Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The paradise one has most notable first party titles removed and even some 3rd party ones like the SNES Street Fighter titles removed.

I get that they're protecting their intellectual property and have every right to, but aside from virtual console (which a lot of titles aren't on) they're not going to make any money off of.

If they had some sort of digital download service where you could buy ROMs for personal use (outside of virtual console, like buy ANY game worth playing) and charged less than VC prices then they'd actually make some money. There wouldn't be as much of a reason to pirate if you could buy NES and SNES games for like $1 or $2. Of course this would also be terrible for used game stores.
the paradise site still have their complete rom sets up though

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoy the "Golden Age of Video Games" series of ROM packs that are on a certain demon-themed torrent site, they're not complete ROM sets but they are all individually tested and curated. Highly recommended. There's even a DS ROM pack that fits nicely on a 32gb SD *wink wink*

nitroBW

warum nicht?
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Honestly this thread revolves more and more about piracy and is less of a discussion about preservation.
I really think this can get closed, enough links were shared, if people are desperate they can either read through this thread or use google :l

Reactions: Spectral Blizzard

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly this thread revolves more and more about piracy and is less of a discussion about preservation.
I really think this can get closed, enough links were shared, if people are desperate they can either read through this thread or use google :l
I don't think that's really too bad as long as links stop being posted. I mean this is a hacking site with sections on flashcards amd CFW so to pretend that nobody is pirating is just silly. I mean don't call people who buy games they like idiots or sheep or something retarded or talk about how game developers can go fuck yourself.

Honestly the whole "preservation" thing rom sites say seema like it's just a thin defense. They know you're downloading games to play and that's why they have the disclaimers.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Preservation is first of all about dumping ROMs. Distributing them is secondary, though it (can) help.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Preservation is first of all about dumping ROMs. Distributing them is secondary, though it (can) help.
I can understand if they're kept on a private server, but making them available for download is another story. At that point you're illegally distributing copyrighted content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1