• Replies 104
  • Likes 1

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what if i told you 1/3 of the world can't afford food. Like i said microsoft isnt targeting the whole world to buy it's console. Sharing news and making people jealous of your stuff is social media right now somebody will buy one and then will Instagram it like Apple fans who are buying overpriced products too look cool.

I'm not talking about people who can't afford food, I'm talking about BIG gaming communities who will not be able to buy it or import it, and YET can buy the competition (PS4): Poland, Portugal, Romania, well most of Eastern Europe! Half of Europe will NOT be able to use it even if they purchase it! Then there's the Asian delay! ASIA THE BIGGEST GAMING COMMUNITY IN THE WORLD!

They are not targeting the whole world and they are making a big mistake about it! Think about it, the developers of The Witcher 3, CDProjekt RED, will NOT be able to play THEIR OWN game on a Xbox 1! And the Witcher 3 was announced as a big title for the console in E3!

You still dare say that M$ is taking the right approach to market their console?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Ignoring three pages of butthurt and general idiocy for the most part:
You all realize that tech demo was to impress investors and the like, correct? Of course it's going to look beautiful and great because even if it's essentially a false promise, it's money. Anybody remember the FF7 tech demo for the PS3? Beautiful and existing for no other reason to entice people of all sorts, from investors to potential customers.

The odds are high that the final product won't resemble that in the least, and will in no way appear to take even close to full advantage of what the Wii U is capable of. Nintendo is known for playing it safe; they are not known for pushing their hardware as close to its limits as they can to make a beautiful, mind blowing experience. That simply isn't their style of game making. They aren't risk takers where their games are involved. They will always play it safe.

Anyways, as far as I know, Legend of Zelda for the Wii U isn't even in the development stage yet. I didn't search too hard, but there is little out there that seems to specifically reference it and its current progress. This bit of news simply tells us what we should potentially expect once the game is being made.
Dude, what? If anything Nintendo is known for pushing their own hardware to the limit. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade or Metroid Prime for the Wii and what they managed to do with such weak hardware.

It's rather presumptous to say that the next Zelda will "play it safe" in terms of visuals. Iwata has already acknowledged the fact that people expect Zelda to be a high-budget affair.

"Take The Legend of Zelda franchise, for example, the fans must be looking for the graphic representations that they do not see as cheap at all when the title is released for the Wii U. When it is necessary, we do not hesitate to role out our resources."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-be-drawn-into-expensive-tech-race-with-wii-u

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, what? If anything Nintendo is known for pushing their own hardware to the limit. Just look at Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade or Metroid Prime for the Wii and what they managed to do with such weak hardware.

I'll be honest, I played Xenoblade and I thought it kinda looked mediocre. Like it was a stone's throw from FFXII. It's hardly "pushing the hardware" as much as Super Mario Galaxy was which was almost close to a Xbox 360 or PS3 game. Xenoblade was... not even close. Sure you could throw it through an emulator and pump it out on much better hardware but it still doesn't look as good.

abdelmajidtolba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Now compare those PS1 games against Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Bros WiiU as they look about the same graphically.
That really shows your ''keen eye'' and your ''gaming experience.I bet you never owned a WII-U nor a Wii...:rolleyes:

Compare Nintendo games to Xbox/PS3 games. Nintendo have games like Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros and PS3/Xbox360 have games like The Last Of Us, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Grid 2. They are both in a different league. The WiiU doesn't even come close to last gen graphics and its supposed to be next gen?
Just so you know: the WII-U is capable of graphics better than The last of Us,its up to Dev to Develop these games.

When will Nintendo stop making crap looking games and start on trying to catch up to the other consoles? I would love to see a Zelda game on the Skyrim engine. Or how about Mario in the Last Of Us universe. They can easily release Mario Kart 8 and Supier Mario Bros WiiU on the Gamecube as those games aren't graphically intensive or even need a fast CPU. They are lame if you ask me.
Actually these assumptions make me almost sure youre an 09er (Love HD graphics,despise ninty,hate classics,love FPS...etc) or relatively new to gaming in general or........................Utterly Stupid.

Even Lego Undercover looks old. They could've done so much more but they dont. I'm not sure if the console cant handle it or they just dont want to use the power if it. Whatever reason they are really holding back and way behind what the others bring.
The only fair word you said in your posts

The PS4/Xboned will both kick the WiiU's ass as the PS3/Xbox360 already do that.
A real 09er Phraseology

And yea, I got all consoles, I've been gaming a lot longer than most of you have been alive. I've played more games than you can think of so I know what I'm talking about.
Im 26 and consider myself a kid compared to my Sempais here like costello and others.Spouting this nonsense about being more experienced in gaming in the world biggest Ninty related forums will only make you look like an Idiot.
Dont get me wrong youre not alone in this fallacious opinions,alot of other 09ers (in age or mentality) will agree with you but only time will make you understand...:p1ng:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That really shows your ''keen eye'' and your ''gaming experience.I bet you never owned a WII-U nor a Wii...:rolleyes:

Actually these assumptions make me almost sure youre an 09er (Love HD graphics,despise ninty,hate classics,love FPS...etc) or relatively new to gaming in general or........................Utterly Stupid.

A real 09er Phraseology

Im 26 and consider myself a kid compared to my Sempais here like costello and others.Spouting this nonsense about being more experienced in gaming in the world biggest Ninty related forums will only make you look like an Idiot.
Dont get me wrong youre not alone in this fallacious opinions,alot of other 09ers (in age or mentality) will agree with you but only time will make you understand...:p1ng:

Thought I'd highlight the most egotistical snooty and downright stupid parts of this post. YOUNG KIDS DON'T APPRECIATE THINGS LIKE I DO DURR DURR.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats a snooty?

Basically saying "You 09ers don't know and all you appreciate is this and that while I, an older person (of a whopping 26 years old) appreciate BETTER games than you."

EDIT: I suggest you stop getting your steed stoned because you shouldn't be riding a high horse.

Reactions: Gahars

abdelmajidtolba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Basically saying "You 09ers don't know and all you appreciate is this and that while I, an older person (of a whopping 26 years old) appreciate BETTER games than you."

Actually that's exactly what I didn't want to be understood !
I'm saying I'm 26 and still do not understand gaming like let's say an amiga or msx dude.
in my understanding gaming should be evaluated in a chronological way: a dude that have played zelda day one on nes and played other zelda has more insight than an 09er that started with wind waker.
It is all got down to whoever has more ''experience'' and age.
I don't get for instance commodore 64 guys who regret old games but I have huge respect for them.

Back to topic. Don't know about you guys but for me nintendo had always that experimental attitude toward their gamings. I remember the huge fuzz the community made when miyamoto suggested cell shading for wind waker that end up pretty nice visually.
Also artistically speaking can you imagine zelda in frosbite engine? its just not fit the game universe.
While you're at it why not request unreal engine for pikmin 3...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually that's exactly what I didn't want to be understood !
I'm saying I'm 26 and still do not understand gaming like let's say an amiga or msx dude.
in my understanding gaming should be evaluated in a chronological way: a dude that have played zelda day one on nes and played other zelda has more insight than an 09er that started with wind waker.
It is all got down to whoever has more ''experience'' and age.
I don't get for instance commodore 64 guys who regret old games but I have huge respect for them.

That's so incredibly ageist and pretentious that it slays me. You're basically saying that age makes one opinion better than the other. I don't necessarily like "the classics" (whose definition is incredibly broad) and I enjoy modern gaming more than "retro" gaming but I don't think my opinion should be considered null or lesser just because someone played Zelda on the NES.

Age doesn't determine credibility, credibility determines credibility.

abdelmajidtolba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
That's so incredibly ageist and pretentious that it slays me. You're basically saying that age makes one opinion better than the other
Man I really hate when someone remove a specific situation and twist it to use it against him !!
I'm basically saying that gaming experience matter more in opinions than anything else.
Agesist :yes ,pretentious :not.
I enjoy modern gaming more than "retro"
see !! that's not my point .
I'll give a little analogy :
we have 2 guys :
-First dude played fire emblem from day one until the 3ds version
-second dude played only wii and 3ds version
Question : who has better judgement (and opinion) about fire emblem?

my early 09er mention was not to belittle the person (I'm not a native speaker) but to emphasize his experience about old gen games. It's highly unlikely that an 09er will become a amiga fan (it's just unlikely).
Again gaming experience (age and time spent ) will play a lot in having objective opinions.
just check gamefaqs discussions on neverwinter nights and call of duty black ops,you will learn a lot..I learned a lot lol:yaypsp:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See !! that's not my point .
I'll give a little analogy :
we have 2 guys :
-First dude played fire emblem from day one until the 3ds version
-second dude played only wii and 3ds version
Question : who has better judgement (and opinion) about fire emblem?

No one because it's a fucking opinion.

D

Dork

OP
Now compare those PS1 games against Mario Kart 8 and Super Mario Bros WiiU as they look about the same graphically.

Compare Nintendo games to Xbox/PS3 games. Nintendo have games like Mario Kart and Super Mario Bros and PS3/Xbox360 have games like The Last Of Us, Skyrim, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Grid 2. They are both in a different league. The WiiU doesn't even come close to last gen graphics and its supposed to be next gen?
When will Nintendo stop making crap looking games and start on trying to catch up to the other consoles? I would love to see a Zelda game on the Skyrim engine. Or how about Mario in the Last Of Us universe. They can easily release Mario Kart 8 and Supier Mario Bros WiiU on the Gamecube as those games aren't graphically intensive or even need a fast CPU. They are lame if you ask me.
Even Lego Undercover looks old. They could've done so much more but they dont. I'm not sure if the console cant handle it or they just dont want to use the power if it. Whatever reason they are really holding back and way behind what the others bring. The PS4/Xboned will both kick the WiiU's ass as the PS3/Xbox360 already do that.

So what your are saying is, if the art style isn't gritty and edgy, it's just shitty PS1 graphics. Holy fuck, stop posting.

I've been gaming a lot longer than most of you have been alive. I've played more games than you can think of so I know what I'm talking about.

Are you 12?

Reactions: oddMLan

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
The only dark and gritty game ever worth those words is Faxanadu :)

Jokes aside (not really) in the end visuals don't matter. Something history has shown time and time again. Not that some people would even believe that.
Zelda is fantastic no matter how it looks. the NES games are ugly as fuck but are worlds beyond most other games in terms of quality. ALTTP is the best Zelda ever made (although a case for OoT can be made, which is an ugly game all by itself) but it is definitely not the most beautiful ever made (This honor goes to *insert your favourite artstyle zelda in my case Skyward Sword here*) but it still plays fantastic. Majoras Mask was much prettier than OoT but you wouldn't know that from the sales. Same goes for wind waker which is fantastically beautiful but sold far less than Twilight Princess, comparitively a very darb and dull looking title (with some of the best dungeon designs ever).

So all in all this discussion you guys are having is amusing, please continue. Meanwhile I will look forward to the new Zelda no matter how it looks and yes, even if it looks like a ZX spectrum game.

Reactions: ForteGospel

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I loved the Graphics in TP and I dont really Think it's ultra realistic. They could keep going in that direction in my opinion. But dont ever go realistic because that would ruin the feeling.
But is't not only about effects and textures, its about the overall dessign and shape. You cant go and create a Link that looks completely human.
He has to have these anime elf touches in order to preserve the Zelda style. Imagine putting a link costume on a Crysis character. Yuck!! :<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y