• Views 11,188
  • Replies 104
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP
zelda-wii-u-3.png

(image from zelda wii u tech demo, not indicative of final game)​

“The thing about Zelda is we want everything to be unique, whether it’s the graphical presentation or the gameplay,” Aonuma tells Nintendo Life.

It has to be something you can’t see anywhere else. We wouldn’t want it to be ultra-realistic because you can see that elsewhere. But I can’t say that it’s going to be cartoony-realistic like you mentioned, the fantastic presentation that we’ve already done in the past. It will be something new.”

Aonuma also says that Nintendo are considering add-on content for future Zelda games, such as adding new areas to explore, but that they’d need to be careful about making sure that the additional content is worth its price.

:arrow: Source

Reactions: 431unknown

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's more interesting is the prospect of (apparently) paid DLC from Nintendo (or perhaps the costs of developing additional content?). Didn't they say that their DLC would be free? : OO

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fancy looking. I've always enjoyed the unique art style LoZ has had throughout its many 3d iterations. I'll be looking forward to this one too.

EDIT: Wow, reading source say that is from Wii U tech demo, I'm assuming this means it was running on the Wii U. Who says the Wii U is old, that looks impressive.

Reactions: Metoroid0

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
What's more interesting is the prospect of (apparently) paid DLC from Nintendo (or perhaps the costs of developing additional content?). Didn't they say that their DLC would be free? : OO

They've added DLC for Fire Emblem Awakening, and I'd have to say that the maps are worth the price. They do offer new maps against characters from other games in the series for free via spot pass too, though I'm not sure if that counts as DLC.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear that they're moving away from Skyward Sword's art style. I don't know, it didn't sit well with me. The characters' faces looked really sort of odd and flat. It was a half step between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and just suffered for it.

As for DLC, if Nintendo can provide great additional content at a reasonable price, I more than welcome the move. It'll certainly be a nice treat for Zelda fans and a nice source of revenue for Nintendo. Everyone wins.

Reactions: chavosaur

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does dlc in pokemon mystery dungeon count? you'll have to pay about 15€ for all the extra dungeons...
honestly, I don't like the thought of paying to visit extra places... not in a zelda game. really not.

that's just a step away from paying for a Level 3 Sword or a Longer Hookshot...

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
does dlc in pokemon mystery dungeon count? you'll have to pay about 15€ for all the extra dungeons...
honestly, I don't like the thought of paying to visit extra places... not in a zelda game. really not.

Well it really all depends on how they implement it. I would be perfectly fine if its just extra puzzle dungeons. But if they start charging you to pay for main integral part of the story, I'm out. This could both go really well, but also really wrong at the same time.

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
They haven't said anything about the style now except that its NEW and never seen before. Personally speaking I prefer a colorful Zelda over a dark one. But that's just me. Twilight Princess is a fantastic game but it did not age well. Wind Waker and Skyward Sword fared much better. Perhaps something like this: http://img.clevvertv.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/tangled-island.jpg would be very much fitting :)

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Today I watched the E3 videos in the eShop and I'm not impressed at all. ALL Nintendo games look over 10 years old and lame. They are taking backward steps with all their games. None look good, none can compare to the PS3/360 and they are about 20 years away from coming close to PS4/xboned.
They have released a huge flop with the WiiU. Its nothing compared to last gen consoles (PS3/360) so how did they expect to get buyers? And re-releasing games is just lame. Mario hasn't changed in many years. Its the same game just with a coat of paint, some updated graphics for a new console. BUT that Mario new 3D mario is a LOT better than Super Mario Bros WiiU but its still not what I call new. It still looks really old like a PS1 game.

What Nintendo really need to do is stop their in-house games as they are just lame now and give a lot more support to 3rd party devs.
How can you sell more consoles with the same game over and over? Mario Kart 8? Its never changed for all 8 versions. Its still the same characters in the same cars driving around the same tracks. The only thing changed is the console your playing it on.

For kids that are so young they weren't born when the previous version came out then it might be ok but those kids don't own the kind of money to afford those consoles or the price of the games. Their parents see the name "Mario Kart" and refuse to buy it as they already own 3 Mario Karts on 3 different consoles so why would they want to buy a 4th version of the same game? And they also played Super Mario Bro's when they were kids so why would they pay $100 for a game that's 20 year old?

Rant over. I'm just annoyed I brought a WiiU and that's the kind of things they release for it. I will probably get Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4 just so the console will get some use, BUT as I get achievements and trophies on other consoles the WiiU isn't really the desired console to buy games for that are multi-platform games.

I don't like any type of DLC as that's just lame. SO they make a game but force you to pay extra for parts they could've put in the game anyway?
The only time DLC is ok is when it's made AFTER the game is already released. If they make the DLC alongside making the full game then it should be in the game already.
I remember when I first dealt with DLC, that was Quake 2 DLC. It was made about 1 year AFTER Quake 2 was released and it was free. It was a THANK YOU for so many sales and so many happy, loyal fans.
These days there is nothing like that any more. The devs don't care for gamers and they only care for the money they make. If they make lots of money then they release DLC at a high price to make even more money.

WHERE are the days when the game devs released things to thank the gamer? and WHERE is all the free stuff gone?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those concerned about DLC

Did I imagine
Zelda DX
The master quest games
The Oracles titles having bonus features should you be playing on a GBA.
The remakes/ports/emulators.

Nintendo are already no strangers to squeezing a bit more profit out a Zelda game.

Reactions: clarky
D

Dork

OP
Today I watched the E3 videos in the eShop and I'm not impressed at all. ALL Nintendo games look over 10 years old and lame. They are taking backward steps with all their games. None look good, none can compare to the PS3/360 and they are about 20 years away from coming close to PS4/xboned.
They have released a huge flop with the WiiU. Its nothing compared to last gen consoles (PS3/360) so how did they expect to get buyers? And re-releasing games is just lame. Mario hasn't changed in many years. Its the same game just with a coat of paint, some updated graphics for a new console. BUT that Mario new 3D mario is a LOT better than Super Mario Bros WiiU but its still not what I call new. It still looks really old like a PS1 game.

Mario Kart 8? Its never changed for all 8 versions. Its still the same characters in the same cars driving around the same tracks. The only thing changed is the console your playing it on.

For kids that are so young they weren't born when the previous version came out then it might be ok but those kids don't own the kind of money to afford those consoles or the price of the games. Their parents see the name "Mario Kart" and refuse to buy it as they already own 3 Mario Karts on 3 different consoles so why would they want to buy a 4th version of the same game? And they also played Super Mario Bro's when they were kids so why would they pay $100 for a game that's 20 year old?

gr8 b8 m8

And why did you post this here? I think you got the wrong thread buddy.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
crap..if they are considering pay DLC for this, than smash brothers 4 is already fucked

I can already see it; PREORDER THE DLC, SEASON PASS, TRADE IN 4 GAMES TOWARDS LOZ WITH A BUTTFUCKING AND GET THE GIANT WALLET AND "EXCLUSIVE" BOW. CARRY MORE RUPEES AND DEFEAT MORE. ONLY FROM GAMESTOP :glare:

*goes back to n64*

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crap..if they are considering pay DLC for this, than smash brothers 4 is already fucked

I can already see it; PREORDER THE DLC, SEASON PASS, TRADE IN 4 GAMES TOWARDS LOZ WITH A BUTTFUCKING AND GET THE GIANT WALLET AND INVENTORY. CARRY MORE ITEMS AND MONEY. ONLY FROM GAMESTOP :glare:
this is not capcom we are talking about

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rant over. I'm just annoyed I brought a WiiU and that's the kind of things they release for it. I will probably get Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed 4 just so the console will get some use, BUT as I get achievements and trophies on other consoles the WiiU isn't really the desired console to buy games for that are multi-platform games.

I don't like any type of DLC as that's just lame. SO they make a game but force you to pay extra for parts they could've put in the game anyway?
The only time DLC is ok is when it's made AFTER the game is already released. If they make the DLC alongside making the full game then it should be in the game already.
I remember when I first dealt with DLC, that was Quake 2 DLC. It was made about 1 year AFTER Quake 2 was released and it was free. It was a THANK YOU for so many sales and so many happy, loyal fans.
These days there is nothing like that any more. The devs don't care for gamers and they only care for the money they make. If they make lots of money then they release DLC at a high price to make even more money.

WHERE are the days when the game devs released things to thank the gamer? and WHERE is all the free stuff gone?

If you purchased a wii U on now broken promises then I might be inclined to say fair play (though historical precedent says wait), if you purchased it otherwise then is it not the case that you are the proverbial fool?

"already released"
It is popularly held that many pieces of DLC are made between making the final build and the game being released. How does that figure into it?

"alongside making the full game then it should be in the game already"
Paid optional extras is a popular business model...... everywhere actually. Why should this not be the case here?

"a THANK YOU for so many sales and so many happy, loyal fans."
The cynic within would say that is a marketing tactic. Even back in the day long tail sales were not so much of a thing and if you could get a resurgence (though the game was already built for modders as a way to try for the long tail) then carry on.

"[thanks to the fans DLC --] there is nothing like that any more."
http://www.gamesradar.com/super-meat-boy-gets-140-new-levels/ ? http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Bungie_Day ? http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content ? http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Add-on_content ? http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/ (granted this one is a bit older)? https://www.2kgamesinternational.co...rative-multiplayer-free-bonus-content-now-ava ? http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Fable_III_Downloadable_Content ? The list goes on for some time.
For the opposite example of things back when costing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_Lemmings (though that did eventually go free). Likewise what you call DLC many before would have called expansion packs.

"If they make lots of money then they release DLC at a high price to make even more money."
Popular game gets some more content.... makes sense.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o