Homebrew Apparently Nintendo is removing Games off of ROM websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
that's what i mean with my previous post..
we should have a list of info about the roms, checksums and whatnot..
theese roms will be harder to find, and we need to make sure when "our friends" try to get them, they can verify they got exactly what they did try to find...
i hate thoose custom intro roms or modified ones (there was a modified fire red that the boat dude told the player to buy the game or die, and everyone thought it was AP)
That thing you're talking about, I believe that is pretty much what No-Intro project was made for, isn't it?
They maintain a database for the best and cleanest dumps only, yet their site has no copyrighted content whatsoever.
Their no-intro romsets can still be downloaded somewhere else (even though, it may be challenging to find them now).

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That thing you're talking about, I believe that is pretty much what No-Intro project was made for, isn't it?
They maintain a database for the best and cleanest dumps only, yet their site has no copyrighted content whatsoever.
Their no-intro romsets can still be downloaded somewhere else (even though, it may be challenging to find them now).
This is useful, thanks.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, time to finish downloading full rom sets from that site that no one seems to remember...

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoolROM hasn't had any Nintendo ROMS in around four years, they were taken down back in 2013. People are probably just reporting on these things now to attract viewers and to seem like Nintendo is on crackdown. It's always going to be this way, where Nintendo slowly takes down sites with their ROMS on it.

Last edited by orangy57,
Reactions: Pacheko17

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah idk who said that.
It's something everyone knows. I just want to remind people.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can they remove the websites where the titles are downloaded from, thus rendering freeshop usesless. If they were able to pull it off
They would have already done it.

Three-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Freeshop still has the games
I made the post to draw awareness because they could do something in the near future to mess with freeshop/ROM websites

It's something everyone knows. I just want to remind people.

They would already do it.
well this is a step showing that they could/might

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Cant they remove the websites where the titles are downloaded from, thus rendering freeshop usesless. If they were able to pull it off
No lol, freeshop uses the same servers as eshop to download stuff, if they took down the server, normal legit eshop users wouldn't be able to download anything either.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CoolROM hasn't had any Nintendo ROMS in around four years, they were taken down back in 2013. People are probably just reporting on these things now to attract viewers and to seem like Nintendo is on crackdown. It's always going to be this way, where Nintendo slowly takes down sites with their ROMS on it.
I knew about CoolROM since way back when Nintendont was heavily in development. That's when they were taken down, yes.

But Nintendo is going after Emuparadise and Loverom as well.
I know for a fact since I downloaded Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World (USA) this Monday I believe to use as the base ROM for a hack of mine, and for Wednesday the ROM was taken down. No longer available for download due to DMCA.

They are starting another DMCA wave.

1qpdsk.jpg

Three-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No lol, freeshop uses the same servers as eshop to download stuff, if they took down the server, normal legit eshop users wouldn't be able to download anything either.
So the titlekeys website is just for getting the QR code/download that regardless goes through the eshop to download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill