Anyone still uses R4s or plays DS games in 2018

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi i used to play alot of games with my r41 sdhc 3ds back then in 2014 when i also got my 3ds
I didnt have any 3ds game yet all i had was a r4 with a 4gb sdhc
So many great games like zelda pokemon mario etc etc
Even when i got pokemon x and omega ruby in february 2015 i still played with my r4s
I only stopped playing it on january 2016 when the downgrade become public
I downgraded to 4.5.0-10E to launch rxTools through MSET exploit because i didn't have access to the internet to launch the browser every time

Such good memories

Last edited by NoNAND,

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3 Simply Wich is a clone of an R4 but really these days I prefer emulating with DraStic on my tablet larger screens and better screen plus some basic enhancement it's just nice.

Fully recommend Wood Firmware if someone is still using an R4!

Reactions: NoNAND

Player-1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use my R4 3DS RTS from time to time. i also bought Drastic, the best ds emulator for android, and a bluetooth android controller that can hold my phone vetically so i can play through the ds pokemon games and be able to fast foward battles while grinding. also some touch only ds games like WarioWare Touched and Feel The Magic play just as good on a phone as mobile developed games.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My days of piracy are pretty well past now, I've had great fun in finding and buying the DS games I'd spent so much time playing on my DSTwo. These are the ones I play the most, mixed in with a few 3DS games but you get the idea.

upload_2018-6-30_14-40-59.png

D

Deleted User

I mainly use DraStic to play old DS Games. Some games that only/mostly used touch input play really well on it, such as Kirby Mass Attack and WarioWare: DIY.

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My days of piracy are pretty well past now, I've had great fun in finding and buying the DS games I'd spent so much time playing on my DSTwo. These are the ones I play the most, mixed in with a few 3DS games but you get the idea.

View attachment 133933
Man, the european carts for phantom hourglass and spirit tracks look way better than the american carts :{

but yeah i actually bought a new ds flashcart last year to replace my old one, i have around 90 ds games and i like being able to carry them all on me, and now that a hacked 3ds can dump ds roms easily i just add any new games like that

Reactions: Scarlet

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The last game I played with R4 this year was castlevania dawn of sorrow. I still intend to play more games that I did not finish when I had nintendo ds lite ... my R4 and the one of the photo just below., I use it with YSmenu RetroGameFan ^^
1914540_1032182646840490_5198448092254827343_n.jpg

Reactions: NoNAND

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an M3 Simply Wich is a clone of an R4 but really these days I prefer emulating with DraStic on my tablet larger screens and better screen plus some basic enhancement it's just nice.

Fully recommend Wood Firmware if someone is still using an R4!
Dude I love DraStic. Its seriously the best with one omission that kinda sucks: no wifi emulation. :S oh well, its still amazing.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I love DraStic. Its seriously the best with one omission that kinda sucks: no wifi emulation. :S oh well, its still amazing.

Up until yesterday I didn't really care about that missing feature, curiosity caused me to click a link on the front page here. Something called Miifi and there are poeple still playing Mario Kart and stuff so that's cool!

Last edited by Psionic Roshambo,
Reactions: BORTZ

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I actually still use all of my flashcarts, but I mostly use my R4i Gold Plus most of the time. From time to time I will play around with my Supercard DSonei or even my DSTWO. I also have an R4-SDHC, R4i Gold Pro, and R4i-B9S that I am currently conducting some experiments with, I will make a blog post about that at a later date.
Still I am not going to lie and say I use them all that often because I don't carry my 3DS around with me that much. Most of the time I am playing my DS games on my phone using DraStic. I always have my phone and thus I always have access to DraStic. I also use DraStic on my Raspberry Pi 3B+, but that's mostly for bragging rights.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's seriously a load of good JRPGs with the occasional fan translation still releasing. I feel like I'll be working on my DS backlog on and off till death and still never finish.

The whole fan translation thing opens up a whole new world of games, I just got into the SNES version of that... So many translations lol

Now your telling me there are DS ones too??? I can't die until I finish at least some of these games! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!