Hacking Question Anyone played online with SX OS yet?

Russkn87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title suggests, now most of us have our SX OS (and it lives up to our expectations!) I'm wondering if anyone has played Splatoon, DOOM, Mario Kart online etc yet?

If so, let us know if/when you get banned :rofl2:

I'm too scared to do it myself but just curious.

:switch:

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't have it yet. Waiting on my pro.
But to add to this post, I'm interested to know:

Has anyone gone into eShop while in SX?
Has anyone updated backup games yet while In SX?
Has anyone used SX, played some backups, then switched to OFW and gone online in game or into eShop?

Just curious if anything like the above causes insta bans. Id guess not, but worth tracking.

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long as you don't run a pirate game while online (playing or updating), I don't think you would be banned. Just speculation.

Reactions: Chizko

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
actually id want to know if they are safe by using their system menu /not booting into the cfw they had previously installed.
and then trying to play their legitly bought games from eshop online e.g mk/splat etc

Russkn87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been into eShop & News, still fine.

I guess the problem could be when playing backups online that the headers won't match or something (like Sky3DS). I got banned on my 3DS once but it was only for 30 days.

I'm playing in Airplane mode for now as a precaution. Plus, there's not *loads* of online multiplayer games yet until Pokemon & Smash come out.

Reactions: Wezaa

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country

I guess the problem could be when playing backups online that the headers won't match or something (like Sky3DS). I got banned on my 3DS once but it was only for 30 days.

I'm playing in Airplane mode for now as a precaution. Plus, there's not *loads* of online multiplayer games yet until Pokemon & Smash come out.
Sorry, just to clarify, you have been into eShop while you are booted into SX CFW?

From what is now understand from that Reddit post, if you try to play a public backup online (a BBB release) which has no header/cert info as they were cleaned by BBB, you will be insta banned.
And if you use a header from a different game that you own and put it on a public backup, then you will get insta banned if you go online with it too as the headers are game specific.
At least that what I took from the sciresm post.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
my question is how do we get updates , i know i can get updates "offline " for my psvita etc and also on my ps3 it just dose it but not sure switch ( still waiting for my sx pro to turn up ) cani just do an update like i do with my games i have on cart ??

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda

Fornite is a life.

IceTeaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have read the information SciresM posted but I don't get it clear I think. Will I get in trouble when I update my backups, ore only when I play them online?

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to play MP select run OFW and use your purchased games. Only run CFW when you have airplane mode on or you’ll get f*cked...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have read the information SciresM posted but I don't get it clear I think. Will I get in trouble when I update my backups, ore only when I play them online?
Both, don’t go online with CFW running, they have 4-5 checks implemented and any of them can trigger a ban.

Reactions: Nyteshade714

Trappie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To add: nintendo will probably wait 2-4 weeks until 90% of the sx purchasers have used their product to mass ban to smack us all in our faces :)

Reactions: BvanBart

Thetoto

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You just can't connect without the .xci header certificate. So it will not work, and will be banned.

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i am not so much as playing on line , just updates , like with zelda , you go to play the game it goes there is an update download ?etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0