Hacking Hardware Is it possible to unban a switch yet?

namikaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch was banned a long time ago for pirating games I believe and I do miss the online play a lot so i'm just curious to see if anyone out there finally made a breakthrough for us that are banned and found a way to unban a hacked switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch was banned a long time ago for pirating games I believe and I do miss the online play a lot so i'm just curious to see if anyone out there finally made a breakthrough for us that are banned and found a way to unban a hacked switch.
Your question was answered in this thread. Please use that thread instead for future reference.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guy doesn't listen to reason and sticks to his false believings based on programming illiteracy... :rofl2:

There is none and there won't be, unless you are super duper hacker that will hack Nintendo servers and unban you without Nintendo noticing. Good luck.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" - someone in Nintendo

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Guy doesn't listen to reason and sticks to his false believings based on programming illiteracy... :rofl2:

There is none and there won't be, unless you are super duper hacker that will hack Nintendo servers and unban you without Nintendo noticing. Good luck.

Can you please explain why was unbanning possible during the 3DS days? I know that Switch unbanning will never be possible w/o Nintendo's signing keys, but did the old signing keys leak or something?

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
during 3DS you could unban if the ban was on your "seed B" by using the using the seed B of another unbanned 3DS
but you could also be rebanned (and also get the donnor banned too) and you would have a limited number of seed B ultimately, it wasnt a free and absolute unban method

the switch work differently, you cannot fake this kind of stuff easily, especially if it to play online, nintendo is capable of identifying those kind of tinkering immediately, if it was possible it would already have been done

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
during 3DS you could unban if the ban was on your "seed B" by using the using the seed B of another unbanned 3DS
but you could also be rebanned (and also get the donnor banned too) and you would have a limited number of seed B ultimately, it wasnt a free and absolute unban method

the switch work differently, you cannot fake this kind of stuff easily, especially if it to play online, nintendo is capable of identifying those kind of tinkering immediately, if it was possible it would already have been done
Oh you can fake it with a donor NAND. But it won't work online so it's pointless :P

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need data from a second console to unban yours you might as well just go online on the new one. Nintendo wins either way because you waste money if you try to bypass the ban. See it as a lesson learned.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

typical dick response in my opinion. Blatantly not answering the question and just a “HaHa yoU arE BaNnED” post. Pointless.

Oh you can fake it with a donor NAND. But it won't work online so it's pointless :P
Why wouldn’t it work online? as far as I remember, incognito does remove your serial so it’s definitely possible and there were other tools to fake/change your online serial ID. Of course another donor system would be needed but in theory this would unban your console and I highly doubt that Nintendo‘s algorithms will suddenly notice it unless you’re starting to actually run some unauthorized code or pirated content again.
If you need data from a second console to unban yours you might as well just go online on the new one. Nintendo wins either way because you waste money if you try to bypass the ban. See it as a lesson learned.
Yes, another system would definitely be needed but it still would revive the console’s online ability and there is no proof that it would just “instantly” be banned again or whatever. And if you don’t run unauthorized code again, it might just help to get a console online again and revive its online functionalities which is ideal for having a emulated NAND for custom firmware/ mods and the normal NAND for online gaming on one device.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn’t it work online? as far as I remember, incognito does remove your serial so it’s definitely possible .
Have you ever tried to connect online with your serial number removed? Just go ahead and try to blank your serial number on FW 17 without using dns mitm… :rofl2:
Give it a rest.

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why wouldn’t it work online? as far as I remember, incognito does remove your serial so it’s definitely possible and there were other tools to fake/change your online serial ID. Of course another donor system would be needed but in theory this would unban your console and I highly doubt that Nintendo‘s algorithms will suddenly notice it unless you’re starting to actually run some unauthorized code or pirated content again.
Because you can use a donor nand online, but it's pointless since you will get BOTH system banned if you do. But you can't change your serial without resigning some other components in the Switch. But that key is private and locked at Nintendo.

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you ever tried to connect online with your serial number removed? Just go ahead and try to blank your serial number on FW 17 without using dns mitm… :rofl2:
Give it a rest.
My point was changing the serial numbers is possible. Obviously you can’t go online with a blank serial.
Because you can use a donor nand online, but it's pointless since you will get BOTH system banned if you do. But you can't change your serial without resigning some other components in the Switch. But that key is private and locked at Nintendo.
Why would both systems be banned? There is no proof for that, like I said, as far as I remember they have algorithms that detect whether you run unauthorized code that get you banned and not just the fact you use a donor NAND to go online.
And also I don’t think you need to “resign some other components” to go online.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
My point was changing the serial numbers is possible. Obviously you can’t go online with a blank serial.

Why would both systems be banned? There is no proof for that, like I said, as far as I remember they have algorithms that detect whether you run unauthorized code that get you banned and not just the fact you use a donor NAND to go online.
And also I don’t think you need to “resign some other components” to go online.
Because of flags. Nintendo logs A LOT on the Switch. I mean a stupid amount of things.
For example your Mac address. Good luck changing it, might be possible to spoof, most likely not since the Switch is damn secure.

But be my guest and get another system nand and inject it in to a banned one. Hopefully they will work forever but I got high doubts.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because of flags. Nintendo logs A LOT on the Switch. I mean a stupid amount of things.
For example your Mac address. Good luck changing it, might be possible to spoof, most likely not since the Switch is damn secure.

But be my guest and get another system nand and inject it in to a banned one. Hopefully they will work forever but I got high doubts.
Yes, they do a lot of this, well not 'spying on your devices' type stuff, but, check everything for any mods/hacks if you know what I mean. The Switch, by far like you said, is the most secure console that Nintendo produced, hence why you have to be extremely cautious when installing CFW that is not on your physical NAND.

This has nothing to do with anything. Nintendo does not ban your console just based on your serial number, but, a lot of factors such as your MAC address and much more.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Late to answer but :
Yeah its possible to change your serial, but its not only about flags and stuff like that, its just that they will know its not the original code of your console, their checks are way more thorought than it was before, it have a lot of checks in place that you cannot just bypass like that.
Once again, if it was "this easy" it would be a thing everybody would do, there is no super magic easy secret method, nobody hidding anything to you on that

Its like, imagine having to enter a place :
3DS was basically like saying you are you and writting your name on a paper
Switch is like having to present a state issued ID proof with your photo and biometrics datas and have them all checked

So yeah, its possible, but its also possible to put ketchup in your game slot, its a waste of time, and a waste of the donor console that will also be banned

Also, blanking prodinfo doesnt magically allow you to play online on nintendo server, it allow you to connect to internet without connecting to nintendo server, its by essence an anti nintendo online method

One last time :
There is no special method that were used on every console but that people would have forget just "because"
The checks are way more complex that you seem able to comprehend, its not just comparing a number and saying "ok" or "no", the number is going to be compare d to other numbers, its going to be compared to encrypted signed stuff that cannot be forged, etc
And its not just a a matter of doign stuff on your console, its on nintendo servers too

And sorry to be a little bit condescending, but you arent smarter on this subject that the peoples actually developing the hacks.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also, blanking prodinfo doesnt magically allow you to play online on nintendo server, it allow you to connect to internet without connecting to nintendo server, its by essence an anti nintendo online method
Not any more since your console will not even boot any longer with a blankprod if you don't ban Nintendo's server's in the DNS.

And yes indeed, the 3DS was a simple check. Why unbanning them with a donor was possible.
Switch is a beast of security compared to anything Nintendo done before. The biggest flaw the Switch have is all by Nvidia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto