Status
Not open for further replies.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just searched for Leaf Green and Advance Wars and found quite a few places on the first page that still have them for download, though one site wanted to install a firefox extension but worked fine when I refused to allow it.
Same here. I downloaded some, but some came with errors. I don't know if it was because the VC Injection was bad, or if i did something wrong, or if the rom was faily. But it was a bit hard to find.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
iirc, the GBA ROMset had a modified Pokemon Emerald with a custom intro
yeah that's kinda shitty...
usually there are "newer" versions (like a clean version) and romsets get kinda outdated.. with either missing some rare titles..

we at gbatemp (maybe on our kinda abandoned wikitemp) should create a page with lists of roms of every old console with their titles, checksums version and misc info...
we can't be "pwoned" by distribution or something like that..
why i am asking this.. as a way to thoose who own roms and sets and stuff, can verify they own the real deal..
the problem with storage is getting stuff corrupted and broken...
and would made easier to translators and romhack makers..
since i found out about checksums i really love to use them when i can.. i use emulators, flashcarts etc.. and when things are not working instead of downloading the file again and copy it again, i can checksum it and verify it's a bad download or bad copy etc (and when trying to troubleshoot i can rage at thoose guys who reply it's a corrupted file or something)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Same here. I downloaded some, but some came with errors. I don't know if it was because the VC Injection was bad, or if i did something wrong, or if the rom was faily. But it was a bit hard to find.

Try running it in a PC gba emulator or two first. Also, try verifying the checksum is of a proper release. Windows users can use this to add a checksum tag to the right click menu. (the contextconsole shell extension from the same site is also handy as it adds options to open a command prompt/elevated command prompt in explorer without having to hold down shift)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
that's what i mean with my previous post..
we should have a list of info about the roms, checksums and whatnot..
theese roms will be harder to find, and we need to make sure when "our friends" try to get them, they can verify they got exactly what they did try to find...
i hate thoose custom intro roms or modified ones (there was a modified fire red that the boat dude told the player to buy the game or die, and everyone thought it was AP)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try running it in a PC gba emulator or two first. Also, try verifying the checksum is of a proper release. Windows users can use this to add a checksum tag to the right click menu. (the contextconsole shell extension from the same site is also handy as it adds options to open a command prompt/elevated command prompt in explorer without having to hold down shift)
i use this one: http://implbits.com/products/hashtab/

D

Deleted User

Woot woot! Let's go Nintendo!

Seriously guys, this is good for Big N. Luckily I got MH XX earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy