Hacking Anyway to fix bricked wiis after running SPM?

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im sick of these damn assholes suggesting things like:

Buy a new Wii. Take out the new Wii, put back your bricked Wii. Return it. Or return it and tell them that it's not working

Its called scamming and its illigal

Hey mr. innocent angel asshole what the hell are you doing on this site? Is that not illegal?
smile.gif

ok then...
rofl2.gif

Killian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

arukado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really gets you thinking, tho.

I just know sooner or later an JPN import wii title will catch my eye and this could happen to our NTSC concoles. I, at least, now have the foresight to let others "test" any imports i might want to get. The irony is that if could really well happen with a legit copy of a game.

And...its a shot in the dark, but has anyone come to think that this might be the reason the Naruto game won't work on non JPN wii's? Maybe it has an update that does check? well, im just throwing it out there.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Really gets you thinking, tho.

I just know sooner or later an JPN import wii title will catch my eye and this could happen to our NTSC concoles. I, at least, now have the foresight to let others "test" any imports i might want to get. The irony is that if could really well happen with a legit copy of a game.

And...its a shot in the dark, but has anyone come to think that this might be the reason the Naruto game won't work on non JPN wii's? Maybe it has an update that does check? well, im just throwing it out there.

Only JPN import I'm looking to get is Hajime no Ippo Revolution. Other than that I'm sticking to NTSC-U games.

instigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah, but let us now instead focus on the problem.... there have to be a way to flash the wii bios or something?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is an internal reset point hidden away somewhere in the guts of the thing. I bet the Nintendo repair techs use it all the time. Matter of time before someone finds it.

Flashing the bios is a different proposition, though!

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im sick of these damn assholes suggesting things like:

Buy a new Wii. Take out the new Wii, put back your bricked Wii. Return it. Or return it and tell them that it's not working

Its called scamming and its illigal

I totally agree.

yes it scamming and its illegal.....
the hope is to wait for new modchip or there might be a way..

from what I looking at that the SPM bugs
it seem went every you turn on the console, you'll get this 'marc:EU/EU/ENG/Setup/ScreenSave.html'
It look like the console still try to active to the internet and cheack for 'marc:EU/EU/ENG/Setup/ScreenSave.html' link while it on? If so you might could fix this by setting your router or cable to host your own 'marc:EU/EU/ENG/Setup/ScreenSave.html' and create a reset page or repair.
unsure.gif

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
take your chip out. Tell nintendo you tried to install an original firmware update and it failed and now your wii is bricked. Also say you opened it to see if anything was loose. Also try taking it back to where you bought it fromÂ
biggrin.gif
would a wii brick if you had a power cut while you where installing new firmware to the wii?
About the telling them you opened it up is stupid. If they ask you then you should say, but keep quite about that part. Because then they wouldn't repair it for you if you opened it up. : /

jon-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yes they will repair it for you, but not for free...
Im 100% sure they will notice that it have been opned up, it's pretty easy to see if you look carefully om the skrews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Your dad still got laid +1