Hacking Question Anyone played online with SX OS yet?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
We probably won't know. I bet Nintendo will do as Sony and Microsoft does and collect a lot. Then release the banhammer of fury!

Reactions: dgr1592

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats exactly what I am asking myself the whole time. Of course nobody wants to risk a ban and so everyone stays in airplane mode and won't go online.

But the real question for me is: Can I update safely my Backup Games? Like see the game in the menu - press start - game options and "update". Not playing it online - only updating it.

Because even if you are banned updating games is possible, isn't it?

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thats exactly what I am asking myself the whole time. Of course nobody wants to risk a ban and so everyone stays in airplane mode and won't go online.

But the real question for me is: Can I update safely my Backup Games? Like see the game in the menu - press start - game options and "update". Not playing it online - only updating it.

i could so do updates on my PS3 and that is banned

Reactions: Frexxos

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

According to SciresM, it's absolutly STUPID to do that. They get everything sent to them, even when you update the games. If it's your backups it's probably lesser chance, but we don't know what they get on the encrypted part of the carts.
At the moment no, but later on probably.

Reactions: Frexxos

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay. Very good to know. I read the sciresM post about the safety etc. and knew that the switch will defintive send data etc. but did not understood it completly.

Maybe in the future we can have the game updates like now on the 2/3DS. Simple updater or even included in the dumps.

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
you can update backups using boginstaller if you compile a version with the update title key it will likely work with dlc too

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
How about if we dump a original copy (assuming the dump take the unique cert ) of a cart and then lend the game to a friend.
We will both have a valid cart cert but can we play online at the same time ?
Regarding zelda and other games, I already have the update installed since I own the cart as well and I can look for update even when the cart is not inserted so it should not be an issue I think (if you sell a game and buy another cart of the same game, id will be different but it should still work)

Last edited by vickdu31,

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
How about if we dump a original copy (assuming the dump take the unique cert ) of a cart and then lend the game to a friend.
We will both have a valid cart cert but can we play online at the same time ?
Regarding zelda and other games, I already have the update installed since I own the cart as well and I can look for update even when the cart is not inserted so it should not be an issue I think (if you sell a game and buy another cart of the same game, id will be different but it should still work)
you should be able to aslong as you aren't online at the same time as nintendo will see 2 devices using the same header

vickdu31

Trophies
XP
Country
you should be able to aslong as you aren't online at the same time as nintendo will see 2 devices using the same header
Allright, now the friend online notification will finally become useful 8)

Edit :
In case they see these two cart cert online, who will they ban ? What if you dump a game and sell it ? What if you borrow from library to dump the cert ? That would cause so many unfair ban. Nintendo is usually not doing that.

Last edited by vickdu31,

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
work with carts as in XCI backups ?
it hasn't been tested yet if you have sx os do you wanna test it. I have installed a few titles using boginstaller and not gotten bans as ive only launched the titles in airplane mode so it should work wit dlc fine

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it hasn't been tested yet if you have sx os do you wanna test it. I have installed a few titles using boginstaller and not gotten bans as ive only launched the titles in airplane mode so it should work wit dlc fine
happy to test , just still waiting for mine to turn up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny