L'Arc english battle voice seems to be stored in btl_voice.afs (which is basically a big sized file that contains alot of .adx audio files), so replacing this file with the japanese one made the trick.

I've been playing the game and I haven't heard the "take this!" from L'Arc lol, so I guess it's a good start.

Reactions: Deletedmember331810

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1