Anyone with a DSi, DS Phat/Lite willing to upgrade my Acekard?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Geefiasco, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Geefiasco
    OP

Geefiasco Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2011
    Hi, is anyone with a non-upgraded DSi, or a DS Phat/Lite willing to upgrade my little brothers Acekard 2i?

I accidentally updated his DSi to 1.4.2E by accident a while back, and I have no way of getting the AceKard updated as I don't know anyone who has a DS Phat or Lite. As a result, he hasn't been able to play his DSi for 2 months and I feel bad [​IMG]

I'll send the Acekard out in the post, and will send money for the return postage too.

I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

2. Themanhunt

Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2011
    I guess I could...I also live in the UK see. I recommend you send it in a jiffy bag (the padded type) and not an envelope. Will you send money or stamp(s) for it?

3. moerik

moerik GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    Canada, Alberta
    Before sending your Acekard 2i to total strangers, can you answer a few questions to open up a list of new possibilities?
    1. Do you by any chance have your own DSi/3DS not upgraded to a firmware that blocks it out?
    2. You can always pull of this trick, cant garantee succes though;
    - Make sure you have ~$99 (61 British Pounds), or that can cover the cost.
    - Go to a local store that has a DS(lite) available and buy it.
    - Update lil' bro's Acekard 2i.
    - Wait a day or two and bring back DS(lite), with the receipt.
    - Give the cash register one of the many weak excuses that may or may not work;
    + The DS(lite) by accident was not a Nintendo DSi, and tell them that you thought the DS(lite) was a DSi for a much lower price, and ask for your money back to buy it at another store for a lower price. If they tell you they give you a discount, tell them they dont have the colour you want. If he asks for the flyer, tell them you do not have it, and do not comeback for a few weeks when he *might* forget about you.

*Tip; Can't garantee it to work, never tried it.

If that doesn't work, you might have to trust strangers. [​IMG]

Wish you succes in fixing the acekard 2i problem.

4. Themanhunt

Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2011
    I think we are both on a "stranger" level here. I can ensure Geefiasco and anyone else that I am reliable and not some guy out to steal other people's stuff. I bought a 2i myself from Lightake, so no need for another. However it seems fishy that Geefiasco posted about his problem here, yet that was 2 months ago...why the wait?

5. moerik

moerik GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Canada
    Canada, Alberta
    Haven't seen your post, was writing it for the past 10 minutes (2:55 GBATemp time), but yes, sending it to you is a great option, if you live close buy, sending it to you when you live in a different part of the UK is a much safer risk then ending up doing what I mentioned. :/

6. Themanhunt

Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2011
    Well you were right to not simply believe me being a friendly chappy, as you never know who you're dealing with on the internet...

But I am a friendly chappy believe me [​IMG]

7. Geefiasco
    OP

Geefiasco Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2011
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion Moerik. I did think of that, but won't bother, just in case I cannot return the console!

@ TheManHunt, can I take you up on that offer? It's been 2 months since I posted the other thread, but just haven't gotten around to sorting out the DSi for my little brother.

Would you mind sending me a PM so we can discuss it? Of course, i will cover all costs of postage and send the Acekard to you asap. Cheers.

8. Themanhunt

Themanhunt GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2011
    PM sent.