Hacking Anyone with a DSi, DS Phat/Lite willing to upgrade my Acekard?

Geefiasco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, is anyone with a non-upgraded DSi, or a DS Phat/Lite willing to upgrade my little brothers Acekard 2i?

I accidentally updated his DSi to 1.4.2E by accident a while back, and I have no way of getting the AceKard updated as I don't know anyone who has a DS Phat or Lite. As a result, he hasn't been able to play his DSi for 2 months and I feel bad
sleep.gif

I'll send the Acekard out in the post, and will send money for the return postage too.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess I could...I also live in the UK see. I recommend you send it in a jiffy bag (the padded type) and not an envelope. Will you send money or stamp(s) for it?

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before sending your Acekard 2i to total strangers, can you answer a few questions to open up a list of new possibilities?
1. Do you by any chance have your own DSi/3DS not upgraded to a firmware that blocks it out?
2. You can always pull of this trick, cant garantee succes though;
- Make sure you have ~$99 (61 British Pounds), or that can cover the cost.
- Go to a local store that has a DS(lite) available and buy it.
- Update lil' bro's Acekard 2i.
- Wait a day or two and bring back DS(lite), with the receipt.
- Give the cash register one of the many weak excuses that may or may not work;
+ The DS(lite) by accident was not a Nintendo DSi, and tell them that you thought the DS(lite) was a DSi for a much lower price, and ask for your money back to buy it at another store for a lower price. If they tell you they give you a discount, tell them they dont have the colour you want. If he asks for the flyer, tell them you do not have it, and do not comeback for a few weeks when he *might* forget about you.

*Tip; Can't garantee it to work, never tried it.

If that doesn't work, you might have to trust strangers.
unsure.gif

Wish you succes in fixing the acekard 2i problem.

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think we are both on a "stranger" level here. I can ensure Geefiasco and anyone else that I am reliable and not some guy out to steal other people's stuff. I bought a 2i myself from Lightake, so no need for another. However it seems fishy that Geefiasco posted about his problem here, yet that was 2 months ago...why the wait?

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Themanhunt said:
I think we are both on a "stranger" level here. I can ensure Geefiasco and anyone else that I am reliable and not some guy out to steal other people's stuff. I bought a 2i myself from Lightake, so no need for another.

Haven't seen your post, was writing it for the past 10 minutes (2:55 GBATemp time), but yes, sending it to you is a great option, if you live close buy, sending it to you when you live in a different part of the UK is a much safer risk then ending up doing what I mentioned. :/

Themanhunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well you were right to not simply believe me being a friendly chappy, as you never know who you're dealing with on the internet...

But I am a friendly chappy believe me
happy.gif

Geefiasco

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks for the suggestion Moerik. I did think of that, but won't bother, just in case I cannot return the console!

@ TheManHunt, can I take you up on that offer? It's been 2 months since I posted the other thread, but just haven't gotten around to sorting out the DSi for my little brother.

Would you mind sending me a PM so we can discuss it? Of course, i will cover all costs of postage and send the Acekard to you asap. Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1