gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Well now we're gonna have to protect the history of these games, as EmuParadise till has a lot of items, I recommend uploading all that you have to a private dropbox, share them as much as possible, and uploading them to https://archive.org/
They may still be taken down from archive, however.

Welp, I do have fullsets of a number of platforms, may upload them at some time.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ughh, all of them? Or just Ninty's?
I Believe all of them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah because those rom sites were all about preservation, right?
thats why they openly preserved them for everyone on releaseday from the getgo.
Not to make this a piracy debate, but I side with the romhacking community on this one, these sites have not injured any of nintendo's income, Nintendo does not manufacture or make any profit on any old systems, making rom's a grey area. I do side that these roms did not not hurt any business below the GBA from my understanding.

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Uh, aside from the pokemon/whichever removed ones, the rest are still there, and besides, as long as torrenting/certain sites exist, any rom will be in circulation one way or another, basic fearmongering right there.

ALSO, if I'm not mistaken, they are being taken down cause Nintendo has a plan for them? They wouldn't take down certain and leave the rest out cold.

Last edited by hidd12,
Reactions: proflayton123

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Uh, aside from the pokemon/whichever removed ones, the rest are still there, and besides, as long as torrenting/certain sites exist, any rom will be in circulation one way or another, basic fearmongering right there.
I do sound like a bit crazy I know, but a certain cool emulator site has removed all nintendo related roms and Paradise has removed massive collections from my understanding. I recommend backing up all the ROMS you do have in case something worse happens.

Edit:
No more mario, or pokemon on paradise.

Last edited by Luglige, , Reason: fixed the edit

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I do sound like a bit crazy I know, but a certain cool emulator site has removed all nintendo related roms and Paradise has removed massive collections from my understanding. I recommend backing up all the ROMS you do have in case something worse happens.

Edit:
No more mario, or pokemon on paradise.

I'll say it again, paradise and such are basically open as fuck to anything and anyone, a lot of people know such sites, ofc they'd be the first ones hit. Besides, romsets exist on torrents, a lot of people have romsets backed up in case something stupid happens

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll say it again, paradise and such are basically open as fuck to anything and anyone, a lot of people know such sites, ofc they'd be the first ones hit. Besides, romsets exist on torrents, a lot of people have romsets backed up in case something stupid happens
All I'm saying is back up your roms incase something does happen, the power of law is funny.

Three-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ALSO, if I'm not mistaken, they are being taken down cause Nintendo has a plan for them? They wouldn't take down certain and leave the rest out cold.
Maybe they were taking it down first because they were the most played or the Iconic Nintendo games. Maybe rest to follow?

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe they were taking it down first because they were the most played or the Iconic Nintendo games. Maybe rest to follow?
Which is my fear, if they decide to, some people aren't as savvy as others, and I believe that if they don't make money at all this shouldn't be done,.

Reactions: Three-

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

Could be, wasn't there someone saying they're planning "something something roms online for switch come n get what you cant for free oh wait"

Also worth noting, SEGA would have done this eons ago, with all of the collections for pc/ps/etc, but nothing happened

Last edited by hidd12,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah because those rom sites were all about preservation, right?
thats why they openly preserved them for everyone on releaseday from the getgo.
I doesn't matter what the popular belief is.
Should movie industries start removing backed up copies of old movies as well?
What if suddenly Universal came in and took copyright again of all the 30/40s flicks and removes them from public availability?
What about the original releases of Star Wars?

Say what you want but the history of gaming is just as valuable as any other popular media today, and preservation of said media is key to its history.

Even so, the hacking community will be hit the worst here.
And ROM hacking is such a wonderful art, I'd love to see most people siding with Nintendo now when they give a thought that without emulation and hacking we wouldn't have things like the Mother 3 translation, heck even any translation, and not to mention all of the incredible technical hacks for other games.

Just look at Sonic Mania, if you didn't know, the guy in charge of that game started as a Sonic romhacker, and he did tge Android ports of Sonic 1 and 2 as well.

This is a bold move by Nintendo, and I will not side with them in this in any way.
This means war for me, and I'll do everything I can to avoid this empirical shit.

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm but i dont see any titles on it anymore, and when i select the qr icon, it doesnt give me an qr code

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I doesn't matter what the popular belief is.
Should movie industries start removing backed up copies of old movies as well?
What if suddenly Universal came in and took copyright again of all the 30/40s flicks and removes them from public availability?
What about the original releases of Star Wars?

Say what you want but the history of gaming is just as valuable as any other popular media today, and preservation of said media is key to its history.

Even so, the hacking community will be hit the worst here.
And ROM hacking is such a wonderful art, I'd love to see most people siding with Nintendo now when they give a thought that without emulation and hacking we wouldn't have things like the Mother 3 translation, heck even any translation, and not to mention all of the incredible technical hacks for other games.

Just look at Sonic Mania, if you didn't know, the guy in charge of that game started as a Sonic romhacker, and he did tge Android ports of Sonic 1 and 2 as well.

This is a bold move by Nintendo, and I will not side with them in this in any way.
This means war for me, and I'll do everything I can to avoid this empirical shit.
This is exactly how I believe, and again, I can't stress this enough. Archive, Archive, Archive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker