TempusC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
This is currently a placeholder topic. I’ve had it in my mind to make an undub for Arc Rise Fantasia since hearing about it earlier. Given the amount of threads I’ve seen pop up lately, I thought I’d put this up.

I am in the process of making an undub for Arc Rise Fantasia. It should not be difficult - I have already identified all the audio files.

The Undub will work with Riivolution. I am a co-creator of Riivolution.

In the mean time, until I get this up or someone else posts something similar, here are some stats.

-------------------------------------JP------------ENG----------

# of Event Voices--------------12, 771--------7, 328---------
Filesize of Voice Clips-----------676.3--------342.9 MB------

In addition, nearly every ENG voice clip is smaller in filesize than the original JP equivalent. Lower quality encode, perhaps? Also - there are 11 NEW english voice clips, with no JP equivalent. They kind dropped the ball on that, huh?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
thanks for edit your post...!!
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yay! But I hope the European publisher (Rising Star Games, whom I love dearly) includes the Japanese audio. Do you also intend to fix some of the clunky sentences? Seriously, the English translation is really badly written.
TempusC said:
Also - there are 11 NEW english voice clips, with no JP equivalent. They kind dropped the ball on that, huh?
Who dropped the ball? If you mean the translators/publishers, surely it's just a case of something that can be said succinctly in Japanese, having to be made into two boxes of text (and 2 voice clips to accompany them) to say it in English. Do you count that as messing up in some way?
I hope that I don't seem interrogatory, it's just that confused me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I support the idea of an undub, but it really isn't THAT necessary. If you want to get rid of the bad voice acting, just go to Options and choose Voice as silent.

But, I hope you guys succeed!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That could sound very dumb, but could the undub be made on the other side ?
Using the japanese ISO to inject english text, instead of english ISO with JP voices ? (that way, no need to code the Skits voices back)

I don't know if there's an easy way to extract and reinsert the text, I didn't see a text pack, that must be part of the main binary.

That was just an idea thrown like that.
Just wondering which one would be easier to accomplish.

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
That could sound very dumb, but could the undub be made on the other side ?
Using the japanese ISO to inject english text, instead of english ISO with JP voices ? (that way, no need to code the Skits voices back)

I don't know if there's an easy way to extract and reinsert the text, I didn't see a text pack, that must be part of the main binary.

That was just an idea thrown like that.
Just wondering which one would be easier to accomplish.
You mean like the Suikoden Teirkreis "undub" (that was a text insertion, because there were some music problems with the basic audio file swap)? It would be nice to make it so the "skits" are voiced again. I agree, if you wanted to do that, I think a text swap might be better.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on making my own undub as well. I'm still near the beginning of the game, but so far it seems to be mostly in Japanese. I say "mostly", because sometimes I'll hear L'arc say "take that!' or "see ya!" during battle, though most of the battle dialogue, all of the movies and misc. dialogue is in Japanese. These are the files/directories I've replaced with those from the Japanese version:

- /btl/btl_voice.afs
- /event/voice/
- /movies/
- /minigame/voice/

Does anyone know what could be causing the occasional English voice to pop up? I thought I got everything, but I guess not.

edit: I read elsewhere that the US version of the game actually has 9 or so audio files that the Japanese version doesn't have, so it may not be possible to rectify this. At least everything that should be in Japanese is, though.

misteroms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually the text swap idea seems really smart ! It may lead to an undub superior US Release with Skits fully dubbed in japanese with US text !

Quiet Interesting !

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sudo said:
I've been working on making my own undub as well. I'm still near the beginning of the game, but so far it seems to be mostly in Japanese. I say "mostly", because sometimes I'll hear L'arc say "take that!' or "see ya!" during battle, though most of the battle dialogue, all of the movies and misc. dialogue is in Japanese. These are the files/directories I've replaced with those from the Japanese version:

- /btl/btl_voice.afs
- /event/voice/
- /movies/
- /minigame/voice/

Does anyone know what could be causing the occasional English voice to pop up? I thought I got everything, but I guess not.
Dude how did you get all those files back on the iso? I just keep messing up and it deletes everything. Or did you just replace each file one by one? b/c if you did, how long did it take?

farcry15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there also going to be a redub patch? like so i can have japanese text with english voices? that would be great.

TempusC

OP
Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
To address some questions.

There are some English voices in this game for which Japanese equivalents do not exist. This means your failed attempts at an undub still have English stuff because you didn’t axe them.

There is very, very very many things in this game for which an English translation or voice clip was not provided. Going in reverse by applying the English text to the Japanese game is not really an option for this reason - also, that kind of defeats the point of using Riivolution for this.

Sudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TempusC said:
To address some questions.

There are some English voices in this game for which Japanese equivalents do not exist. This means your failed attempts at an undub still have English stuff because you didn’t axe them.

There is very, very very many things in this game for which an English translation or voice clip was not provided. Going in reverse by applying the English text to the Japanese game is not really an option for this reason - also, that kind of defeats the point of using Riivolution for this.
I figured it was something like that. Is there any way to get rid of those added voices?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/aHReK9x7e4E?si=PQEzHDwveOnAwiSY lol gang gang