Hacking Arc Rise Fantasia Undub - Riivolution

takumiv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UVERoo said:
Hmm. Well the ToS:DotNW undub was an .iso with the voices already inserted. I'm guessing someone will make packed .iso for this game just like FFIV. Will wait for that. Thanks for the hard work. =)

That would be nice (since I play through back ups)
smile.gif

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@UVERoo: That would be mine. But it's more difficult for this game since there are added voices, unreplacable voices and deactivated skit voices.
I also hoped to make a patch instead of uploading the whole .iso this time to be able to post it here, but xdelta doesn't seem to like that so much is changed and therefore the patch is as big as the game itself...
Well, I'll do a bit of testing with the current simple undub (with the 2 last problems not solved) and maybe post it here.

naoan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Majin Vegeta said:
@UVERoo: That would be mine. But it's more difficult for this game since there are added voices, unreplacable voices and deactivated skit voices.
I also hoped to make a patch instead of uploading the whole .iso this time to be able to post it here, but xdelta doesn't seem to like that so much is changed and therefore the patch is as big as the game itself...
Well, I'll do a bit of testing with the current simple undub (with the 2 last problems not solved) and maybe post it here.

I'm sorry but could you upload the japanese files needed to undub the game? I have the english game and had some experience with wiiscrubber as well replacing file with it, so I'd like to do it myself as getting the japanese game is out of question for me...

Thank you very much

takumiv1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majin Vegeta said:

Awesome! Looking forward to it!
yaywii.gif

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
takumiv1 said:
UVERoo said:
Hmm. Well the ToS:DotNW undub was an .iso with the voices already inserted. I'm guessing someone will make packed .iso for this game just like FFIV. Will wait for that. Thanks for the hard work. =)

That would be nice (since I play through back ups)
smile.gif

Bullshit. You play through piracy
smile.gif

Was there a FFIV undub or something?
takumiv1 said:
QUOTE(Majin Vegeta @ Jul 30 2010, 12:29 AM)

Awesome! Looking forward to it!
yaywii.gif
Can the patching abilities built in to WIT help you at all?

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not sure.... but I think it may have started at the third post in this thread.

I am not sure why, but I think that the people here just like to use ISOs for some reason.

I hope that answers your question.

As for the project, I hope it takes off, since I have heard good things about it (except for the English dub
laugh.gif
), and I am going to get it when the PAL version comes out in my country.... whenever that will be...

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
@Majin Vegeta
Aahh. Well whatever happens thank you. Theres already been a rough undub release but I'll wait and see how many are released and which one is best.

@W hat
No there wasn't any Fatal Frame undub. All the translation was suppose to run off the SD card but users managed to add all that content to an .iso and upload it. Which was simpler for people to play who already had homebrew. I play everything off my external drive as its easier and cleaner for me.

Maverynthia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the undub, I there will be a patch released for those than cannot bear to support such bad voice acting with their money.

Sometimes it's simply amazing how much a good undub can do to a game :3

Pegasos123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt there a way to remove these aditional voice clips from the US version? Ô.ô
...hmm perhaps trade them against audio clips which are soundless

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A site has a download link for an 'undub'. They say they don't know the source - the place they got it from didn't say.

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know this will probably never be taken to test in court, but I wonder if this project could be considered piracy. You're either lifting the eng text into the jap version or vice versa (or doing your own horrible xlation, not likely the case). Does the EULA specify anything about regions/licensing? They might differentiate between owning a legitimate copy/license for USA and Japan.

Don't bitch, it's just as silly as the GPL police. Please reply with something constructive, I'm honestly more curious if anyone has considered this than anything else, not trying to be a troll.

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GPL enforcement is not silly. There is an easy and well-known way to make your program legal that is available to everyone. Whereas it is simply impossible to get a legit undub version of this game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thesund0g said:
GPL enforcement is silly in that ultimately, what are you gonna do? Take someone to court over it?
It already happened with professional developers using GPL'ed ScummVM. they excused themselves and removed the games from the shops.
GPL is legally acknowledged in many countries' courts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated