Hacking Anyone know how to run backup games off of the XMB psn style?

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiman released a ebootmod & ebootfix, im wondering if anyone can explain how i can use these for booting games off the xmb

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just wrote the guide, I hope you will find it easy enough
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t290011-guide-to-instal...ike-icon-on-xmb

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

Does your method work with all games, assuming that it's not a 3.60 game or some may not work? Also, can you make a youtube video because I still don't understand it fully (probably because i never seen it in action

***EDIT***
I just also tried it with a few Need special boot method (Select Triangle was it?) but got the following message
The application failed to initialize properly (oxc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I also tried it with Bio Hazard 5 and got the same.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a Youtube account, nor a camera anyway.
I tried to take snapshots but it doesn't show a lot of thing, I'll try to take snapshot of PS3 too.
Most parts are automatic, there's really no hard thing to do, assuming you already know how to dump/copy a game in PS3 and move it to external hard drive, how to drag drop a file on windows, how to install a pkg on PS3, and how to press R3. (it's basic knowledge if you are already using a backup Manager).
Which part number didn't you understand? Maybe I can add more steps.

I don't know if all games are working or not.
3.60 games (currently only Portal2) doesn't work. We need the 3.60 key to decrypt the eboot.bin

What are you talking about "Select+Triangle"?
And where/when do you get that error, on Windows when drag/dropping the file into eboot_fix.exe?
maybe you are missing .net framework 3.5

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
I don't have a Youtube account, nor a camera anyway.
I tried to take snapshots but it doesn't show a lot of thing, I'll try to take snapshot of PS3 too.
Most parts are automatic, there's really no hard thing to do, assuming you already know how to dump/copy a game in PS3 and move it to external hard drive, how to drag drop a file on windows, how to install a pkg on PS3, and how to press R3. (it's basic knowledge if you are already using a backup Manager).
Which part number didn't you understand? Maybe I can add more steps.

I don't know if all games are working or not.
3.60 games (currently only Portal2) doesn't work. We need the 3.60 key to decrypt the eboot.bin

What are you talking about "Select+Triangle"?
And where/when do you get that error, on Windows when drag/dropping the file into eboot_fix.exe?
maybe you are missing .net framework 3.5

I think I understand the instructions, just wanted a youtube turtorial to sure i'm looking at the right thing 1 to 1 but no biggie.

anyway

1) Select + Triangle....those games where you need an external drive to play, like Tomb Raider Trilogy & Ken To Mahou 3
2)I get that Windows error soon after I drop it on the .exe. sometimes it tries to do something on the black screen but it always ends up failing and with that above message.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, so it's not select+Triangle but "was" Select+X
These games are called "Black Screen Games" and need BD-Mirror option in MultiMan.
Use multiMAN 1.17.0 or newer and press R1 to access the new sub-menu, there you can check "BD-Mirror" option.

The "black Screen Games" are also working fine when they are converted as PSN-like game on XMB.
It has nothing to do with your error. You should check if you have .Net 3.5 installed.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
ok, so it's not select+Triangle but "was" Select+X
These games are called "Black Screen Games" and need BD-Mirror option in MultiMan.
Use multiMAN 1.17.0 or newer and press R1 to access the new sub-menu, there you can check "BD-Mirror" option.

The "black Screen Games" are also working fine when they are converted as PSN-like game on XMB.
It has nothing to do with your error. You should check if you have .Net 3.5 installed.

I did check .Net, one of the first things I've checked. I'll keep looking around unless if you got other options. Also, I was under the assumption that BD-Mirror is still only for external devices. I want to avoid External Device usages, which is why I was looking at the XMB option. It's not a huge deal because I already own all the games on BDR and beat some of them, but I always like playing it off the HDD because it's cheaper to replace and more convenient.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BD-Mirror is for external device IF you use a manager (and multiMAN only).

But if you create PSN-like game, you can place it on internal HDD, it's no more a problem, you don't need any special setting.
It has been tested with 3D Dot Game Hero (only works on external), and Eternal Sonata (Black Screen Game with a manager)
Once converted to PSN-like, they are working from internal.

If eboot_fix.exe doesn't work, you could try other program, like Auto Modifier, but you will have to do all the patching manually.
But these program still depend on npdrm, so you might encounter the same error again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...